Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Breadisacne

2% milk, masturbating, face washing, sleeping on my face, excess sugars

Well i cut all of the above out of my lifestyle and I have noticed that my skin looks quite a bit better. In fact, I woke up this morning and on my entire face I only had one tiny pimple. Usually my skin likes to make tiny little red pimples on my nose and around my area where my goatee would be if I decided to grow one.I'm 99% clear today knock on wood. If you have light acne you might want to try this stuff:

2% Milk- I heard this was bad, so I stopped drinking it.

Masturbating - this i can live without and I wasn't sure if it was also having an effect.

Face washing - Anytime I mess with my face it just looks worse... I tried the face washing thing for a week. With cetaphil gentle cleanser and lotion afterwards. The result? After about a week my face began to take on this red sunken look which isn't normal for me. It almost looked like I had very light acne scarring. Also the lotion use every time I would wash my face was giving me pimples in spots I never get them (like my cheeks and forehead). So I was like WHOA that's just god awful (and immediatly cut that #$^! out) and now what I do is only wash my face with water on OCCASION only when I shave. When I shampoo I take special care to not get any on my face.

Sleeping on my back - This was by far THE hardest thing for me change as far as lifestyle goes. I used to get home from a hard day and want to bury my face in the pillow to induce sleep. Well I'd get the occasional zit and I thought it was my skin, and since I've been sleeping on my back I do indeed get less sleep. Sometimes I wake up tired because after 3 months of this I still dont sleep as well as on my face. But my skin thanks me every morning.

Excess sugars - As per this forums advice, ive stopped eating mass amounts of sweets. This could have also had an effect on my acne. I also feel better when I dont eat candy all day. I do still enjoy a cola with a meal but I drink it sparingly, never even finishing a can. Dont try to finish cans of pop simply because you bought them. Wet your whistle and put it back in the fridge or throw it out.

Drink tons of water - This one speaks for itself.

Ive overhauled my entire lifestyle for this #@$%ing curse i've been born with hopefully I stay this clear. :boohoo:

Good job! I'd never drink soda, and I still get acne (but it's tons better than it was). I've read that sleeping on your side is natural, so I keep on doing. Maybe it'd be worth it to wash your pillow case every couple of days instead.

I rarely use shampoo anymore either. If I do, I use Burt's Bees, or maybe something like ACV.

Anyways, congratulations!

Good job! I'd never drink soda, and I still get acne (but it's tons better than it was). I've read that sleeping on your side is natural, so I keep on doing. Maybe it'd be worth it to wash your pillow case every couple of days instead.

I rarely use shampoo anymore either. If I do, I use Burt's Bees, or maybe something like ACV.

Anyways, congratulations!

Yes, i definitely think it's more natural because I always sleep better with my face on the pillow. However Ive tried changing my pillowcase literally every single day and i still had mild irritation when I woke up. There is no replacement for sleeping on your back because throughout the entire night your face is getting more oxygen and breathing better than if it was jammed against a pillowcase. Everyone is different though, for some can sleep on their face all night and day and not get acne. But for me, sleeping on my back was the only solution. I think everyone should at least TRY it because I know it will not get rid of acne, but it can only make your acne better. I know for sure that your facial skin breathing is important.

And to the guy who asked if i stopped eating wheat... well i never ate wheat to begin with. However I have been eating more salads and leafy vegetables. Replacing candy with fruit instead. I do however, still eat white bread ( a staple of any college kid) And it doesnt seem to hurt my skin. I think it's the greasy, salty, sweet, and dairy stuff that gets me.

I cannot stress enough that I am not advertising a cure for acne, but these things all helped me so I just want others to try the same stuff and let me know if it helped. I understand the pain that acne causes. Ive never had bad acne but anything I got just made me feel s#$%ty as hell. Which is why Im overhauling my entire lifestyle to fix my skin... hell i even gave up smoking both plants because this is bothering me so bad.

dude U DONT HAVE TO SLEEP ON UR BACK. Ive trained myself to do so but i found a WAY WAY more comfortable way to sleep without face touchin anything but air.

Since I dont get acne on jaw or temples or like side sides of face. I only get it on cheeks and occasional forhead.

I wish i could like draw u a picture or something. But what I do is

1.) Sleep on my side most the night. I put my arm/hand on my hair by temple and ear. And hang my face kind of off the side of my pillow. Its just as comfortable as face in pillow. Try it.

dude U DONT HAVE TO SLEEP ON UR BACK. Ive trained myself to do so but i found a WAY WAY more comfortable way to sleep without face touchin anything but air.

Since I dont get acne on jaw or temples or like side sides of face. I only get it on cheeks and occasional forhead.

I wish i could like draw u a picture or something. But what I do is

1.) Sleep on my side most the night. I put my arm/hand on my hair by temple and ear. And hang my face kind of off the side of my pillow. Its just as comfortable as face in pillow. Try it.

yeah ive done this i tend to wake up wtih my face on my arm though and usually when that happens it'll cause a zit. I appreciate the advice but to me it's not even worth getting one zit to be comfortable when i sleep. Id rather be uncomfortable with clear skin than risk getting a zit. Good advice though for some people it would work well and yes, provide breathing for the skin.

LOL. Let's get this straight, you never ate wheat, but you're still eating white bread? What exactly do you think white bread is made from?

LOL. Let's get this straight, you never ate wheat, but you're still eating white bread? What exactly do you think white bread is made from?

hopes an dreams?

I sometimes sleep on the side of my face and sometimes don't. I don't think it contributes to my acne that much though.