Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
billabong88

Minor breakouts after accutane...

I am a twenty one year old male and I have been off Accutane for a good year now. My regimen consists of washing my face twice a week with Cetaphil mild cleanser. I just starting to noticeably breakout and I was wondering if any of your guys can help me out with recommendations for a stronger face wash that can possibly reduce breakouts. I really dislike the idea of putting bp on my face because I know my acne is just hormonal now. Anything can help and I would love to hear some input. Thanks!

I am a twenty one year old male and I have been off Accutane for a good year now. My regimen consists of washing my face twice a week with Cetaphil mild cleanser. I just starting to noticeably breakout and I was wondering if any of your guys can help me out with recommendations for a stronger face wash that can possibly reduce breakouts. I really dislike the idea of putting bp on my face because I know my acne is just hormonal now. Anything can help and I would love to hear some input. Thanks!

Daaamn...how long does this hormonal thing last? I've been off accutane for almost 2 years now. i had kind of severe acne.. but now i am good.. i get pimples now and then but it's fine.. The worst part is that i have a SUPER oily T-zone. Just the t-zone, my cheeks are ok...normal/dry. I went to the dermatologist several months ago because i wanted to do something about my oiliness on t-zone. But he said not to use any products..i'm a teenager and it's just the age..the hormonal thing, i can't do nothing. But I'm 19! .. when will those hormones calm down? I thought that around 18-19? Cause my t-zone is driving me nuts. And using any product will do no good for sure. I don't want to ever use anything on my face! I just want something super mild, no alcohol, no stupid chemicals, that won't dry..so i can wipe and clean/refresh my t-zone during the day.. without making those sebacee glands go grazy. Any suggests?

But anyways...how long does this last?! U say u are 21 and u are hormonal now.. omg.. i can't wait that long :D

Yea I mean hormonal acne really doesn't bother me cause a few red bumps on my face is no big deal. Man I had the same problem having horrible breakouts while being 19 and it is no fun. I guess accutance but a stop to that but I really don't know where to go from here. I think hormonal acne is different for everyone mine just happens to be consistent yet mild especially when I shave. Good luck and just stay positive. Also try and get sun that seems to help me dramatically!

Yea I mean hormonal acne really doesn't bother me cause a few red bumps on my face is no big deal. Man I had the same problem having horrible breakouts while being 19 and it is no fun. I guess accutance but a stop to that but I really don't know where to go from here. I think hormonal acne is different for everyone mine just happens to be consistent yet mild especially when I shave. Good luck and just stay positive. Also try and get sun that seems to help me dramatically!

I have some zits on my forehead and chin..but they are no big deal too..i'm just waiting for them to cure by themselves, not using ANY product! I don't have breakouts that much anymore.. for example these last 3-4 weeks..i only got 2-3 new pimples..and i'm pretty sure it's because my stupid t-zone. It's super oily..and for the last month or so..although i have oily skin at t-zone, i am cleaning my face only twice a day. just washing with water. Man this was hard..and it's still hard.. it's like..quitting smoking, or drugs. A long period of time u will be going CRAZY without them, and after that your organism will adjust to live without them. And most of them people don't manage to stay like that. Well, that's exactly the same what is going with my face right now. I realized that i was washing too often, and using diferent products..so now i guess the skin tries with full power to adjust itself. Damn it is so hard...cause it's getting so itchy some times.

So, if I, who used some lotions, but not on the whole face, just some parts, and washed too much..but only doing this for ..i don't know..1 year i guess... THEN for those who are past 20 years old...and still using hundreds of products, creams, lotions, chemicals...for SO MANY years..being completly addicted to that...geez...i feel so sorry for them. In my opinion it is impossible for them to quit now on using anything because their face will become a disaster.

I agree one hundred percent...I am so glad I put none of that stuff on my face anymore because I know I will grow out of it. I am lucky because my parents didn't have that bad of acne so I know when I come of age whenever that may be I will definitely grow out of it. I only place that I get noticeable zits is from the moth down and it gets annoying because I want to put some stuff there to help stop and speed up the healing but I refuse too. I too only wash my face twice a day but with the lightest cleanser ever. I know we will get through it man, lets just stay positive and live life to the fullest despite our complexion.