Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have a bunch of tiny, tiny closed comedones in the center of my chin that are only visible if I pull my lower lip back (which tightens the skin and exposing the little white bumps). Every once in awhile I believe that the comedones "blend" together, forming a soft lump under my skin which is only apparent if I tighten the skin; normally, this lump is SLIGHTLY visible. Sometimes it will slowly shrink and become a red spot, with a visible white center that is so deep it would be impossible to pop *IF* I wanted to. In other words, the end result appears to be an inflamed closed comedone...but eventually the head "surfaces" and, after gently popping when ready, a lot of white fluid comes out.

If the soft lump does NOT become a red spot - well, BEFORE it can, I layer it with BP which seems to dry it up. For example, I had one soft lump starting the other day and poured BP on it. The next morning it was practically gone. This lump is still shrinking and I am confident it will dissipate soon, but I have ANOTHER soft lump forming which I just discovered two hours ago (they are next to each other but not very close). I put so much BP on it, my skin is stinging a little and I know it will be red tomorrow morning. I feel that stress is a huge trigger, because work was really bad tonight.

This ONLY happens on my chin. I am confident that this is not a cyst, either. Thoughts? =/

Now it's getting flat because of all the BP I used, but it's super red because some of my skin peeled. Does anyone know how to prevent this in the future??

Guest invaderzim

i've had the same, but it went away with regular BP usage and particularly the AHA+

funny thing about the AHA that i find, it though it is a chemical exfoliant, it seems to help the flaking of my skin. i would assume this has something to do with it actually getting the dried/dead skin to come off completely -but im not sure.

the other thing in regards to redness and irritation, i find that moisturizing helps significantly in reducing irritation (especially by that caused from flaking). so that's something to keep in mind i guess.

i've had the same, but it went away with regular BP usage and particularly the AHA+

funny thing about the AHA that i find, it though it is a chemical exfoliant, it seems to help the flaking of my skin. i would assume this has something to do with it actually getting the dried/dead skin to come off completely -but im not sure.

the other thing in regards to redness and irritation, i find that moisturizing helps significantly in reducing irritation (especially by that caused from flaking). so that's something to keep in mind i guess.

Yes, that's one of the great benefits of AHA usage; it helps unbond the 'glue' that holds dead skin cells (potentially clogging buggers they are!) in place. :)

You're completely right about moisturizing helping with irritation. If you're particularly irritated, a thin film of petrolatum jelly will help soothe the skin. In some cases, a mild film of petrolatum jelly used a few nights in a row can completely clear up irritation.

I have found that using warm or even cold/cool water to wash helps a lot with irritation and redness. Even icing the whole face down is recommended, too. That helps with redness and irritation in general. A highly skilled esthetician to whom one of our moderators goes recommends icing the whole face after cleansing and prior to applying medications of any type.

Thanks for the replies! I did ice it last night for a good while, so that plus the BP is what really flattened it out. I plan on buying Dan's AHA sometime in the near future, as I only hear good things about it.

I moisturized A LOT before putting on my make-up today, which also helped.