Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have used a honey as a simple mask. I believed it really did nothing like other websites said. It didn't sooth my skin, at all. But, it might work for others. Has anyone tried it? Thanks.

-Aaron

Honey smoothed my skin and bleached it among with other things. First I made a sugar and honey and a lemon mask. You put in honey, sugar, and a drop or two of lemon juice. you mix it together and the sugar gets off the dead skin cells and the honey bleaches. It does not help if your acne is out of control. This mask is just an exfoliant.

I use honey in place of soap and have gotten really good results. I use raw honey from a natural food store, and makes my inflamed stuff go away really fast. If I use soap instead of honey, my face breaks out like crazy. The really deep stuff non-inflamed stuff it doesn't help with...but I am trying something new and hopefully it will get better.

I use honey in place of soap and have gotten really good results. I use raw honey from a natural food store, and makes my inflamed stuff go away really fast. If I use soap instead of honey, my face breaks out like crazy. The really deep stuff non-inflamed stuff it doesn't help with...but I am trying something new and hopefully it will get better.

I'm curious, how do you use it as a cleanser? Do you just apply it, massage it and then rinse off? :)

I'm curious, how do you use it as a cleanser? Do you just apply it, massage it and then rinse off? :)

Pretty much just like that. The raw honey I have is not really liquid, it's more like a custard texture, makes it easier. And then it washes off clean. It works, something about honey dissolving both in water and oil. My face breaks out sooo bad if I use soap. Even stuff like Cetaphil.

I've just started using a simple honey mask at night (since Saturday), and have seen a good amount of improvement in my skin already.

Skin type: Combination, cool undertones, uneven, light to moderate acne.

My face is notorious (due to my very light complexion) for showing acne scars, and my breakouts are very noticeable on my face. In the last few days though, with honey included in my regimen, I've noticed that the honey has been reducing the swelling of my current blemishes and has been evening out my skin tone--much more than my green tea toner does.

I apply the honey mask at night after washing my face. I leave it on for 15-30 minutes, and simply rinse it off with lukewarm water (no soap). When I wake up, my complexion looks pretty even--not perfect, but noticeable improvement.

Make sure you use RAW honey, or natural honey from a local honeybee farm (found at natural food store). Using honey from a grocery store will not give you the results you are looking for. Processed honey often has corn syrup or sugar additives, which will do absolutely nothing for your skin.

Oooh. I started mixing raw honey,clay,and water to make a morning cleanser. It seems to moisturize and clean well.

I don't know how beneficial it is in the long run,since I have not been using it for long.

When you buy it,make sure it says unprocessed AND unheated. A lot of them heat the honey to make it runny,but that kills the nutrients in it! It should be a very THICK paste. I also hear manuka honey is best,but I have not tried it yet. I'm experimenting with honey from different blossoms because I want something for taste and skin care.

I currently use Y.S. Organic Raw honey. It doesn't say what flowers the bees used,but the taste is out of this world. Yum. It does seem to make my skin soft,too.

Red Marks are a pain.They take forever to heal and it takes a lot of patience! Mine have died down a lot ever since I stopped having deeply embedded acne,so I'm not sure if something like honey has the power to finish the job.

If you want to try what I did:

2 Tablespoons raw honey

2 Tablespoons clay (I used aztec healing clay)

and about 4 Tablespoons warm water.

It takes a while to mix,the honey dissolves slowly.I then massage it into my skin until the mixture starts to get dry and sticky.It makes enough for a couple of weeks worth.You don't need much. I wouldn't recommend using it when trying to remove foundation.I still use a store bought cleanser at night.

Raw honey is actually used in wound care. It's anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial. It debrides the surface of open wounds, helping to reveal healing tissue by removing the slough.

Using honey as a mask is a good idea. It is possible it may help with redmarks; I extrapolate this from its ability to debride.

It worked like a miracle for me!

I've been dealing with a lot of stress lately, breaking out like mad, and trying new products that just ended up making my skin worse. Recently, I started breaking out on my back and getting pimply rashes all over my chest and collarbone, with noticable clogged pores (that were red and imflamed as well) all over the place! (I blame a certain cream lotion that I had been using to help with my dry skin). Tried everything and nothing was working on my back, and everything irritated my chest even more and made it look worse.

Last night, I decided to try honey, because I've heard it's good for rashes and acne. I used a hot washcloth to wipe down my upper body (leaving it on a little longer than normal to help open my pores), then I slathered myself with honey. Meant to leave the honey on for 20 minutes, but got a phone call, so ended up leaving it on for about 2 hours. I washed it off with the washcloth, then put on my usual jojoba oil and went to bed. This morning I woke to find the pimply rash on my chest GONE and ALL of the clogged pores on my chest, back, and shoulders GONE! Even the couple of pimples I had on my back are so much smaller!

Seriously guys, if you're experiencing anything like I was, I'm telling you, TRY THIS! I could not be happier right now! I think I'll even try it on my face tonight.

And just an FYI, I didn't use anything fancy, just plain old cheap honey.

Google "manuka honey + acne"... It's high rated, raw manuka honey that helps acne, not most other honeys. Read up on it and then try it! I've been using manuka honey daily for weeks now (that, plus ONLY washing with sea salt water), and my skin is FINALLY HEALING. I'm talking severe adult acne that NOTHING ELSE has worked on. Seriously, google manuka honey and then go buy some. I'm using 15+. It's amazing.

Raw honey is actually used in wound care. It's anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial. It debrides the surface of open wounds, helping to reveal healing tissue by removing the slough.

Using honey as a mask is a good idea. It is possible it may help with redmarks; I extrapolate this from its ability to debride.

I second this. You need to use raw, manuka honey active 16+, from a trusted manufacturer, and leave on for an hour every day for 2 weeks, then come back. The changes are always phenomenal for me. You'll be happy. :)

I use honey as cleanser every morning (since I don't have to worry about removing makeup) and then I slather it on as kind of a quick mask in the evening after I remove my makeup. I use the unprocessed, unheated kind and it makes my skin feel very soft and helps clam redness.

If you are switching from something hard like Clean and Clear or other acne brands, you may not feel like a honey cleanser is "working" because there is never going to be weird tingling or rough scrubbing grains, but if you can get over that and just let your skin heal, you will thank yourself.

After rinsing, I simply moisturize with a little aloe and add a few drops of jojoba oil. My skin has never been so calm and even-toned.

Good luck!

Guest Playing_In_Traffic

I really love organic honey as an exfoliant. I use honey with the propolis and honeycomb still in it, which gives it a gritty texture for deeper exfoliation. Every other night or so after cleansing, I will lightly scrub my skin and lips, focusing on dry patches. Sometimes, I will also let it sit on my face for a few minutes. It works nicely to soften, smooth, and calm my skin. I love it and it's all natural, so it doesn't stress me into thinking I might break out. best of luck :)