Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AI3forever

Look, all of us can remove our scars now.

Look we have acell that can regenerate a full thickness wound to skin that has fur( or hair in human case ).

All we have to do is get our hands on a non-denatured ecm. Get a surgeon who is willing to excise the scar and then apply the ecm on the wound. tada!

I honestly think everyone on this forum is over looking Acell. This really is the cure, and I've believed it for a while now. However, for some reason we all stick to stupid things like tca cross and dermarolling, when this Acell powder is it! My heart is telling me, this stuff is the real deal. We just have to find out what stage the company is in now, its 2011, is the product available now? FDA testing? What is going on!!!!!!!!

I honestly think everyone on this forum is over looking Acell. This really is the cure, and I've believed it for a while now. However, for some reason we all stick to stupid things like tca cross and dermarolling, when this Acell powder is it! My heart is telling me, this stuff is the real deal. We just have to find out what stage the company is in now, its 2011, is the product available now? FDA testing? What is going on!!!!!!!!

ACell on its own can't do the trick. Drs have been using it various ways but there have been no reports of scarless healing yet still they keep saying it provides scarless healing. It's just stupid. I mean if it doesn't do it why say that it does? Like this one doctor who said "The ACell is the scaffold or framework, the stem cells are the workers who are instructed by the surrounding normal tissue what to create and proteins etc. are the building blocks. So there's really nothing more to it than that. If you've got all of that you can create new skin. It's as simple as that.". Yet then later he says that "If anyone tells you something is scarless that's nonsense. There's no such thing as surgery that's scarless.". It's like make up your mind, you know? Aaargh.

Guest Timehealsall

what? So bsaically they don't know what the FCK they are doing?

That would be something if they were to say "Yeah, we're experimenting with it but we don't know what the fuck we're doing.". :lol:

That would be something if they were to say "Yeah, we're experimenting with it but we don't know what the fuck we're doing.". :lol:

:lol: some honesty in the skin biz?! we'd all love to see that

ACell on its own can't do the trick. Drs have been using it various ways but there have been no reports of scarless healing yet still they keep saying it provides scarless healing. It's just stupid. I mean if it doesn't do it why say that it does? Like this one doctor who said "The ACell is the scaffold or framework, the stem cells are the workers who are instructed by the surrounding normal tissue what to create and proteins etc. are the building blocks. So there's really nothing more to it than that. If you've got all of that you can create new skin. It's as simple as that.". Yet then later he says that "If anyone tells you something is scarless that's nonsense. There's no such thing as surgery that's scarless.". It's like make up your mind, you know? Aaargh.

The thing is, acell IS REGENERATING pretty much scarless native tissue. That is the point of the product. There are reports of scarless healing that contradict that doctors statement. Who was that doctor? The product is basically extracellular matrix, which is used in our bodies to tell tissue "you will be skin, you will be liver, you will be muscle." ECM is fascinating. It is a key signal which determines tissue type. If applied to a wound, there is no reason to believe that a scar would form, on the contrary native tissue from surrounding type should form!

I contacted the company about buying the product, and they basically told me to refer my doctor to their regional sales person. Um NO, I'm not working for you for free, if they want patients to make referrals, they need to pay us referral fees. After all, salesmen for bio companies make lots of money. Also the product is available for purchase online and on amazon. so that is stupid for them to tell me I need to refer my doctor to their salesperson.

Edited by sanjoseskin

The thing is, acell IS REGENERATING pretty much scarless native tissue. That is the point of the product. There are reports of scarless healing that contradict that doctors statement. Who was that doctor? The product is basically extracellular matrix, which is used in our bodies to tell tissue "you will be skin, you will be liver, you will be muscle." ECM is fascinating. It is a key signal which determines tissue type. If applied to a wound, there is no reason to believe that a scar would form, on the contrary native tissue from surrounding type should form!

I contacted the company about buying the product, and they basically told me to refer my doctor to their regional sales person. Um NO, I'm not working for you for free, if they want patients to make referrals, they need to pay us referral fees. After all, salesmen for bio companies make lots of money. Also the product is available for purchase online and on amazon. so that is stupid for them to tell me I need to refer my doctor to their salesperson.

There are reports of scarless healing? Really? Could you point them out? As that would be pretty big news in my book. But I think on paper ACell is indeed designed to do the trick but all I've heard so far is disappointing reports of people who ended up with something which was a slight improvement at best. :think:

The doc was Gary Hitzig. He means well I think but he contradicts himself on occasion. He claimed at one point that people can get their skin back in six weeks (people with facial scars) and then later he said that that particular approach he used at the time is now discarded as it doesn't have the right effect and now all of a sudden you can only get an "imperfect" yet "kind of satifying" result and then his friend Jerry Cooley comes along saying that ACell has limits and that there are only so many things it can correct and that you have to use silicone fillers along with the ACell to get a pleasing result which is of course an indication to me anyways that ACell doesn't do anything near scarless healing as when you have to use fillers to get a pleasing result then what the Hell kind of aesthetic improvement does ACell provide? And so forth and it's just all really confusing to me, I have to say. :wacko:

My god... if Acell can restore a freaking MISSING FINGERTIP im sure it can be very useful for acne scars check this out its insane...

Acell is definately something to look forward to in the future.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/09/09/pinky...dex.html?hpt=C2

You'd think that but recent experiments have shown that ACell on its own can only do so much. And what it can do is not enough for it to be a solution to our 'problems'.

Edited by Lapis lazuli

:lol: some honesty in the skin biz?! we'd all love to see that

:lol:

*WATCH VIDEO BELOW

@Lapis Lazulli

You seem to be mis-informed about acell.

First of all, the doctor and videos you presented are acell in use for hair restoration. Which is a relatively new avenue acell is expanding into. Where they pluck facial hair, soak it in acell, and then transplant it to your bald head. They are trying to regenerate hair follicles and hair growth, which again is a new avenue for the company, and you seem to be generalizing this new avenue to all uses of acell.

You seem to be totally unaware that acell is no longer in experimental stages or clinical trials. The product is FDA approved. It is being used in heart surgery to actually regenerate malfunctioning parts of the heart. It is being used for ulcers, open wounds, by plastic surgeons and vets for animal care, bone regeneration, and tissue regeneration.

The product is able to regenerate native tissue with minimal scar formation, a statement the company makes, and a statement the FDA would never allow if it wasn't true.

I know in my heart this is the answer for acne scars, imagine doing subcision and injecting a fluid suspension of this into the scar. Or abrading the scar via dermabrasion and applying a layer of this over the abraded area. That really would work. I even read one article where they are considering injecting this along with Juvederm, to regenerate your own skin and permanently fill in wrinkles.

The product can regenerate bone, muscle, skin and almost any other type of tissue. The technology is even being studied right now to regenerate complete organs.

This isn't science fiction, this is available now at doctors office, it's 2011!

Acell is sold as Matristem Sheets or Matristem MicroMatrix powder.

IF ITS GOOD ENOUGH TO REGROW A FINGER, AND GOOD ENOUGH TO REGROW HEART TISSUE, THEN IT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ACNE SCARS! WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW. THE EXTRA-CELLULAR MATRIX OR ECM PRODUCT IN THE VIDEO IS ACELLS MATRISTEM SHEETS.

http://youtu.be/NQf8lX-E9dc

Edited by sanjoseskin

hey guys,

this is the most recent news on stem cell, where they use the stem spay to heal scars caused by acne and burning. though this technique was previously designed to heal burn scars.

they say that it is s most effective in those patients where only the upper layers of skin are damaged.(acne scar?)

and the effects are "able to heal properly, leaving them with no traces of the previous affliction."

and"with scars "virtually" gone within a year. "

this is the source

h t t p : / / news.scotsman.com/health/Scifi-brought-to-life-as.6757797.j p

just leave out the spaces

you guys might want to check this out.

Guest Timehealsall
*WATCH VIDEO BELOW

@Lapis Lazulli

First of all, the doctor and videos you presented are acell in use for hair restoration. Which is a relatively new avenue acell is expanding into. Where they pluck facial hair, soak it in acell, and then transplant it to your bald head. They are trying to regenerate hair follicles and hair growth, which again is a new avenue for the company, and you seem to be generalizing this new avenue to all uses of acell.

You seem to be totally unaware that acell is no longer in experimental stages or clinical trials. The product is FDA approved. It is being used in heart surgery to actually regenerate malfunctioning parts of the heart. It is being used for ulcers, open wounds, by plastic surgeons and vets for animal care, bone regeneration, and tissue regeneration.

The product is able to regenerate native tissue with minimal scar formation, a statement the company makes, and a statement the FDA would never allow if it wasn't true.

I know in my heart this is the answer for acne scars, imagine doing subcision and injecting a fluid suspension of this into the scar. Or abrading the scar via dermabrasion and applying a layer of this over the abraded area. That really would work. I even read one article where they are considering injecting this along with Juvederm, to regenerate your own skin and permanently fill in wrinkles.

The product can regenerate bone, muscle, skin and almost any other type of tissue. The technology is even being studied right now to regenerate complete organs.

IF ITS GOOD ENOUGH TO REGROW A FINGER, AND GOOD ENOUGH TO REGROW HEART TISSUE, THEN IT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ACNE SCARS! WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW. THE EXTRA-CELLULAR MATRIX OR ECM PRODUCT IN THE VIDEO IS ACELLS MATRISTEM SHEETS.

this is kind of random... but all of these surgeons always have clear ass skin..

Anyways, would this work on minor imperfection/indents?

Dermabrasion doesn't reach the connective tissue of the dermis and the epithelial cells won't benefit from an ECM. Subcision + acell injection is a good idea though.

Much of its application in practice has been in hair restoration, but not only in the plucking technique you described above. It's also been tested to heal up donor scars both in strip and FUE procedures, and I've never heard any accounts of scarless healing in those applications (although this post definitely is intriguing: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showpost.php?...p;postcount=315 ).

Dermabrasion doesn't reach the connective tissue of the dermis and the epithelial cells won't benefit from an ECM. Subcision + acell injection is a good idea though.

Much of its application in practice has been in hair restoration, but not only in the plucking technique you described above. It's also been tested to heal up donor scars both in strip and FUE procedures, and I've never heard any accounts of scarless healing in those applications (although this post definitely is intriguing: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showpost.php?...p;postcount=315 ).

Why would you have to reach connective tissue of the dermis for ECM to work?

Do you know what ECM is?

Edited by sanjoseskin

*WATCH VIDEO BELOW

@Lapis Lazulli

this is kind of random... but all of these surgeons always have clear ass skin..

Anyways, would this work on minor imperfection/indents?

I don't think you can just put it on top of your skin and hope the scars go away. You probably have to cut the scar out, abrade the the scar, or undermine the scar and inject this stuff. Then new native tissue could possibly grow in.

Do you know what ECM is?

Because atrophic scars are just a loss of connective tissue. The ECM could, theoretically, provide the scaffold in which new connective tissue can form.

The way in which dermabrasion is thought of to work is basically to coax the skin into remodeling by causing minor wounding. However, since the wounding won't reach the reticular dermis, where the atrophy is likely to be, adding an ECM on top of the wound won't have much of an effect imo.

Do you know what ECM is?

Because atrophic scars are just a loss of connective tissue. The ECM could, theoretically, provide the scaffold in which new connective tissue can form.

The way in which dermabrasion is thought of to work is basically to coax the skin into remodeling by causing minor wounding. However, since the wounding won't reach the reticular dermis, where the atrophy is likely to be, adding an ECM on top of the wound won't have much of an effect imo.

I respectfully disagree.

Dermabrasion isn't minor wounding, you can inflict wounds onto the papillary dermis and if you combine that with a safe phenol type peel (exoderm) on top of the dermabrasion or alone, you can actually reach the upper reticular dermis safely without causing additional scarring.

In my opinion, I still do think that a deep yet safe dermabrasion or exoderm type peel, along with ECM treatment during recovery could help with native tissue regeneration.

Edited by sanjoseskin

Do you know what ECM is?

I respectfully disagree.

Dermabrasion isn't minor wounding, you can inflict wounds onto the papillary dermis and if you combine that with a safe phenol type peel (exoderm) on top of the dermabrasion or alone, you can actually reach the upper reticular dermis safely without causing additional scarring.

In my opinion, I still do think that a deep yet safe dermabrasion or exoderm type peel, along with ECM treatment during recovery could help with native tissue regeneration.

Okay :) I might be wrong, but it feels logical that the atrophy is centered in the reticular dermis, since that would be in line with the sebaceous glands. I guess trying it out is the only way to go here ;) Either way, you may have a point in applying an ECM after dermabrasion to reduce the risk of scarring and to promote collagen growth through the growth factors supplied in the ECM.