Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtt85

Side Effects at 20 mg?

I've read all the Accutane horror stories, and I want to know: Has anyone here experienced long-lasting or permanent side effects at a low dosage, say 20 mg/day?

less side effects, less impact on your liver

Has anyone experienced long-lasting side effects on 20 mg? That is my main concern. I don't mind temporary dryness, etc. but I am afraid of permanent side effects of Accutane that I hear so much about.

I had 20mg before and dryness atually for me was not noticeable just do a deep moisterizer at night and you'll be fine but at the dosage i still experieced minor hair shedding hope this helps but the shedding stopped after 2-3 months post tane

At the time, my derm told me that hair loss wouldn't be one of the side effects at such a low dosage, I took 10 MG for 2-3 weeks before my acne cleared up. At which time I noticed the thinning in patches (sides mainly) and threw the remaining packet in the garbage.

No one in my family including my father and grandfather (both sides) are bald. I guess I'll be the first bald one, the one med I regret ever taking.

i experienced some rash at the back of my knees, which is mild as long as i didnt scratch..

but i scratched the back of my left knee, and now there is a big keloid scar there.. Thank God it is at the back of my knee which no one ever sees..

Slight dry skin, dry lips and fatigue. After 1 or 2 months they somehow disappear and I didn't have any side effects after that.