Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raina!

Powder Foundation for Oily Skin?

Yeah, I have oily skin and Im Jamaican, so I have a darker skin tone. I need to find a POWDER foundation that works for oily skin and that lasts all day... I've tried everyday minerals and they dont have my skin color and it makes my skin oilier AND the foundation melted (?) off because of my oily skin. I'm kind of scared to try BareMinerals because it has bismuth in it and Im afraid to use MAC studiofix powder foundation because I heard it makes you break out. Is there a powder foundation that controsl oily skin for a long period of time and has color for darker skin tones?

Have you looked into Meow?

They're a bismuth-free mineral company which specializes in having a huge range of colors. They go much darker than EDM, and it doesn't melt off my face like EDM does.

I've found that applying MMU in the following manner makes both EDM and Meow last longer and gives more coverage:

1. Squeeze out about half a pea size of sunscreen/lotion onto the back of my hand

2. Lightly dip the brush into the sunscreen, so only the tips of the bristles are coated.

3. Dip brush into the mineral-filled lid

4. Use downwards motions to apply, without overbuffing.

Conceal before and/or after foundation as necessary with the same product. Finish off with highlight, contour and/or blush. Spritz a fiber optic brush with water/facial spray and stipple it onto the face to get rid of any powderyness.

are you willing to use a liquid foundation and powder? If so, there are some liquid foundations that help control oil along with powder. Otherwise, I can't think of anything....you can try a primer under your makeup and/or a translucent powder that helps absorb oil. You can always blot the oil away, too.

A primer maybe before powder to mattify the skin? Or you can try MAC's blot powder which I like because it has oil-absorbing properties. I have oily skin and this is one of my HGs and its translucent so it doesn't interfere with any color.