Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dacha

Creams VS Lotions

I've been recently browsing for a new moisturizer to try with my regimen. Right now I use Olay Complete + Jojoba in the AM and Dan's Moisturizer at night. I really like both but I still experience a moderate degree of flakiness still in my fifth week. I was wondering if there was really a big difference between a lotion and a cream. I know that typically a cream is thicker but every one of Dan's recommended moisturizes is a lotion instead. So, would a cream work better/worse/the same with the Regimen? Would there be any adverse effects?

I've been recently browsing for a new moisturizer to try with my regimen. Right now I use Olay Complete + Jojoba in the AM and Dan's Moisturizer at night. I really like both but I still experience a moderate degree of flakiness still in my fifth week. I was wondering if there was really a big difference between a lotion and a cream. I know that typically a cream is thicker but every one of Dan's recommended moisturizes is a lotion instead. So, would a cream work better/worse/the same with the Regimen? Would there be any adverse effects?

Creams do tend to be 'thicker' and perhaps more emollient and hydrating but they're also more likely in most forms to cause breakouts. Not always though.

cool as kim deal has two great threads on exfoliation in her signature; they provide great info on how to deal with the acne.org regimen flakies:

Problems with dryness or flaking?

and

Exfoliation that's ok with the Regimen

Just be careful with exfoliation; you don't want to get too intense or you'll irritate your skin. Gentle is key. :)