Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am on week one and I can't wait to get past week two because I am hoping for further improvement and less irrated skin. This is my last day of week one and my skin is still erupting with 2 or 3 zits every day and it is very dry and flaky. I think the redness has gone down just a tad, its not bright red now but rather a dull red. Still not too attractive but at least it appears my skin is adjusting slightly! I also have noticed that the zits I am getting tend to dry out much quicker and come to head within a day rather then being under the skin for 2 or 3 days.

Overall my skin is gross and it is hard to continue with my normal routine of school and work because it is so hard to face people. One side of my face is a lot worse then the other so I find myself trying to look to the side when talking to people or sitting with my "good side" facing people. Pathetic!! I blame my acne problem on having to switch to a progesterone only birth control because of migraines that I had awhile ago that caused auras. Before this I was on YAZ and although I haven't had migraines since switching to YAZ over a year ago, the doc still thought it best to put me on Camila. I am not so sure because now I have acne, anxiety and depression problems and if things don't get better I will probably have to get on some type of depression/anxiety med. I think I might be better off going back on YAZ but I don't think my doc agrees.

I will continue the regimen and see what happens. I have high hopes that this will work so I continue and fight the embarrassment of my skin condition and see what results I get. Right now i am using Purpose gentle face wash, neutragena on the spot 2.5 BP and Olay sensitive skin moisturizer. I also tried adding jojoba oil to my moisturizer yesterday and it seemed to help my skin from being too flaky so I will continue to use a drop of that during the day time.

Hi Jessi,

Good luck with the regimen! Give it at least 8 weeks and hopefully you'll have better skin. These first few weeks will suck but hang in there!

I am halfway into week two (day 11). I keep hoping that my skin will get used to the BP but it still is pretty red since I've been putting more on. According to Dan's chart I know that I can expect the redness to go away during week three so I hope that is true. I went camping this weekend and it was both hard and good for me. First of all it was harder to find the time to do the regimen but I am happy to say that I did it! I also was with two friends that I don't see often so it was hard to be around them with my skin red and flaky but overall I was busy hiking and hanging out so I didn't have the time to pick at the dead flaky skin and stare at myself in the mirror and obsess over my face. I am happy to say that the outbreaks have gone down on one side of my face so it is good to see some minor improvement and I hope it continues!

Day 16. I am in week 3 and I am so happy that I made it to this point and that I haven't given up yet. Its been rough and difficult to go out in public because my skin has been so gross but it has gotten so much better in the last 4 days! I have slight redness still, and flakiness still but it is pretty minor compared to what it has been, and I would say that the redness diminishes about an hour or two after I go through the regimen. Also adding Jojoba oil to the moisturizer helps a lot with the flaky skin. No new zits in the last three days! Amazing considering the fact that I was getting anywhere between 1 and 5 a week ago. I am very surprised at the results and I was worried it wouldn't work because I have hormonal acne but it seems good. I hope the positive results continue!

I made it to week 4! This is day 22 of being on the regimen. So far, so good. This week I got the products that I ordered off this website and now I am using Dan's BP and I also ordered the AHA and am waiting to use it after this week is done. I like the gel BP because my skin looks less flaky and the other day when I had to job shadow for my college program, I was able to use a little concealer on a couple of really bad red spots. My acne is looking a lot better. This week I got three zits which is a HUGE difference because for awhile it was typical to get that many or more in one day. My skin is feeling soo much smoother and less irritated. I am however seeing a lot of the redness from the previous acne which still makes me self-conscious but I prefer the redness left over from acne then acne itself!

Day 29 of regimen, first day of week 5! Everything is going ok, I wish I could say it has been amazing but I am still getting some breakouts. This week I had 4 new ones form which is kinda frustrating but my skin is still greatly better off then it was 4 weeks ago. I did have a horribly stressful week studying for a midterm so that may have played a part in the acne formation. It is just so easy to get discouraged! Also I find that I have two spots that are raised and I keep getting acne forming there. They heal up, then remain slightly raised and then turn into a zit over and over again. I have a problem getting them to flatten and fully heal. I am starting to wonder if I need to exfoliate that area and I saw posts about the baby brush and I am considering that, but I really don't want to irritate my skin especially since I have been making progress! I do have the AHA an I put some on the area last night so for now I will continue just that and see how they do. Thats all for now!

hi,

i m on week 2(day 8), reading your log gave a lot of hope and will power to go all the way..

thank you for posting your log..

good luck to you.. i hope you keep posting..

hi,

i m on week 2(day 8), reading your log gave a lot of hope and will power to go all the way..

thank you for posting your log..

good luck to you.. i hope you keep posting..

thank-you, that really means a lot and I wish the best to you also!

It is now week six-wow! Its hard to believe that I have been following this regimen for the past five weeks. I am proud that I have continued and I am happy with the progress I have made- it has been worth the nasty redness and flaky skin. Right now my skin is 75 to 80% clearer then when I started and I pray that the clearing will continue. I was excited the other day because I had no active acne but then my skin burst out with three new spots to remind me that I still have acne! Aughh... it is frustrating and its hard to remember the progress that is being made. I never took any starting pictures and now I wish I had one to look back at, oh well. I tried to use AHA as spot treatment to the spots that I got but it did not seem to matter and they came up anyhow. I have used to AHA in place of Lotion a couple of nights and I've found that my flakiness is better. Today I didn't need to add Jojoba oil to my moisturizer! So that's the update, I wish things were a little better but what more can I do? At least progress is being made, I'll just continue on....

I am on day 2, good luck to you.

I dont have cystic acne, only a few spots and pores that are clogged on my nose and the side of my nose. My forehead... has a few very tiny pimples here and there and under the skin pimples and my chin has a pimple right now, a few under the skin pimples. If I touch the ones on my chin I think they might erupt. Lol, I want much clearer skin and HOPEFULLY this regimen will work. I want SPOTLESS skin.

GOOD LUCK TO US BOTH:)