Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ckko25

2 week no make-up challenge

Okay guys. I have not worn makeup for 2 days, and for the most part it feels really good! This is a HUGE deal for me because like I said I've worn it everyday for 10 years! Please say your prayers and wish me luck. I'm hoping that this will cure the rest of my acne and red marks. I'm sick of being a slave to foundation. Still wearing mascara eye shadow etc though. ;)

Anybody else that wants to take this challenge with me leave your posts here.

i cant take the challenge now cus im getting married in 6 days.

But once i tried the no washing regimen once and lasted without washing or makeup for a week lol.

erggg that sounds tough :/

i've worn concealer and foundation for the past 4 years EVERYDAY straight.

right now i have some red spots from picking *trying to stop! day 1* and scars

i think i might give it a try though :) sounds like it could help!

good luck to you on your journey to beautiful skin!

Kudos to you for trying this, I don't have the guts to do it yet. I have so many embarrassing red marks. Once they are faded a bit more, I will try tanning a little and see if that helps and then MAYBE I can wear less foundation.

Love your initiative, I think that is great. I agree with electricfeel though, I need some tanning before I could try that. I do only wear it twice a week, as of now, though.

i cant take the challenge now cus im getting married in 6 days.

But once i tried the no washing regimen once and lasted without washing or makeup for a week lol.

I actually haven't worn makeup in about two months!

I had the same situation as you and back then I would have NEVER believed I could really do it. Like Electric, I started with less makeup.

But eventually I decided the makeup was only becoming more of an embarrassment. People can always tell you're wearing it, ya know, as long as they are close up. And since I had a serious boyfriend I couldn't stand knowing that he can see how much makeup I was wearing.

I figured the makeup had to be bad for me and finally took the leap, cold turkey, just stopped wearing it. I still wear eye makeup because it's fun, pretty, and doesn't interfere with the rest of my face. But I haven't worn a stitch of makeup anywhere else ever since. We're talking even at events like my graduation.

It's funny, I'd feel weird wearing it now! Don't doubt yourself and just go for it, it is a wonderful wonderful feeling. :D

I don't mean to sound like a bit of a jerk...but why is the "no makeup" thing a big deal??? I mean - yes, I wear makeup (eyeshadow, liner, blush, lipgloss, concealer) but no foundation. I like to wear makeup but would rather my SKIN show through rather than a face full of powder, foundation, etc. And before anyone attacks me and says it's because I must not have acne - I do have acne and plenty of red marks, surface scarring, and PIH to boot. My skin has improved over the past few months but even when it was at it's WORST I would only wear concealer... I'm just sayin' ladies - that you are probably better looking than you think without the face full of makeup.

Hey All,

Thank you for your posts and support!! I would have NEVER considered doing this but my girlfriend put me up to the challenge telling me that I'm too pretty to wear makeup and that if I'd stay away from it for a month I'd be rid of my acne problems for good. Then my husband tells me the same thing about staying away from it for a month and having clear skin! So with that said, I went for the plunge. It STINKS though because I had bad breakouts on each side of my jawline!! :(

It really makes me feel insecure. GEEEZ I'm 27, and should be done with this junk.

I rarely wear makeup in the summer (yes, I'm mostly clear, but I still have quite a bit of PIH, so I don't LOOK clear). Wearing makeup just feels gross on hot, humid days. I find a fresh, clean face feels pretty liberating. :D Good luck to everyone!

I rarely wear makeup in the summer (yes, I'm mostly clear, but I still have quite a bit of PIH, so I don't LOOK clear). Wearing makeup just feels gross on hot, humid days. I find a fresh, clean face feels pretty liberating. :D Good luck to everyone!

I started Dans regimen 12 days ago and haven't been able to wear make-up because my skin is too flaky. When I've tried to put on foundation, it looked horrible so I have had to go without and it has certainly been hard! I feel like I'm not myself because I am so used to being done up but it's kind of liberating to be free from the process! I tell you, I have had some rough looking days though! Once my skin evens out and adjusts to the regimen, I am sure that I'll go back to wearing it but its interesting to take a break from it.

I don't mean to sound like a bit of a jerk...but why is the "no makeup" thing a big deal??? I mean - yes, I wear makeup (eyeshadow, liner, blush, lipgloss, concealer) but no foundation. I like to wear makeup but would rather my SKIN show through rather than a face full of powder, foundation, etc. And before anyone attacks me and says it's because I must not have acne - I do have acne and plenty of red marks, surface scarring, and PIH to boot. My skin has improved over the past few months but even when it was at it's WORST I would only wear concealer... I'm just sayin' ladies - that you are probably better looking than you think without the face full of makeup.

How do I do just the concealer thing? ?Doesn't it look bad to just see blotches of concealer?? Is there a trick to it?

Okay guys. I have not worn makeup for 2 days, and for the most part it feels really good! This is a HUGE deal for me because like I said I've worn it everyday for 10 years! Please say your prayers and wish me luck. I'm hoping that this will cure the rest of my acne and red marks. I'm sick of being a slave to foundation. Still wearing mascara eye shadow etc though. ;)

Anybody else that wants to take this challenge with me leave your posts here.

I want to take this challenge! But I know I'll fail as I'm going an Oasis concert tonight with my family, and I'll want to take pictures. Maybe I could start it on Wednesday!!

How do I do just the concealer thing? ?Doesn't it look bad to just see blotches of concealer?? Is there a trick to it?

I don't know, really. I have never had a problem with it "blending" into my skin. I use a concealer that exactly matches my skin color (and this took FOREVER to find - a LOT of trial and error and lots of products). I use a small concealer brush (more like a small eyeliner brush) to dot on spots. I use the EM Sunlight over my concealer under my eyes so there isn't a line of demarcation between the makeup and my skin.

DO NOT buy rareminerals "blemish therapy" it broke me out by putting it onto my skin as a spot treatment! I walked into my makeup place today (without makeup of course) and the ladies were like "omgosh u are so broken out", I was like thanks. So guys, you know you can do this I bet most of you only have red marks and I'm so broken out that people comment !!! :(

Ahhh this is SOOO hard not wearing makeup OR concealer!!

Okay so I failed my 2 week challenege. I will start over when i'm not so broken out, I just couldn't take it anymore with my skin this bad. Most of the time I just have one or two breakouts with alot of redmarks but this unfortunately is not the case right now. I will be back to complete this challenge that I have started, when my skin isn't so angry.

Okay so I failed my 2 week challenege. I will start over when i'm not so broken out, I just couldn't take it anymore with my skin this bad. Most of the time I just have one or two breakouts with alot of redmarks but this unfortunately is not the case right now. I will be back to complete this challenge that I have started, when my skin isn't so angry.

You still did well going a couple of days without make-up! Kudos!

I really really wanna do this- just to complete a personal challenge. I'm so self-conscious, I don't think I've gone a day without wearing foundation since I was 12! It's getting ridiculous. A few weeks ago I was studying for my final uni exams and all my flatmates had left to go home or whatever and as I was studying, I just locked myself up in my room for three days with absolutely no human contact and you know what? I STILL put my make-up on every single morning. It's just crazy! I know that slathering my face in foundation everyday isn't good but I actually feel dirtier without make-up, it's weird. I suppose it has been part of my routine for so long that in my head it 'finshes' off the cleansing process for me and I just feel completely naked without it. My acne isn't even that bad. It's not red or inflamed- it's mostly blackheads. But because it's not inflamed, make-up can completely cover it up so that my skin looks perfect with it on- which it really really isn't. A plus about being such a make-up junkie though is that because I've worn it everyday and I'm a magician at blending, people don't even think I wear make-up and think that my foundation-covered skin is my natural skin. A couple of friends have even said to me that I'm lucky I don't have to wear make-up cause I have nice skin... I felt like such a fraud and that has just fueled my addiction even more!

Anyway, enough babbling, I'm going on a family holiday next week (no friends or boyfriend there to impress!) and I'm going to FORCE myself to complete the two-week no make-up challenge then- even if it's just during the day. It's a huge step for me!

Good luck to anyone else braving the bare-faced look!

I really really wanna do this- just to complete a personal challenge. I'm so self-conscious, I don't think I've gone a day without wearing foundation since I was 12! It's getting ridiculous. A few weeks ago I was studying for my final uni exams and all my flatmates had left to go home or whatever and as I was studying, I just locked myself up in my room for three days with absolutely no human contact and you know what? I STILL put my make-up on every single morning. It's just crazy! I know that slathering my face in foundation everyday isn't good but I actually feel dirtier without make-up, it's weird. I suppose it has been part of my routine for so long that in my head it 'finshes' off the cleansing process for me and I just feel completely naked without it. My acne isn't even that bad. It's not red or inflamed- it's mostly blackheads. But because it's not inflamed, make-up can completely cover it up so that my skin looks perfect with it on- which it really really isn't. A plus about being such a make-up junkie though is that because I've worn it everyday and I'm a magician at blending, people don't even think I wear make-up and think that my foundation-covered skin is my natural skin. A couple of friends have even said to me that I'm lucky I don't have to wear make-up cause I have nice skin... I felt like such a fraud and that has just fueled my addiction even more!

Anyway, enough babbling, I'm going on a family holiday next week (no friends or boyfriend there to impress!) and I'm going to FORCE myself to complete the two-week no make-up challenge then- even if it's just during the day. It's a huge step for me!

hi Glitterball,

Thank you for the kudos! Today I went without makeup and although I won't be able to complete the two week no makeup challenge until i'm free of breakouts this is still HUGE for me to go a day or so at a time without it. I feel like such a little girl LOL. My hubby is older than I so who knows what people think while we're out with our two kids...I'm the oldest? Yikes!!! Good luck with your no makeup challenge. Please do follow through with that. How lucky you are to only have some blackheads girl! I wish! Anyway, it doesn't make it any easier for you if you have also made makeup part of who you are on a day to day basis. I have many times only hung at home and still put it on, but i'm trying to put an end to this, i really am. Even today we went into a couple stores and the library bare faced eek! Luckily my hubby thinks i'm beautiful even the days i do not wear it! :) I'm sure your boyfriend will too, gee he probably couldn't see a differenmce at all if like you said u only have a couple blackheads! I will talk with you later.

Good luck to the rest of you all who are trying this challenge! Remember God made each and every one of us, and who are we to say his creation isn't beautiful!! :)

The no makeup thing is a big deal to me because I have a ton of red marks and foundation makes me feel more confident. Some women get their breasts augmented because it makes them feel better about themselves, I wear foundation for the same reason. Almost all of my right cheek is covered with red marks, it would not be very professional of me to walk into my office and speak to colleagues looking this way.

The no makeup thing is a big deal to me because I have a ton of red marks and foundation makes me feel more confident. Some women get their breasts augmented because it makes them feel better about themselves, I wear foundation for the same reason. Almost all of my right cheek is covered with red marks, it would not be very professional of me to walk into my office and speak to colleagues looking this way.

I feel the same way too electric. I use foundation because it plain old makes me feel better about the way I look. Maybe if you wanted to do the challenge it could be on weekends, when you're not going into work? It's soooooooo hard believe meI know, i have redamrks ALL over my face AND breakouts right now!

I haven't been wearing make-up since I've been on Accutane, except when I go out at night to a pub or club etc. I still have a heap of red marks, and have been breaking out, but I'm just over it. If people have a problem with looking at me, well no-one is forcing them! All of my friends and work colleagues have seen me with my skin at it's worst, and I don't care what strangers think anymore. I wear make-up when I get glammed up to go out, but not in everyday situations. I feel like it makes more of an impact as well, when your skin looks crap usually, and then you get done up for big parties etc. I feel like the makeup never covered it extremely well anyway, but that I can get away with it at night ;) I'd rather let my skin breathe. It must be a really tough cycle to get out of once you start! I can definitely understand how much more confident you would be underneath the make-up, but honestly, I think we all need to start being more confident in ourselves as human beings, and to stop worrying about our looks and how people may perceive us. Good luck to everyone trying to make the transition!

Btw electric, my exclamation points are in regards to my skin, not directed towards you. Sorry I re-read and didn't want it to be misinterpretated. :)

I don't know much about makeup, but seeing as though you're stopping something you've done for ten years. It must be nerve racking, and it was probably hard to come to the conclusion that you were going to do it. Must have been even harder to begin not wearing makeup.

I admire that. o:

So I wish you good luck!

I don't know much about makeup, but seeing as though you're stopping something you've done for ten years. It must be nerve racking, and it was probably hard to come to the conclusion that you were going to do it. Must have been even harder to begin not wearing makeup.

I admire that. o:

So I wish you good luck!

Thank you camcorder it is! It's very difficult. One of my friends that encourages me NOT to wear make-up says, "you don't always have to be the cutest trick in shoe leather", and maybe that's what it is, I don't know lol. Plus, I look the same, just younger right? lol

I haven't been wearing make-up since I've been on Accutane, except when I go out at night to a pub or club etc. I still have a heap of red marks, and have been breaking out, but I'm just over it. If people have a problem with looking at me, well no-one is forcing them! All of my friends and work colleagues have seen me with my skin at it's worst, and I don't care what strangers think anymore. I wear make-up when I get glammed up to go out, but not in everyday situations. I feel like it makes more of an impact as well, when your skin looks crap usually, and then you get done up for big parties etc. I feel like the makeup never covered it extremely well anyway, but that I can get away with it at night ;) I'd rather let my skin breathe. It must be a really tough cycle to get out of once you start! I can definitely understand how much more confident you would be underneath the make-up, but honestly, I think we all need to start being more confident in ourselves as human beings, and to stop worrying about our looks and how people may perceive us. Good luck to everyone trying to make the transition!

Hey wide-eyed,

I agree that we just need to be more accepting of who we are and what we look like. Plus less is more these days, right? I also really never felt like make-up never covered 100% and that I probably did look as if I was trying to cover up my problem areas. Well yesterday, I went without and today, as soon as I put makeup on I was like, "why did I just do that"? Then my hubby tells me that I'm not supposed to when he sees me with it on. He says my skin is clearing up so nicely without it. It's great to have the support!

good job staying away from the make-up girl! Half the time I am and the other half I wish I would have. Just remember we are going through the saame thing right now, and when it gets tough just think of me and I will think of you as well :)

hi Glitterball,

Thank you for the kudos! Today I went without makeup and although I won't be able to complete the two week no makeup challenge until i'm free of breakouts this is still HUGE for me to go a day or so at a time without it. I feel like such a little girl LOL. My hubby is older than I so who knows what people think while we're out with our two kids...I'm the oldest? Yikes!!! Good luck with your no makeup challenge. Please do follow through with that. How lucky you are to only have some blackheads girl! I wish! Anyway, it doesn't make it any easier for you if you have also made makeup part of who you are on a day to day basis. I have many times only hung at home and still put it on, but i'm trying to put an end to this, i really am. Even today we went into a couple stores and the library bare faced eek! Luckily my hubby thinks i'm beautiful even the days i do not wear it! :) I'm sure your boyfriend will too, gee he probably couldn't see a differenmce at all if like you said u only have a couple blackheads! I will talk with you later.

Good luck to the rest of you all who are trying this challenge! Remember God made each and every one of us, and who are we to say his creation isn't beautiful!! :)

Haha, I know what you mean about feeling like a little girl without make-up, I too look like such a child when bare-faced and my boyfriend's ten years older than me too- I wonder what we'd look like together if I went out with him makeupless!

Well, my holiday and therefore my challenge starts tomorrow! I'll update when I get back in a couple of weeks to let you know how I fared... I'm really hoping I don't cave! :unsure:

Hope you can keep it up, too!