Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
itstricky916

Sunscreen by itself?

I have been using a moisturizer for several months now that I use both day and night and I think that it might have something to do with my acne breakouts. Either way, I have been thinking of switching to just plain Neutrogena Oil-Free sunblock lotion SPF 45 by itself. Would this be appropriate for my skin if i just smeared sun screen in the morning after I wash my face?

And I doubt wearing sun screen at night is effective at all? And would using sunscreen act as substitute for a moisturizer? Respond if you get what I'm saying!??!?

Try Using a Moisturizer with spf in the morning. Make sure it is Non-comedogenic and you don't need sun screen at night. Good luck

Yes, for some of us (myself included) sunscreen can be used instead of moisturizer. If I tried using both moisturizer AND sunscreen (separately), my BP balls up and I have a seriously greasy face (even with dry-touch sunscreens!). I use AHA+ at night.

If the moisturizer-sunscreen combo you want to try ends up not irritating your skin and works for you, I can't see a problem with using it at night other than you obviously aren't blocking rays at 10 pm and such. But who cares about that? Use what your skin likes! ;)

I get what you're trying to say. I, too, use this same method. I'm too lazy to put moisturizer on in the morning, then wait and apply the sunscreen. So, I do what you do. Simply use sunscreen in the morning only, and moisturizer at night. I've had no problems with it.