Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Since this is the holistic board, I thought I'd bring back a topic I've posted about on other acne sites. There is a book called "Skin Deep: A Mind/Body Program for Health Skin" by Dr. Ted Grossbart and Dr. Carl Sherman that deals with skin diseases and the effects the mind can have on our skin. The skin is an organ and Grossbart and Sherman argue that the skin is very sensitive to emotions and physicological factors in addition to chemical and nutritional factors. If you have some spare time, its a pretty good read. It can get intense at times and it may be too much for people, but if you've been suffering from acne for a while, your mind may be hindering your progress.

Here's the link to the book's site I've never contacted him personally as I imagine its really expensive but its one more tool in the fight against acne.

Here's one of the other posts I referred to above> link It's a few years old but the info is still good.