Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Survivor540

My Theory and My Cure

A little about me and my skin:

I have sensitive skin, and I've had varying degrees of acne (mild, moderate, and almost severe) for two years. Right now I'm 90% clear and getting better everyday! Note: I've been following this regimen for about six and half weeks now (I keep a skin journal next to my bed to track my progress every morning).

My Theory: Acne is simple, you just need to find the clues it leaves.

So I like to look at the typical treatment of acne like a war. Harsh topicals and antibiotics with intense side effects are your soldiers, your skin is the battlefield (which is placed within your territory) and the pimples are the enemy invaders. What is the war about? Who possesses the territory (your skin).

For some wars fighting back with the harsh topicals and antibiotics solves everything, but sometimes there are more resilient invaders who require a different method of "attack". My personal attack method: Kill them with kindness.

Instead of burning and drying out your acne (and your skin), take care of your skin instead of fighting the acne on it. I do this by gently cleansing and moisturizing morning and night (personally I love Olay Regenerist line, but anything that works for you is fine). However, you could take care of your skin however you see fit- as long as you are taking care of your skin and not the pimples.

Eventually the pimples go away. Why? Because while the "territory" is being taken care of, the negotiators called pores are finally getting in a good mood and doing their job right. In a short amount of time the pore will have reasoned the acne away.

Of course, the fight with kindness for some people needs more than just topical treatment. Supplements that aid the body and keep you healthy could also be part of your first line of defense (personally Omega 3 works beautifully for me). A healthy and well taken care of body is your ultimate defense from getting invaded by acne. For some people supplements help with this, while for others changing their diet helps. Discovering what keeps your body happy, healthy, and functioning smoothly is something that could take a little bit of experimenting, but luckily we have this fabulous Nutrition forum to help with that!

Note:

I would like to add one thing: Following what I said really helped my acne, but all skin is different. I wanted to post what worked for me because maybe it will help another person. If you try it and it doesn't work, then I am sorry and hope you find the right cure! Nobody deserves acne, but we can all get clear.

Feel free to post questions and comments! I'd love to answer anything about this!

Acne cannot be cured through products on the face. You need to change the internal conditions to cure acne.

Acne cannot be cured through products on the face. You need to change the internal conditions to cure acne.

That is true for most people, but I know a lot of friends and family members who got rid of acne just by using topicals. It doesn't work for everyone though, thats why I added a note about supplements and being healthy.

topicals never did anything for me, but taking alot of good things for my body internally did wonders.