Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stevie4411

My Accutane Log (PICTURESSS)

Tomorrow is the BIG dayyyy! I can't wait :) I am 22 years old and have been struggling with acne for 11 years. (ugh) I have tried everything from birth control pills, to diets, over the counter medications and just about every Rx med...

I know there are many of you out there that suffer from worse acne... My acne has made me feel insecure half of my life, has caused MANY emotional days & has some how taken over my daily life. So this is a HUGE step for me that will hopefully make me feel confident and pretty for a change.

I am starting my 5-month journey with accutane tomorrow and want to share my experience with you. I will post pics and probably vent over any side effects but, most importantly, I want to document my progress while on Accutane.

I'm not positive that this will work, but I can only wish for the very Best (Fingers Crossed)...

xo- S

post-106018-1245670515_thumb.jpg

post-106018-1245670526_thumb.jpg

post-106018-1245670534_thumb.jpg

post-106018-1245670545_thumb.jpg

post-106018-1245670551_thumb.jpg

post-106018-1245670560_thumb.jpg

post-106018-1245670515_thumb.jpg

post-106018-1245670526_thumb.jpg

post-106018-1245670534_thumb.jpg

post-106018-1245670545_thumb.jpg

post-106018-1245670551_thumb.jpg

post-106018-1245670560_thumb.jpg

Hey stevie4411,

According to my dermatologist 75% of the patients who take Accutane are completely clear within 6 months. I am currently on 100mg and I am 2 and a half months in my treatment. I have seen some great results so I don't know why it wouldn't work for you. The first month is always the hardest so keep your head up. The best advice I can give you is to start wearing chapstick and moisturizer now. Don't wait until you lips are chapped or your face is dry.

Good luck with everything and I'll keep an eye out for your log. :)

-Pedro

Hey stevie4411,

According to my dermatologist 75% of the patients who take Accutane are completely clear within 6 months. I am currently on 100mg and I am 2 and a half months in my treatment. I have seen some great results so I don't know why it wouldn't work for you. The first month is always the hardest so keep your head up. The best advice I can give you is to start wearing chapstick and moisturizer now. Don't wait until you lips are chapped or your face is dry.

-Pedro

Hi Pedro

Thanks for your advice! I started my first dose of 40mg today. Next month will be 60mg. I really hope month 1 wont be too bad :( I am going take your advice on moisturizing my face & lips NOW... :) Good luck to you toooo..

-S

Hello everyome!

Today is my first day on accutane!!! I'm actuallly taking the generic Amnesteem, since I have NO insurance...

Im starting off with 40mg for the first month & then up to 60mg. I'm praying that this journey will lead me to CLEAR skin.. :pray:

Wish me LUCKKKK! evryone & best of Luck to all of you out there on your road to clear skin :c)

post-106018-1245737098_thumb.jpg

post-106018-1245737107_thumb.jpg

post-106018-1245737098_thumb.jpg

post-106018-1245737107_thumb.jpg

You and I started on the same day! On the same dose!

Yayyy! I'll definitely keep checking in to see if your treatment is going well.

Good luck! Drink your later and wear your sunscreen (:

You and I started on the same day! On the same dose!

Yayyy! I'll definitely keep checking in to see if your treatment is going well.

Good luck! Drink your later and wear your sunscreen (:

Yayyy! I’m so excited for you! It’s so tough having to deal with acne. I'll keep up with your posts as well. I’m on Yaz & taking 1000mg Flax Seed Oil & Vitamin E just like youuuu… As well as 2000mg of Omega-3 Fish Oil. <3

I have a question about your regimen:

You wash with Neutrogena Deep Cream Cleanser. My Derm told me that Neutrogena would eventually become too harsh for my skin. & that the best wash to use while on Accutane is Cetaphil, or a wash similar to it. Did your Derm recommend Neutrogena to you??

xoxo -S

Day 2!

Symptoms:

None yetttt...

I'll keep you all posted!

Stephanie

Morning Regimen:

Wash Face w/ Cetaphil

Neutrogena SPF 75

Moisturize w/ Origins Plantidote Mega Mushroom Face Serum (LOVEEEEE IT)

1000mg Fax seed Oil

2000mg Omega-3 Fish Oil

Vitamin E

Nightly Regimen:

Wash Face w/ Cetaphil

Moisturize w/ CeraVe

40mg Accutane

Yaz

Day 3!

Symptoms:

None yetttt!!! (:

Stephanie

Morning Regimen:

Wash Face w/ Cetaphil

Neutrogena SPF 75

1000mg Fax seed Oil

2000mg Omega-3 Fish Oil

Vitamin E

Nightly Regimen:

Wash Face w/ Cetaphil

Moisturize w/ CeraVe

40mg Accutane

Yaz

Do you want to make this into a log so that you can keep track of your progress during your course? If you do, let me know, and I'll move it to the Accutane Logs section.

Do you want to make this into a log so that you can keep track of your progress during your course? If you do, let me know, and I'll move it to the Accutane Logs section.

yes please help!

Okay, I've moved it to the Accutane Logs board. If you ever need help figuring out where to post something, there are little blurbs under all the board titles on the main message boards page. Just read those, and you'll be able to figure out where to post. ; )

[EDIT] I just realized that you've been starting a new thread for each log update. Please use the "Add Reply" button at the bottom of this thread to update your log. Don't use the "New Post" button, as that starts an entirely new thread. The point of a log is to keep track on your progress in one thread (this one). ; )

I've merged all your log updates into this thread, so this is your one and only log from now on.

Okay, I've moved it to the Accutane Logs board. If you ever need help figuring out where to post something, there are little blurbs under all the board titles on the main message boards page. Just read those, and you'll be able to figure out where to post. ; )

[EDIT] I just realized that you've been starting a new thread for each log update. Please use the "Add Reply" button at the bottom of this thread to update your log. Don't use the "New Post" button, as that starts an entirely new thread. The point of a log is to keep track on your progress in one thread (this one). ; )

Thank you so much! I was so confused :c)

Thank you so much! I was so confused :c)

Haha, it's okay. It can take a little while to get the hang of the boards. You'll get there. ; )

Hey stevie4411,

-Pedro

Hey Pedro!

I have a question... What side affects did you face the first month on Accutane? Did your mood change at all?

-S

You wash with Neutrogena Deep Cream Cleanser. My Derm told me that Neutrogena would eventually become too harsh for my skin. & that the best wash to use while on Accutane is Cetaphil, or a wash similar to it. Did your Derm recommend Neutrogena to you??

Well, I have always used DCCC because it keeps my skin hydrated and is pretty gentle. My derm said that I should have a more gentle face wash on hand (I bought Cetaphil) for when I think the DCCC is too rough.

I'm happy you have had any symptoms yet! And it's nice to know that you and I are on the same boat! (:

Well, I have always used DCCC because it keeps my skin hydrated and is pretty gentle. My derm said that I should have a more gentle face wash on hand (I bought Cetaphil) for when I think the DCCC is too rough.

I'm happy you have had any symptoms yet! And it's nice to know that you and I are on the same boat! (:

Ummm.. No symptoms yet! Thank goodness. Except this morning I woke up really thirsty and my throat was dry. I've been a lot more thirsty today than I normally am.. But I don't see that as bad, I'm really happy too. Just to think we will have clear skin in a few moths!!! (:

There is a really good face wash from origins that I love!! I tried a sample & it made my skin feel soooo soft, removed all of my makeup, and was super gentle. I'm going to go out & buy it today. I posted a link for you.. I use cetaphil, but I don't really like it. Its gentle, but I don't feel it takes off makeup well.

http://www.origins.com/templates/products/...CT_ID=PROD10311

xo-S

Morning Regimen:

Wash Face w/ Cetaphil

Neutrogena SPF 60

1000mg Fax seed Oil

2000mg Omega-3 Fish Oil

Vitamin E

Nightly Regimen:

Wash Face w/ Cetaphil

Moisturize w/ CeraVe

40mg Accutane

Yaz

It's Day 4!!

Symptoms:

I woke up with my throat feeling a bit dry & really thirsty. A lot more thirsty thru out the day than normal. but no bothered symptoms yet.

Stephanie

Morning Regimen:

Wash Face w/ Cetaphil

Neutrogena SPF 75

1000mg Fax seed Oil

2000mg Omega-3 Fish Oil

Vitamin E

Nightly Regimen:

Wash Face w/ Cetaphil

Moisturize w/ CeraVe

40mg Accutane

Yaz

Ummm.. No symptoms yet! Thank goodness. Except this morning I woke up really thirsty and my throat was dry. I've been a lot more thirsty today than I normally am.. But I don't see that as bad, I'm really happy too. Just to think we will have clear skin in a few moths!!! (:

There is a really good face wash from origins that I love!! I tried a sample & it made my skin feel soooo soft, removed all of my makeup, and was super gentle. I'm going to go out & buy it today. I posted a link for you.. I use cetaphil, but I don't really like it. Its gentle, but I don't feel it takes off makeup well.

xo-S

Sorry, I forgot to add a haven't. Oops! (: I'm thirstier than usual too! Are you drinking a ton of water? I was about to go down to sephora to buy a bright eyeshadow that I can wear when my skin is done being yucky and there's an origins right by there, so I'll check that out.

I totally agree - Cetaphil isn't the best at removing makeup. I've found that if you kind of 'pretend wash' with water first, it kind of loosens up the makeup and helps.

GL darling (:

xo-S

Sorry, I forgot to add a haven't. Oops! (: I'm thirstier than usual too! Are you drinking a ton of water? I was about to go down to sephora to buy a bright eyeshadow that I can wear when my skin is done being yucky and there's an origins right by there, so I'll check that out.

I totally agree - Cetaphil isn't the best at removing makeup. I've found that if you kind of 'pretend wash' with water first, it kind of loosens up the makeup and helps.

GL darling (:

Have fun shopping. I luv sephora! I currently use the Serum that goes with the was from Dr. Weils for Origins. You can try it out there at the store. Its amazing! But expensive. ($110)

I'm drinking 1/2 to 1 gallon a day. Depending.

I do "pretend" wash my face first. LOL

GL to you too <3

Hey Steph. That's so funny you haven't had any side effects besides being more thirsty. I'm just short of two weeks and I'm doing 40 mg of Amnesteem and have had tons of side effects. Nosebleeds, fatigue, back pain, dry skin, super dry lips, flushing of the face. I had side effects on my first day lol.

As far as an IB I just started yesterday, but some people don't have one. I think it's safe to expect one so you can be pleasantly surprised.

I'll be checking in on you! And by the way, you look just like Christina Ricci!

Hey Steph. That's so funny you haven't had any side effects besides being more thirsty. I'm just short of two weeks and I'm doing 40 mg of Amnesteem and have had tons of side effects. Nosebleeds, fatigue, back pain, dry skin, super dry lips, flushing of the face. I had side effects on my first day lol.

As far as an IB I just started yesterday, but some people don't have one. I think it's safe to expect one so you can be pleasantly surprised.

Hey (:

I'm so sorry to hear that you have had so many side affects. That really sucks.Today is Day 5!!! I'm so excited. I'm also taking 40mg of Amnesteem.

Today After I moisturized my face I left the house and my cheeks became really red. But it only lasted a few hours. (weird). No dry lips, but I've always been on top of moisturizing my lips so there extremely soft. I apply chap-stick about 7 times a day. I'm sure they will dry up eventually. You should put your SPF on your lips daily. It will definitely help.

One thing I realized today was that I was EASILY annoyed & really impatient. I'm not sure if thats a side affect or its just meee! (hehe).

I'm NOT looking forward to any of these side affects. I wouldn't be surprised if I start getting nose bleeds because I've always gotten them growing up.

Oh & this might sound dumb but what is an IB? LOL

Best of luck to you. I will be following up on your posts. Glad that I've met a few people in the same boat.

xo-S

Oh wait!... I know what IB stands for. LOL. I just haven't used it in that term before. You can just ignore that part in my reply!(: (: (: (I feel really stupiddd..)

Day 5 on Accutane!!!

Symptoms:

I woke up AGAIN with my throat feeling a bit dry & really thirsty. A lot more thirsty thru out the day than normal. Also, today my cheeks became a bit red. It lasted for only a few hours. Kinda weird. I'm thinking it might have been the Moisturizer CreVe that irritated my skin. I know its made for sensitive skin, but almost immediately after applying it my skin became irritated.

Also, I was easily annoyed & impatient today. I'm not sure if that was the Accutane or just crazy meee. LOL.

xo-Steph

I didn't realize that we started just a day apart! I was really easily annoyed and pissy yesterday, and this morning too actually... not sure if it's related or not. And I've had the thirst since hours after taking my first dose! Pedro's idea about starting the moisturizing before is a great idea I think. I started about a week prior, but mostly just so I could see if the new products were gonna break me out.

Well anyway, it will be cool to see how someone else is doing at the same pace I am. This site is a lifesaver!

Hello again miss stevie!

So I'm having basically the same symptoms as you... the dry throat is so annoying! I tried some cough drops and it didn't help at all. To be honest I don't even think drinking water helps that much. What are you doing to help it?

And I can't believe CerVe irritated you skin! I used to have seriously damaged, peeling, burned skin and CeraVe was the only thing that helped it. Buy hey, everyone's skin is different. (:

I'm happy that you haven't experience anything bad yet!

Still crossing my fingers for you (: