Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
currentvforall

Best Moisturizer for the Regimen!?

I think I'm getting rashes from Dan's moisturizer, anyone know any other Non-SPF Moisturizers that work well with the regimen??? (Preferably something I can buy at local stores)

:think:

Been looking around the site but it seems like no one talks about non-spf moisturizers for the face besides Dan's stuff.....

MUCH APPRECIATED!! :surprised:

If you got a rash from Dan's moisturizer, I would definitely stay away from anything w/ AHA in it.

I have no problem w/ the two moisturizers in my signature and my skin is pretty sensitive. Complex15 is at CVS, the other is available anywhere.

P.S.

I'm able to keep flakes away by using the Cet. cream at night. It's way too thick to use in the day. I don't see why people obsess about finding the perfect moisturizer that keeps flakes away while not being too greasy. Just use a different moisturizer at night!!!

Thanks Sharpy!

You just gave me an idea. I get flaky from the Oil of Olay, so I tried the Neutrogena Healthy Skin stuff with AHA. It got rid of the flakes, but made me stingy, red and irritated. So I think I'll go back to Oil of Olay for day and Cetaphil at night and see how I do.

Thanks again!

I use Neutrogena Healthy Skin in the morning and Dan's at night (don't really need SPF at night).

The N. Healthy Skin lotion stings on most people when they just start using it-- myself included. I remember years ago, my sister had it and I slathered it all over my face, just assuming it was regular face lotion. It was horrible! My eyes were burning, lips and entire face. I decided never to use it again. However--

When I started breaking out last year, I read up on acne and treatments and decided to try the lotion again-- this time with knowing what it was and how to use it. The stinging goes away after a couple days and I found that it has worked wonders on my skin.

Thanks BK!

You know, not only did it burn like hell, but I was so red the next day I look badly sunburned and blotchy on my face. I only used 2 pumps. I'm thinking AHA in a moisturizer is just too much for my skin. I'm still a little pink and tight, 2 days later after stopping.

I really love the Oil of Olay complete, but it doesn't get rid of flakiness, even with jojoba oil added. So I'm on the lookout for a night moisturizer that's a little heavier but won't make me break out. I'll just use the AHA to spot treat emerging pimples.

Thanks Sharpy!

You just gave me an idea. I get flaky from the Oil of Olay, so I tried the Neutrogena Healthy Skin stuff with AHA. It got rid of the flakes, but made me stingy, red and irritated. So I think I'll go back to Oil of Olay for day and Cetaphil at night and see how I do.

Thanks again!

I tried to power through the redness of using products w/ AHA but it just got worse and worse and my face actually started oozing all over after a few weeks of Lac Hydrin Five. So be careful!

The Cetaphil I use is noncomedogenic--and I've been using it for at least a year and have had no problems. My Doctor said it's what she recommends to patients w/ sensitive skin.

Good luck!

Hi Again Sharpy-

I quit using the AHA stuff all over and am just spot treating red scars and emerging zits. Seems to be working ok.

I am still getting a little red and stingy for a couple of hours after I moisturize because I switched to Dan's BP from another brand. I think Dan's is more powerful. I'm going to give that a week.

Cetaphil agrees with me MUCH more. Thanks again for the tip!

I've been using Burt's Bees Marshmallow Vanishing Creme for almost a year and it's never clogged my pores. Yes, some natural ingredients like cocoa butter can clog your pores, but I don't think Burt's Bees uses cocoa butter in any of its products. Natural alternatives are great because they contain natural preservatives, instead of those evil parabens which are estrogen imitators. Don't know about you, but I don't like my hormone levels messed with. Anyway, the marshmallow extract in the moisturizer works to calm your skin down, so if you get a little redness from something, the BB's Marshmallow moisturizer stops the redness pretty fast.

Cheers,

Alex

I've been using Burt's Bees Marshmallow Vanishing Creme for almost a year and it's never clogged my pores. Yes, some natural ingredients like cocoa butter can clog your pores, but I don't think Burt's Bees uses cocoa butter in any of its products. Natural alternatives are great because they contain natural preservatives, instead of those evil parabens which are estrogen imitators. Don't know about you, but I don't like my hormone levels messed with. Anyway, the marshmallow extract in the moisturizer works to calm your skin down, so if you get a little redness from something, the BB's Marshmallow moisturizer stops the redness pretty fast.

Cheers,

Alex

I'm just saying that for somebody newish to the Regimen, who is trying to figure out if the Regimen is right for him/her, s/he should stick with using products that are Regimen "approved". After the person is clear for a few months on the Regimen, s/he could try new things to find out how his/her skin reacts.

BTW, neither of the moisturizers I use contain parabens. Or fragrance, for that matter. Fragrance can be very irritating to some people. And it's pretty hight on the list of that Marshmallow Creme. From what I can see, it does not say it's non-comedogenic. The moisturizers I use do say that. Not that a product's claims that it is non-comedogenic mean for certain that it is but I think it is noteworthy when a product doesn't make such a claim.

That's great that you like the Marshmallow Creme and don't have any problems with it though.