Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sweating is supposing good for preventing acne since it clear out the toxins inside the pores. People who experience acne from sweating is because they allow the sweat to dry out into their pores and this is when acne start appearing. The best way would be to take a shower after you work out.

I sweat a lot at night, so i dont get a chance to wipe it off, do you think this could cause acne?

I've heard constantly about how sweat makes acne worse. I don't believe that. I have sweat before during workouts and such...and not once did it result in acne. I believe the only time it can cause skin problems, is if you keep rubbing the sweat off with your hands.

I've heard constantly about how sweat makes acne worse. I don't believe that. I have sweat before during workouts and such...and not once did it result in acne. I believe the only time it can cause skin problems, is if you keep rubbing the sweat off with your hands.

Usually when I'm exercising, and I get sweaty I notice that it really helps with my skin. I guess, because it's getting all those toxins out.Sweat flows through your skin glands it "flushes" out dirt, bacteria and dead skin cells. In that way it keeps your skin pores open and fresh.

Edited by Realme2008

I agree.. it only becomes an issue if you touch your face regularly to wipe the sweat off. Keep a clean face towel at hand when exercising instead and don't wear too many products during the day or mattifying products which could block your pores.. stuff kept inside could cause breakouts.