Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlexAlmighty

The facts of acne (part 3)

Acne and location...i guess a majority of you have acne on the cheeks..lower back,upperback..chest..nothing new here..

But let me ask you something..how many of you have acne on their forearms,legs,ass,pubic area,sideburns? not so many eh?

Why not there?This idea came to me when i saw a perfectly clear skinned friend of mine with moderate acne on his FOREARM...i was like wtf? what happened to your arm..he told me he went to an aesthician and taped the hair on his forearm.Alot of you will say theyre ingrown hair..but come on like his whole forearm covered in zits? this guy also has a full grown beard that shaves lightly (leaving 1/5 of the hair(in length not quantity)).I got interested by this and started watching the locations of acne on my classmates/schoolmates..sure enough noone got acne where hair was/is..as soon as my exams finish im not shaving again until september..if thats what it takes to clear me 100%.Do not close shave! you may have some temporary shine/better texture but be assured that breakouts will follow

Very interesting point about the hair and close shaving. I went to my Dr a few weeks ago and he told me that I had Folliculitus, or inflamation of the hair follicles on my face. He told me to cut back on shaving, and when I do, use a single blade disposable razor (not these triple or quadurple blade things you see now!) and throw it out after one use. Also, shave the area under the nose last because bacteria may be spreading from the nose area onto other parts of the face.

I think a lot of my acne came from shaving the hairs on my face TOO close, and getting inflamed/ingrown hair.

That's why you should ALWAYS shave with the grain. Not against it.

P.S. Alex...of all the places you mentioned that most people don't get breakouts...I used to get them all the time.

well i had acne before i started needing to shave, and still have it now.

in my experiance, not shaving helps, but only because it hides the acne!

some people suffer breakouts after shaving, but genrealy this is becuase they are not shaving correctly.

my acne is definitely caused by shaving!!! if you are going to shave, make sure you shave down the skin and not up.....i agree with the disposable razor thing aswell, one use and throw away...also make sure that your hair is soft by wetting with warm water and cream, also cleanse the skin after you shave to prevent any infections, and try and stop touching ur skin with yor fingers

i recently bought a razor dubbed the "bump fighter" it was the last one in the store and i figured id give it a shot, it doesnt give the greatest/closest shave, but afterwards my skin isnt all red/irrated like it used to get after a shave. Its a single blade razor that has some sort of plastic guard that doesnt allow the blade to actualy touch the skin, but keep it a tiny bit above it.

Edit:

well... i found the manufacturers website if anybody is interested

http://www.asrco.com/products/bump_fighter.htm