Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stressed_teen

Did retin A work for you? I need answers =[

Hello everybody, I've been on Tretinoin Retino - A 0.05 % for about 4 weeks and havent noticed too much improvements. During those 4 weeks, I've had alot of devastating breakouts that even caused me to skip school. I feel miserable, ugly and depressed every time I look in the mirror. I dont go out anymore and I try to avoid everybody :cry:

Has Retin A ever helped anyone? If yes, how long did it take?

Do you recommend it?

Keep with it. You're probably experiencing the "initial breakout", which is just all the acne that was hidden under your skin. STICK WITH IT. Only a few more weeks and you'll see huge improvement! Keep with it at least 8 more weeks to see if you like it or not. After 12 weeks, you'll determine if it's working or not. Retin A is a fantastic product though.

Definitely stay with it. Took me a few months, but it did its job. My derm bumped up the strength so I could see more of an effect, though.

I am noticing minor improvements now. :angel: I still get breakouts but pimples that were on my forehead for months are vanishing finally! I use rubbing alcohol for a quick fix. It reduces the sizes of zits within a day! :) I can only use Retino A every 3rd night because it dries by skin which then forms ugly rashes

definitely stick with the retin-a.. you're doing the right thing by using it only every 2 or 3 nights when you feel your skin is getting irritated. after a few months you should be able to use it every other night if not every night.

the thing that worked best for me was a combination of using retin-a 1x a day and then a product like duac (w/ clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide) 1x a day. the retin-a exfoliates and gets the gunk out of your pores then the duac helps kill off any bacteria / prevent pimples from forming.

hope this helps! i have a log if you're interested in reading more. my skin isn't perfect but it's definitely doing a lot better than it was a few months ago. good luck!!

I agree, stick with it! I've been using it for a year and a half now and have updated my gallery to show pics as of today. I am clear. I get like one pimple a month now whereas before, my skin was pretty broken out all of the time. For the first time in a very very long time, I have been completely comfortable going out in public without makeup!

Hello,

i'm new here. i dont speak great english, but i can understand almost everything.

Well, since i was 14 (i'm 18 now) i have had acne, not too bad, just in my forehead, but there were little pimples and sometimes some inflamed ones.

So, i went to my derm and she told me to use stieva-a (tretinoin 0.05%) at night and PB + clindamycin in the morning, anf then apply sunblock. I also took limeciclina (like tetracycline) for 16 days. Since i started the regimen, i have had what you guys call an IB, but continuous. At week 5 i stopped for a week cause i was discourgaed, but after a week i started again. I'm in the 7th week and my acne is worst than when i started the treatment. I have been reading some comments saying that their IB lasted almost 7 weeks, so i was encouraged to continue. However, i've just called my derm and she told me that if i am still with bad acne is because my skin isnt reacting to tretinoin, and that this isnt the IB cause that should only last 2 weeks.

Basically i dont know what to do, Should i continue with the tretinoin and PB + clindamycin (basically based on the opinion of others that have gone through the same as i am) or should i stop as my derm says?

PLEASE HELP! i had a little acne, but after starting the treatment im afraid to go out of my house, im embarrased!!!!

I would appreciate if you could give me your opinion. Thanks.

Stick with it! You were in the initial breakout phase. I have been on mine for over two months and my skin has improved a lot.

Stick with it! You were in the initial breakout phase. I have been on mine for over two months and my skin has improved a lot.

I'm using tretinoin every night? is that ok? how long do i have to wait? it has already been 7 weeks and my forehead is worst than when i started... :(

Retin-a did not work for me. It made my face break out worse than it had ever looked before. I also had extremely shiny skin, yet it was constantly peeling off. I was using this during the winter, and the cold against my face felt like torture. I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror.

After stopping retin-a use (I used it every other day for 5 weeks) my face never returned to "normal," it just kept getting worse. I am currently finishing my 2nd month of accutane. My face is starting to look better, but I wish I had never used retin-a.

My advice is, if you haven't seen improvement yet, get out while you can.

It definitely ruined my skin and I used it two different times and each for 12 weeks plus. The thing with acne meds is they work for some people and not for others. You have to find what works for you. A minimum of 8 weeks is needed to see if your skin will respond well to the med, and 12 weeks is kind of the decision-making time if you want to continue or try something else. Give it another 4 weeks and then see where you're at. Your skin is definitely purging right now.

It definitely ruined my skin and I used it two different times and each for 12 weeks plus. The thing with acne meds is they work for some people and not for others. You have to find what works for you. A minimum of 8 weeks is needed to see if your skin will respond well to the med, and 12 weeks is kind of the decision-making time if you want to continue or try something else. Give it another 4 weeks and then see where you're at. Your skin is definitely purging right now.

im soooo nervous. i know i should stick with it a couple more weeks to see if it improves, but my derm has told me that i am not reacting well, tha the IB oonly should last a couple of weeks, so i dont know what to do!!! :( its so frustrating.

im wondering if maybe i stop the treatment i coul go back to normal with productos over-the-counter?