Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, I'm a soon to be 19 year old college student. I have had acne for I'd say 4 years now, fortunately enough it has never been anything too serious, just the occasional breakout that has never been bad enough to the point where I needed to worry about scarring, and up until recently, using benzaclin topical gel has been enough to keep me almost acne free. However, recently I decided to grow my hair out really long, which was not one of my best ideas which brought a breakout that I haven't been able to entirely get rid of since I'd say march 2009. So after getting back home from school and talking with my derm. we decided to start the fun filled journey of accutane treatment! WOOOO!

DAY 1: After getting my bloodwork done, getting the results, and getting home from my spontaneous trip to pittsburgh, I finally got my dosage of accutane. Found out I can't get any new tattoos, which sucks a bunch, I had an appointment for my other half sleeve! I am starting off taking 60mg a day if I remember correctly. I took my first pill around 7pm sunday night and hoped for the best results for the next morning, so that maybe I good look a little better for work this week. Being as impatient with acne as I am, I assumed that maybe for some reason I would show some results the next day, but nope, nothing really different. I had a few new whiteheads under my nose which was dissapointing, because my face was almost clear aside from a few spots of acne on my temples.

Day 2: Well still not much is going on as far as clearing up is concerned, I know it is unrealistic to expect my face to get clear so soon, but the fact that I have small breakouts each day is really not helping with my confidence about this product. I have red bumps on my forhead which were not there prior to starting the treatment. It is so frustrating that this is making my face look worse rather than better, and I am hoping this is my initial breakout, and that things will start getting better soon.

Day 3: My face still looks the same as it did yesterday, no new pimples, everything just looks exactly the same as it did yesterday. I starting taking 1000iu of vitamin e today to ensure that the acne on my temples heals nice and quickly because it is the only spot that has a possibility to scar really, so I want to ensure I take care of that. I am really starting to notice that my face is getting worse which is super lame! but oh well, I assume. or at least hope, that it means the product is working.

Day 4: Woke up for work at 7, not too much is new, got a few new pimples on my dome piece along my hairline on my forehead which I am just thrilled about! I really hope that this breakout stage doesn't last long, because it is making me not want to do anything social for a while. But, I'm hoping that the rest of this week, as well as the next one brings some positive results!!!!!!

I am going to try and update this day by day if I find the time, which I probably will, seeing as how I sit in front of a computer all day at work. If anyone has any suggestions that they would like to give me on how I can make this process yeild the best results, I would really appreciate it, I want this process to be as quick and problem free as possible.

Dude, I know how you feel about the tattoo thing. I read the warning in the pamphlet and was just like... fuck. Best thing to get through accutane is LIP CHAP! Lots and lots of lip chap. And a good moisturizer. And try not to pop pimples or use topicals (even though it's incredibily tempting.)

alright thanks! i'm going into day 5 here shortly, and i am almost 100% sure i am having my initial breakout, my acne is really not bad, my cheeks and forehead are almost completely clear but i broke out on two small spots on my temples and above my top lip, which blows because i never get acne this bad. But so far i haven't got the dry skin/lips but it is still in the first stages so i better stock up!

Hey, how is it going? I am about to start my 4th month and things are looking great. Ya for sure do not get a tattoo!!! When I started accutane I was about to finish my sleeve on my right arm. Around 2 weeks into my treatment I went and got more work done and it looks like shit at the moment. The colors faded hardcore. I hear people scar from it, good thing it didn't happen to me. I am just gonna get it re done so it is not that big of a deal. Also no piercings if they didn't tell you. Which also sucks because I was gonna get my ears gauged.

Good luck with your course man.