Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have so much hair on my face! Luckily, it is blond, but still...

I don't want laser removal, because that carries the risk of hyperpigmentation. I can't wax my whole face and I can't wax right now because I'm on 'tane.

I can't be the only person with this. Does anyone know what I can do? I am thinking of using that female personal razor that they show on tv, but will this be bad?

I use tweezers. Even on my lips. It takes forever, but the pain dulls after a few minutes. (I use a retinoid, which makes other hair removal methods hard.)

I use tweezers. Even on my lips. It takes forever, but the pain dulls after a few minutes. (I use a retinoid, which makes other hair removal methods hard.)

Oh, I could never use tweezers all over my face! I should mention the hair is very fine, like peach fuzz.

I think Nair makes something for the face--it's different than the stuff you use on your legs.

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp11031_333181_s...oisturizers.htm

There's also something called threading . My friend shaped my eye brows by threading, but I can't get the hang of it.

I'd be really afraid nair would break me out. I don't think I can use that on tane either.

I always wanted to try threading! I can't find anyone that does it. That may be good for my face, too!

I wouldn't worry about it. If it's so fine that you can't tweeze it then you a probably the only one who notices it.

I have very light hair on my cheeks and chin. I would never use Nair or any other hair removal cream because it will irritate your skin and possibly make you break out. What I do is use one of those electric razors. I make sure to clean the top with some rubbing alcohol before having it touch my face. It works for me and doesn't cause me to break out.

Hope this helps!!

Also, almost everyone has peach fuzz on their face. Even models--you just can't tell b/c they photoshop it out.

Shaving it will just make it look more conspicuous b/c it will be blunt on the end. Just like on your legs, it will get stubbly.

You should definitely not use wax, depilatories, pluck, or get threading done if you are on accutane. Even if you aren't, it's still a terrible idea.

For clarification I only tweeze the dark, thicker hair around my lips and chin, not the blonde peach fuzz that is everywhere.

As others have mentioned, threading is a decent option while on Accutane. It is not as likely to inflame or irritate the skin; it just plucks the hairs out.

I wax my whole face but I'm NOT on Accutane. :) I'm quite furry. Must be the cat genes. :think:

I used those , you know like tiny, cosmetic scissors? It took a loong time to get it all though, it looked pretty cool (though i'm sure no one noticed at all) until I realised I'd have to do it every 2 weeks for it to be permanent.

Wynne are you saying you do your whole face, Like forehead/cheeks/chin? Do you go to a proper place to get that done? Doesn't it hurt? I kind of want that done.... Why did you pick that over threading? :eh:

i use the "feminine" razor on the larger areas like above my lip ,side burns and between my eyebrows and i tweeze the thick dark ones around my chin

Thanks for all the responses!

I could never thread my own face. I am not good at stuff like that.

I will try to find someone who can do it.

I think the personal shaver is the best option.

I have more hair on my face than the average person.

Do NOT get laser for your face! I read up on it and it can cause hyperpigmentation. It is also only good for dark coarse hair. You also must have fair skin. Not worth it, IMO.

I have blond hair all over my face. One time I had a guy say "You have so much hair on your face." (Real nice guy. I dumped him.) Anyway, I use the personal touch hair remover like you were asking about. I use it just like I'm shaving my face. It doesn't grow back darker but of course they do have blunt ends. It isn't a big deal and my husband hasn't ever noticed and he would probably say something. I like the trimmer. It is easy and painless and I can do it anytime quickly. I'm glad I did it. Good luck!

Use EPISTICK my dear...I ordered mine from some random site, cant remember the link, but its basically the same as threading for except theres no actually thread, but the result and tenchinque is the same...Please DO NOT shave your face...You will have those prickly hair growing on your face, which is not sexy for a woman the last time I checked...Its ok for legs and armpits but not for the face, not for women anyway...I also have a little bit of hair on the side of my face, which sucks because they are black and you can actually see them, and it makes it hard to put on make uo smoothly, but epistick does the trick...Works wonders, and dont wax your face either, especially if you have sensitive acne prone skin, because I did that once and had bumps that looked just like acne all over, not attractive :surprised:

Everyone has hair on their face, more or less noticable, the only place where hair doesnt grow is your palms and soles of feet *i think*

*Future beautican,make up artist or dermatolst* =]

I wax my whole face but I'm NOT on Accutane. :) I'm quite furry. Must be the cat genes. :think:

OUCH! I cringed reading this, Wynne!

You mean you DO NOT want hair on the face!??! When i am out cruising in my dawg wagon on the streets of poochville the one thing i look for the most in a hot bitch is a nice furry face! That, and extremely low standards.

So go and remove your face fur, but you shall not be getting any dogs humping your legs or shitting in your shoes and, quite frankly, that is your loss.

Bumping this thread up because I have the same problem. My facial hair is blonde so it isn't awful but there is a lot of it. I do get my eyebrows threaded and I never have a reaction there but whenever I get my chin or lip threaded I always break out badly after, same thing if I wax. Each time I get it done I think it will be different but is always terrible after and takes about two weeks to heal.

I'm thinking about using the facial hair removal stuff from Nair but am nervous that will bring me out also.

Anyone have any tips on preventing a breakout after hair removal?

Bumping this thread up because I have the same problem. My facial hair is blonde so it isn't awful but there is a lot of it. I do get my eyebrows threaded and I never have a reaction there but whenever I get my chin or lip threaded I always break out badly after, same thing if I wax. Each time I get it done I think it will be different but is always terrible after and takes about two weeks to heal.

I'm thinking about using the facial hair removal stuff from Nair but am nervous that will bring me out also.

Anyone have any tips on preventing a breakout after hair removal?

i think you should just accept it especially if you have the upper hand with light colored hair. everyone has facial hair seeing how we are mammals. there is a spring type device on youtube people are reviewing. it's sold on ebay. i just take scissors and trim the light hair. it helps. oh and don't use nair on your face unless it's meant for it.

Edited by acnejean