Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NotTooLate

Help with burns and moisturizers!

so, I am on accutane, and my face has been fairly dry. I was using Olay Complete moisturizer with spf 15 on my face, because it's light and not greasy. However, it wasn't really taking care of the flakes on my face. I decided to get some cetaphil, because I heard it was a good brand. I had also used a cetaphil moisturizer sample that I got from my dermatologist in the past, back before the label changed.

I got the cetaphil spf 15 facial moisturizer, but when I put it on my face, it began to burn like hell, so I quickly washed it off and didn't use it. Just this morning, I noticed that the place I put it on looks tight and shiny, slightly red, cracked, and the dark hairs on my face are now shiny and white. I think it burnt me!

Any suggestions on whether this is a burn or not, and what I should do? I heard aloe vera is good for burns, but I also heard that it is very drying, and I don't need to dry my skin out any more.