Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vmx85

Red corners of my mouth

Hi everyone. I'm now into my 4th month of tane. I notice these days that both corners of my mouth are becoming redder and drier. I've been using Aquaphor ever since I was put on tane. I was just wondering whether anybody has any advice of how to make the red corners better? Any input will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

Redness usually means that the skin is irrittated, do you scratch or bite, or even peel the dry skin from the corners of your mouth a lot?, if so stop that and put some vaseline on it to help it heel faster and moisterise it. The redness will go away then.

That's what causes me to have redness at the corners of my mouth, however, tane is known to cause redness anyway regardless of wether you itch, or peel skin.

Redness usually means that the skin is irrittated, do you scratch or bite, or even peel the dry skin from the corners of your mouth a lot?, if so stop that and put some vaseline on it to help it heel faster and moisterise it. The redness will go away then.

That's what causes me to have redness at the corners of my mouth, however, tane is known to cause redness anyway regardless of wether you itch, or peel skin.

Thanks! I've been using CeraVe and emu oil as moisturizer and Aquaphor as lipbalm. But it seems that the the skin around my mouth is always very dry no matter how much moisturizer I use. :think:

Hi everyone. I'm now into my 4th month of tane. I notice these days that both corners of my mouth are becoming redder and drier. I've been using Aquaphor ever since I was put on tane. I was just wondering whether anybody has any advice of how to make the red corners better? Any input will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

I am also on my 4th month of Accutane and I had red dry corners on my mouth as well. They finally cracked and were so painful and would not heal. My derm gave me anti-yeast diaper cream to heal the cracks. I am not kidding. It tasted disgusting and looked crazy (it is white so I only used it at night) but it worked. Do not let yours get as bad as mine! I recommend covering your lips surrounding area with vit E from capsules and sealing it in with aquaphor (as much as you can stand). It will be a bit messy (I sleep with it slathered on now and use less during the day) but I know for sure it works and is worth the effort/expense. Vit E will help heal the cracks as well if you can't prevent them. I hope it helps!

what is the name of the anti yeast diaper rash medicine? i have been using some type of stuff so,o;ar- but it is not working.

I am also on my 4th month of Accutane and I had red dry corners on my mouth as well. They finally cracked and were so painful and would not heal. My derm gave me anti-yeast diaper cream to heal the cracks. I am not kidding. It tasted disgusting and looked crazy (it is white so I only used it at night) but it worked. Do not let yours get as bad as mine! I recommend covering your lips surrounding area with vit E from capsules and sealing it in with aquaphor (as much as you can stand). It will be a bit messy (I sleep with it slathered on now and use less during the day) but I know for sure it works and is worth the effort/expense. Vit E will help heal the cracks as well if you can't prevent them. I hope it helps!

derm had me use antifungal cream (clotrimazole cream 1%) for my corners....for athlete's foot! during the day i rub it in really good and at night i just put a big glop on each side. use dr dan's corti-balm and neostrata lip conditioner.

Thanks for the replies guys. Really appreciated it. It's getting better now but after I wash my face, the corners are pretty red. Anyways, I'm going off tane in about half a month, wish me luck~!

I just got a sample of Dr. Dan's cortibalm from my derm. I had been trying Aquaphor and Vaseline with no results, so I asked him what else I could use. That was on Tuesday, and today the redness around my mouth is completely gone. That stuff is awesome!

I just got a sample of Dr. Dan's cortibalm from my derm. I had been trying Aquaphor and Vaseline with no results, so I asked him what else I could use. That was on Tuesday, and today the redness around my mouth is completely gone. That stuff is awesome!

That sounds wonderful! I'll try get a sample from my derm too... I don't feel like jumping to the full-size product now... I've spent way too much money because of acne...

Are we talking about the corners of the lips, or the skin just beside your mouth? Cuz the skin has suddenly become the issue for me, and I have to reapply moisturizer to it every 15 minutes lol. GAHHH!!! But I'll take this over having split lips.