Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kizza

pimple on scar

after gettin a cyst pimple and (POPPING IT) i know i shouldnt have but neways....i scarred-obviously and after a few days another pimple grew in exactly the same place...so now im thinking...is it ever going to get time to heal? whats the deal with this? :think:

This happened with me, too, and caused the scarring to be considerably deeper. The formation of new pimples on scars suggests you are not keeping the wound free of bacteria and it has become infected. Try to keep the wound sterile by using effective antibacterial agents. I've found natural antiseptics such as manuka and tea tree oils and manuka honey to be more effective than over-the-counter antiseptics such as savlon and sudocrem. Once the infection is under control, your scar should begin to heal.

smile.gif

Yeah, it has happened to me a few times. I haven't found that it has made the scars any deeper. But that was probably because they were mild and wouldn't scar at all. I would recommend treating it like any other pimple and not look past it.