Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RonP

Digestion and Acne connection established. Now, what products / diets to try?

Recently i've been drinking a post-working drink that gives me the runs for about 2 hours after my workout. It was only until recently that I realized it was, in fact, the supplement. During this time, however, I've also come to realize that my skin's been looking better and better, leading me to believe that my digestive system is at fault, or at least some sort of processing mechanism. I've heard of liver flushes, but have always dismissed those as bunk. I've tried just about everything natural, as you can see i've been on these boards for about two years. Nothing has really worked, which again, leads me to believe it could be some sort of digestion issue. So, being that I now can target this, are there supplements or any leads as to how I can "fix" this issue? One solution is just to tolerate the runs and have my skin reap the benefits. Thanks in advance to whoever can lend a helping hand - Ron.

Recently i've been drinking a post-working drink that gives me the runs for about 2 hours after my workout. It was only until recently that I realized it was, in fact, the supplement. During this time, however, I've also come to realize that my skin's been looking better and better, leading me to believe that my digestive system is at fault, or at least some sort of processing mechanism. I've heard of liver flushes, but have always dismissed those as bunk. I've tried just about everything natural, as you can see i've been on these boards for about two years. Nothing has really worked, which again, leads me to believe it could be some sort of digestion issue. So, being that I now can target this, are there supplements or any leads as to how I can "fix" this issue? One solution is just to tolerate the runs and have my skin reap the benefits. Thanks in advance to whoever can lend a helping hand - Ron.

Im going low fat. You should try it with me. I have done high fat for 9 months with improved skin, but it has become worse after a long time now and I have become super sensitive to any amount of carbs.

Less sugary, refined carb and hydrogenated/trans fat filled processed foods and drinks and more real, nutrient dense foods.

What you want is an anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements that doesn't include foods you can't digest.

For digestion specifically, you should try avoiding things that people commonly lack the enzymes to digest such as dairy, gluten, most grains, legumes. However, in the case of legumes and grains, that can be solved by properly soaking them before cooking. Canned beans are rarely soaked. Most are pressure cooked.

And there are things you can do to improve digestion. Not binge eating, chewing food well, stimulating digestive acids, probiotics, more.

I've finally found my cure:

Regular Fiber One cereal in the morning and night. The key is really any INSOLUBLE Fiber (Fiber oine has the most i've seen at 14 grams per serving). I have one big bowl in the morning and one big one before I go to bed (probably totoals about 25-30 grams total of insoluble).

Fiber One does contain aspartame, so for that i've ordered a health cereal online that is pretty much exactly the same minus the aspartame. I'm too lazy to find it now, but if you want ask and i'll see where I got it from again. Again, everyones different, but soluble fiber clogs me up big time while insoluble makes me run smoothly (at least once a day). That's not to say avoid all soluble, but in my case, definitely try and eat a good amount more of insoluble than soluble.

How sure are you that the fiber cereal has "cured" you? How long have you been clear? Are you, in fact, completely clear? What has been your treatment history?

I take resveratrol which also gives me the runs due to its emodin content. I have been suspicious that it is the laxative effecting my skin so positively. What are you taking?

sounds odd, but amp protein, a gnc brand. it has triple distilled water, which could explain a few things... i just wonder if there's an alternative that doesn't include the runs as a side-effect...how has that supplement worked for you? others?