Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

So I started to take Apple Cider Vinegar (internally), for 8 days ago. About 2-3 teaspoons in a bottle of water, every morning and evening. I have mild acne now, after finished accutane for a year ago. But after just 3-4 days on ACV I started breaking out very bad. Very similar to the initial breakout I had with accutane. My skin dries up, and it seems like the skin i purging the bad stuff.

I´ve tried to search around for similar experiences, but it seems like people doing ACV disappears from the forum after a while, or they just quit using it. So what I´m asking for is some experience with initial breakouts while on ACV. I´m still breaking out and my skin feels irritated and try. Should I continue or stop?

I've been using ACV for 4 months now.

I used to take 3 Tablespoons per day, one after each meal... To help flush out whats in my intestines. I Experienced a slight IB, but that was only really the first week or two. Then my skin calmed down again.

Honestly I don't find ACV that effective. I reduced the amount I consume daily out of pure laziness. So right now I take 2 Tablespoons before I go to bed. Then I wake up in the morning ready for a pretty large bowel movement.

I haven't stopped taking it for the sole reason that I believe my face could get worse. Right now I have mild acne, and I'm going to do everything I can; (short of topicals) to keep my face just mild.

ACV made my skin look healthier, that's for sure, but it wasn't a super cure.

ACV doesn't seem to do so much with my bowel movements, maybe thats because when I have big breakouts I get depressed and I eat almost nothing. So there isn't too much to move :ninja:. Ahh, I just hate initial breakouts. They scare the crap out of me, and its really hard to continue new things I´m trying. But I´m not allergic to apples, or they have not made me break out before, so I have a hard time imaging that ACV is bad for me. But the insecurity, awww...

I drank ACV for months... I don't recall an IB but then I was broken out like a mofo at the time... anyways.

Was there an improvement over time? If there was it was subtle - I continued to break out - arguably less so - but really I was also doing alot of diet restriction and other supplementation at the time. I stopped because it tasted nasty, I was still broken out and I wasn't convinced it was doing my teeth any favours either. Plus when I stopped, nothing major happened.

Sorry to hear you're having one anyway tho :(

I've been taking 600mg of ACV supplements for almost two weeks and haven't noticed any difference in my skin or my colon. For reference 250mg of ACV pills equals 1.5 teaspoons of ACV liquid.

I tried the ACV internally as well. I didn't experience an initial outbreak, but chapped lips, and dry, tight skin. The side-effects subsided after a while.

Hey Someday...

How did flossing help your acne?

Since my chin is my worst area, especially the sides of my mouth, I guess I just logically concluded that it must have something to do with my mouth.

Also my teeth are pretty crappy - I have a good few fillings etc from years of abuse so food would tend to get caught in them alot. So I just decided to tackle that whole area. Fact is, pretty much as soon as I began really keeping my mouth clean - breakouts have been far more infrequent. I even carry those floss stick things around lol

I get the impression you and other posters may be taking too much. 1 teaspoon is more than enough; if I take too much it irritates my stomach and upsets my digestion. Like pretty much everything; too much isn't good:P. Try reducing it to 1 teaspoon per serving and see if that helps.

Hey I had the same problem I was takin 3 teaspoons a day in water first thing in the morning and I broke out.

I was going to quit but my mom urged me to continue,

I did and after a week or two my whole skin cleared.

What I found out is it's clearing your liver and pushing all the toxins out i.e causing zits.

So trust me continue and you won't be disappointed.

Unless your allergic :)

And one more thing: I live in Norway, so I can´t find the Braggs Organic vinegar, but I got another organic one though. It´s clear and doesn't contain the "mother". Would just organic do?

snkr, I just put up a post with the same problem! I'm glad I found this, at least I'm not the only one disappointed with ACV after hearing so many "miracles!"

Good luck, and keep me posted- I'm hoping since you posted about a week before me, that you're out of the "detox phase" as I call it! I'm gonna stick with it too, thanks everyone!