Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok so basically I'm a guy in the uk, my skin is looking pretty good but you can still see he fading red marks. My birthday is next thursday and as a lot of people know, lots of photos get taken then. So I was wondering if there was a quick fix like some kind of toner or something to kinda hide the red marks.

As I'm a guy I have no idea what makeup is what so if anyone could give me some advice on what to maybe get that would be great, thanks :)

Hmm. I'm not sure what would really hide them well other then makeup.

Do you have a girl friend that can help you? =o

Go out in the sun as much as you can until your birthday. Your face will get a little bit redder and the red marks will be almost invisible. It's not something that I would advise you on doing everytime but if you're looking for a quick fix it works really well.

Nope, no girlfriend, hopefully I'm meeting this girl I like on my birthday as well but last time I saw her it was like months back when my skin was clear and I'm pretty worried what she's going to think :S

The sun is a good idea...Not much sun here in the UK though.....the heatwave just ended :(

Toner.. no idea, I stayed away from those after a break out. But Purpose has a lotion that is suppose to reduce redness lol. I haven't tried it, so I can't let you know. But their gentle cleanser is awesome.

Although a scar, hyperpigmentation, and redness are different things.

I've just discovered this myself and it really works at making red marks less obvious. I'm not sure how good it would be for anyone who has a lot of bad blemishes still, but if you're mostly concerned about red marks then I can't rate this stuff enough...

Use a facial fake tanner. Clinique have one that's non comedogenic, doesn't leave your skin feeling oily or anything, and the tan doesn't develop very much at all (meaning you won't unexpectedly end up orange unless you use a lot).

Also, (getting more girly here) benefit have a yellow tinted powder called bluff dust. If you dust a little bit over the parts of skin with red marks, it'll help to neutralise the redness.

Another product, also from clinique, is called even better skin tone corrector, and it is specifically for hyper pigmentation. It claims to take between 4-6 weeks to work and it's quite expensive, but I think it's worth a go and am trying it at the moment. I'll let you know how I get on!

Good luck! :D