Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
na1ddo

Identifying scars, if even scars.

Hello all, my name is Don, and I'm new to the forums. I've been using the Acne.org products for quite awhile, and it has been showing noticeable results to the other products I've used. From time to time I search around the Scar forums for different ideas of what type of scars I have, if they are even scars. It all seems to be centers around my nose area, and from what I've read is one of the harder places to try and alleviate.

I have two pictures of my nose, one from the left, the other from the right. The "scars" have been there for quite awhile, probably more than 6 months. I've become frustrated and now I just want to figure out what they are, and what is the best action taken to reduce the appearance.

post-105967-1245612739_thumb.jpg

post-105967-1245612753_thumb.jpg

Thank you, and sorry for the phone pictures. I lost my camera ;(

Don

post-105967-1245612739_thumb.jpg

post-105967-1245612753_thumb.jpg

I'm in the same boat as you. I havent looked into any laser procedures out of fear but I may just get a consultation.

I've been using scar reducing patches (silicone things) and at first seemed to work quite well. But after a month of continuously using the patches the scars appear to have become visible again. I think my whole skin texture was changed after taking accutane and may be the probable cause of my scarring.

life is grand..

It looks exactly like what I have. A derm won't even know what they are. You will get a different answer from each.

It sucks.

It's really odd that I am seeing more and more of these. I used to be the only one. I have had mine for 10 years. Accutane doesn't get rid of them. I don't think they're scars. If they were sebaceous hyperplasia, accutane would get rid of them.

My theory: It's a mutant strain of acne. Acne has mutated like every other disease that has been overtreated with antibiotics.

I don't know what to tell you to do....I've been looking for a cure for years.

I was seriously considering getting them lasered off, but now I am too scared.

PLEASE let me know if you get rid of them, and how. Plenty of us on here need to know.

Bump!

My nose bumps have been looking better the past two days!!!! I have to REALLY look to seee them, and even then, I can't really see them! I don't know why, unless it's the 'tane. I was doing the aspirin mask for a few weeks too, but I've done that in years past. The only other thing is that I switched to mineral makeup. But I've used that in years past.... :think:

Something that may be related: I notice my nose and chin are tingling a little.

I have no way of knowing if this will last. I hope it does.

My chin bumps *might* look a little better, too. I've been OCD looking at them, and if they look better, it's a little. Maybe they will go away next! I am not holding my breath on that one, though.

I just wanted to update. I would say I would keep updating, but I may be leaving this site for good, because of some site BS.

I was gonna make a new thread but you got the exact same thing I do and in the same area too.

I hardly get any pimples, but when I do theyre these huge monstrosities that always end up around my nose. I wont pick at them but they'll get so sensitive that Ill just be drying my face and they'll burst open gushing out blood(some exaggeration)

Then I get these bumps that dont feel like they have any puss and them, and they arent hard either. And so far theyve been there for months maybe years.

I saw this site that outlines some of the different scar gels out there. But with one word descriptions Im not sure how accurate their reviews are. I cant use links yet but at the top of the list is Medscar and Dermatix, silicone based gels.

Im also gonna try bio oil and glycolic acid lotion but has anyone on this site been able to get rid of these?

I think Ill try an aspirin mask too after seeing the above post.

I've had those same bumps for over 4 years now! They used to be cysts as well. I've tried using tazorac, glycolic peels, bio oil, mederma with no improvement whatsoever. I did a TCA peel yesterday and though I haven't peeled, the bumps look slightly flatter. I may try a stronger percentage next.