Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ghulam

Is there a way to treat white scars on back, chest schoulders

Hi

I have been to my dermatologist, and true him i am starting with 8 sessions of fruit acid peels for my face, and after that a cross treatment for the few ice pick scars.

The scars arent so deep but i have a lot of them, the dermatologist promiced 90 % improvement.

A bigger concern for me are the many white scars on my chest and back area.

I hope to do A dermabrasion on my back, and for the remaining scars i'm looking for ways to even them out with the rest of my skin, blood injection or maybe even tattooing.

Is there anyone who has treated WHITE BACNE SCARS with succes, if there is a way?

:boohoo:

Thanks and good luck

Dermabrasion seems risky. If you search hypopigmented scars, lasers come up as one option.

I think laser would be a better job but the Dutch health insurence doesn't cover laser treatment.

Microdermabrasion set to a high level supposed to be good, but i am worried that the loss of pigment wil never go away or is that only on the survice of the skin.

Microdermabrasion does next to nothing. Dermabrasion is high risk for scarring and more hypopigmentation, particularly in persons who have more pigment in the skin.

Many of us have to save money for our scar treatments. But honestly, many people don't really notice small hypopigmented scars on the back or chest. If/when you go to the beach, take a look around and see the wide varieties of scars other people are sporting.

I feel your pain man. I have a ton covering chest, shoulders, and back. Here are the two best ideas I could come up with and I will eventually try when I get money and time.

The first idea would be to excise the larger ones and maybe "punch some of the larger smaller ones and MAYBE, if it shows good results, use a little ECM to aid the healing. For the bulk of the rest though I was considering dermarolling the areas (will have to be many sessions) and using maybe some CP or emu oil to speed up the process of fading and breaking up the scars. The pigment, I have heard, will also begin to come back with dermarolling as the breaking up and regrowth allows the pigments to rise and repopulate (I could be wrong, just what I have heard). Silicone is also an idea, but I don't have the time or money for those sheets right now.

But basically the two ways I am considering are: removing the tissue or actively trying to fade them. But yeah, they are just my ideas and idk if they would work well, but reading over these boards the past year or two has taught me alot. Anyways, hope you find something and let me know if you try something and it works.