Acne.org
kramerhoof

TOOTHPASTE BURN...Please HELP! (PIC ADDED)

Posted

Hello everyone

long time reader, first time poster. I am pretty desperate about this

I tried the toothpaste method that everyone knows about, and while i have done this many times without a hitch, I used too much on one application and got a nasty toothpaste burn

It is on my cheek next to my mouth and is very noticeable.

This burn happened on MOTHERS DAY (may 10th). that is over a month ago and the mark is still very red and noticeable. I need help fast.

I just started rubbing the combination of Vit. E gel (from capsule) and aloe vera and covering with a bandage, but nothing seems to be working

Does anyone have any ideas to make this hideous mark go away? I work retail so I am around people all day. I will attach pictures if necessary

Update: I was just eating dinner, and my stepmom just asked me "did you put MORE toothpaste on your face?" fml, its been a month :(

Other than this mark, I am COMPLETELY clear, thats the most frustrating thing about this. I havnt been this clear in a long time, so i just want this mark goooooooooooone :(

post-105264-1244812369_thumb.jpg

post-105264-1244812369_thumb.jpg

Posted

bump, come on ppl!

Posted

I got a toothpaste burn mark on my chin when I fell asleep with a large amount of it on my face. That was the 3rd of May and the mark is still there. AVC has faded it but the mark is still very much visible.

Posted

I had a burn from a hair relaxer and I used aloe vera plant. I put it on several times a day and rubbed it in gently. I didn't put a bandage over it because it had to air and it was noticeable. The burn went away and I was left with a mark but you can put cocoa butter on that and less noticeable. This is the second time I burned myself. The first time was when I burned t-zone and I use the same method and it went away with no mark. You can find aloe vera plant at Lowe's and plant shops. You have to cut the stems off the plant and then cut the stems open and there will be gel in it. Then take the gel out and rub that gel on your burn all day long. You have to get rid of the gel the next day but don't worry you just cut another stem and do the same thing all over again and keep using it until the burn is gone. Good luck. :dance:

Posted

I agree try the aloe vera plant. It worked wonders for me. I burned myself by applying to much apple cider vinegar, I had a scab that covered my entire chin. I started applying the gel all of Monday and all of Tuesday and by Wednesday night the scab had fallen off (I guess in the shower) on its own and left no mark :) So I highly recommend NATURAL ALOE VERA PLANT to treat that:) Lots of luck!

Posted

try olive oil, but you have to rub it into ONLY the red mark, dont use it on your entire face or you risk breaking out. And you have to olive oil> exfoliate> olive oil> exfoliate> etc... rub it in with qtips and exfoliate with q tips. Also make sure it's extra virgin olive oil, not regular it's too adulturated and wont do.

Posted

Is there anything you guys can suggest that will reduce the REDNESS of this thing a bit? It still looks as bad as the day it happened (more than a month ago :()

I also added a pic of it, just to give you guys an idea of my suffering

Posted

not even that bad man, swallow your pride and get a little bit of cover up if it bugs you that much

Posted

You can always order some mineral makeup concealer that matches your skin tone. That will cover up most of the redness until it returns to its natural colour.

Posted

Hey! I burned myself really bad with my curling iron about a month ago it was like 6 times bigger and ten times worse than yours (haha seriously if Scarface were a woman thats what I looked like) and I used hydrocortisone cream for the first couple nights to prevent skin damage and have been using Apple Cider Vinegar since then to get rid of the mark. Its BARELY noticable and thats only cause it was a deep burn, I don't even have any scarring! Exfoliate gently too that will help remove the dead skin cells. Hope I helped a little!

Posted

It's surprising no one has mentioned Neosporin/Polysporin. Pick yourself some of that. Put it on the mark, bandaid over night. And wake up and it should be WAY less red.

Posted
Is there anything you guys can suggest that will reduce the REDNESS of this thing a bit? It still looks as bad as the day it happened (more than a month ago :()

I also added a pic of it, just to give you guys an idea of my suffering

put a little bit on honey on a bandaid and leave it overnight. works well for pimples prly red marks afterwords too