Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cshepherd

15% TCA peel and Tazorac at the same time?

Can I do a %15 TCA peel and a few hrs later apply my normal tazorac??? or will this be too harsh for my skin? I have yet to see how my skin reacts to the peel...

No way.. you could burn your skin off! Tazorac is strong enough as it is.. Please consult your derm before you do this..

thanks for the reply! Ya I don't think I'm gonna do it anytime soon, but the tazorac isn't making my skin flaky or dry at all! But still, I'm gonna put it on the back burner jic.

Whoa, you shouldn't apply ANYTHING like tazorac or any kind of harsh products a week BEFORE doing a TCA Peel and 2 weeks AFTER doing the TCA Peel. It will ruin your skin. Also, if you choose to do the TCA Peel, you should prep your skin by using an AHA product for a month or at least 2 weeks, then stop using AHA for 5-7 days then do your TCA Peel. It will give you a better and safe peel.

To be hoenst, I never had good results with TCA Peel, it just gave me a darker skin tone and more hyperpigmentation (my body/face skin tone are completely off with each other). But it might be because I'm Asian. I heard that TCA peel or Fraxel can be bad for Asian skin, and I guess I was one of those :(.