Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
junebug

Is it possible to find someone who doesn't care that you have acne or *gasp* even finds you beautiful?

Of course it is. There are many people on Acne.org who are currently in relationsips, it's possible to find someone who doesn't care about your acne. Maybe you can even find someone who has acne too, and you'll be able to relate even more to each other's struggle.

Well it doesn't seem like it where I live. Nearly everyone that I've met here is quite pretty and whoever isn't gets excluded. There's one girl that I know who had a little worse acne than I do. Everyone hated her. I don't mean disliked, or just never talked about, they hated her. Her face has cleared up quite a bit and now she has a bunch of friends. She's always had an amazing personality nothing's changed except her acne. Maybe if I move somewhere else I'll have better luck...

I used to think someone loved me, and thought I was beautiful. Until she came out of the blue and told me she didn't love me anymore, and that was it.

*sigh* Best of luck to you...

Of course it is possible. A person who loves someone with acne is someone who isn't shallow or fickle, the best kind of person to have.

Of course. As someone else pointed out, many people on this site are in relationships, or even married (I'm one of them). If someone won't date you because of your acne, well then, they're the one missing out, aren't they?

junebug, the people you mentioned treat others meanly if acne is involved. What a bunch of shallow jerks. You REALLY want to hang out with them? Find some nice people. They're everywhere.

Yes, they do. Beauty is much more than your skin. Much, much more.

I encourage you to find those who are like minded. =)

The answer probably varies from person to person, if you have acne but look fine otherwise, then people will still find you attractive.

It's hard in High School because guys are still immature and looking to fit in but yes there are guys out there who don't mind it. The girl I'm seeing right now is proof because she has soft beautiful skin and I have body scars galore. They don't bother her at all either. The same goes for me, all her flaws don't bother me at all because I like her too much to even notice.

i once came across a guy that didn't care. i didn't believe him at the time, though.

i don't think beauty has anything to do with your skin. your skin can be altered with so many products. to me, beauty can't be changed by something you can buy. you can be drawn to someone physically, but i think when you find someone beautiful it's something unexplainable. it's much more complex than what you see.

i once came across a guy that didn't care. i didn't believe him at the time, though.

i don't think beauty has anything to do with your skin. your skin can be altered with so many products. to me, beauty can't be changed by something you can buy. you can be drawn to someone physically, but i think when you find someone beautiful it's something unexplainable. it's much more complex than what you see.

this is so true.

yes i always had acne and ive been with my boyfriend for 5 years....i have pimples and scars and marks....and im currently pregnant...he has no acne on his face his skin is beautiful but he has acne on his back and it doesnt bother me much....ive seen beautiful girls with guys with bad skin all the time i always thought girls care less about acne than guys do....

Of course you can!

My boyfriend seems to think I'm beautiful and totally looks past my skin. In fact, when I mention my skin being bad or I get upset about it, he seems genuinely perplexed as it's as if he really can't see what I see.

One time he even said that he loved 'the cute little freckles on my nose'- my nose is covered in blackheads, not freckles!

My boyfriend absolutely hates his mouth/ teeth. I wasn't aware of this as I didn't notice anything wrong with them. I remember once I said to him 'I love your teeth- they're so big and white, it gives you such a lovely toothy smile' and he looked as though he was about to burst into tears. He said he was really self-conscious about his teeth and me saying they were big brought back horrible memories from when he was at school- he had been teased and called 'goofy'. It seemed as though his teeth really had been an issue for him all his life and other people had noticed them, too. I didn't though and it's because I just love everything else about him- I notice his big eyes and wavy hair and cute dimples... Anyway what I'm trying to say is that that clearly works both ways. People are totally capable of looking past your acne to find you the most beautiful person in the world.

I know people seem totally shallow but not everybody is that way. I don't know how old you are but I didn't get my first boyfriend until I was almost 21. I really don't think it was my acne that prevented guys approaching me but more how my acne made me feel about myself. I would walk around with my head down and try my hardest to make myself invisible- I can't imagine that made me look approachable!

So yeah, try not to lose faith!

Yes, it is possible. Look at all of the stories here. There are many people who don't place emphasis on looks.

This website is based on looks.

Yes, it is possible. Look at all of the stories here. There are many people who don't place emphasis on looks.

This website is based on looks.

It's not wrong of us to want to be the social norm.

I think it is much more than that. It's not about 'ignoring' the acne or finding someone beautiful 'in spite' of the acne...it's about caring about a person and not even seeing it. About accepting it as a natural part of the person, and honestly, it is one of the tiny pieces of the puzzle as to why you find that person attractive.

Yes!

The world, unfortunately, contains many shallow morons but there are also many people who genuinely don't care about the state of someone's skin and will happily look past any physical imperfections.

My boyfriend doesn't seem to mind all the problems that I have going on with my face. Even with perfect skin I think I'd find myself pretty physically repulsive, to tell the truth... so it's not as though he's even 'looking past' the acne and scarring; he just doesn't care that I look like a complete mess.

I'm sorry if you've had bad experiences which have led to you having doubts, but don't let that cloud your judgement of everyone. You might miss out on something good!

I'm sorry if you've had bad experiences which have led to you having doubts, but don't let that cloud your judgement of everyone. You might miss out on something good!

That's beautifully said.

I've been having my doubts lately.

you have to be okay with your acne yourself first. when we are vulnerable we open ourselves up to real relationships. I completely agree with what Kairasa said.

junebug, the people you mentioned treat others meanly if acne is involved. What a bunch of shallow jerks. You REALLY want to hang out with them? Find some nice people. They're everywhere.

thats how it is around here. i have mild acne but its enough to not make u consider hot it kind of hurts thats why i want me to go away so bad cus im kind of populair but not enough.