Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CurryGirl

Help me heal a cyst/nodule?

I'm not really sure which one it is (cyst or nodule) but I know it goes down deep under my skin.

It's not so much for vanity as it is for discomfort. You see, it's on the back of my thigh and it is highly uncomfortable and painful for me when I sit down -- there was virtually no way for me to put less pressure on it when I was sitting in a desk at school.

Any tips for shrinking it down fast? I put a hot washcloth over it for about a half an hour yesterday and applied 10% bp on it two times throughout the day, but it hasn't made too much progress in shrinking.

I'd at least like the pain to go away before I have to return to school on Monday.

Ice will calm the pain and reduce inflammation. Please see the last link in my signature. Good luck and don't despair; this too shall pass. :)

By the way, thats probably an ingrown hair not a pimple. Ive never heard of someone having a pimple on their thigh

Well Molly with all due respect, perhaps you are not as well versed on the various types of acne and the places where one can get pimples, acne cysts and such. Hidradenitis Suppurativa for example is a type of acne where one cysts and pimples on breasts, buttocks, under the armpits and even on one's thigh.

I have had severa cystic acne pimples on the inside of my thigh in years past. Then too, there are boils and carbuncles which resemble pimples and acne cysts and can appear just about anywhere on the body.

Maybe you should do a little more reading and research? :rolleyes:

Joe Zit

By the way, thats probably an ingrown hair not a pimple. Ive never heard of someone having a pimple on their thigh

">

Well Molly with all due respect, perhaps you are not as well versed on the various types of acne and the places where one can get pimples, acne cysts and such. Hidradenitis Suppurativa for example is a type of acne where one cysts and pimples on breasts, buttocks, under the armpits and even on one's thigh.

I have had severa cystic acne pimples on the inside of my thigh in years past. Then too, there are boils and carbuncles which resemble pimples and acne cysts and can appear just about anywhere on the body.

Maybe you should do a little more reading and research? :rolleyes:

Joe Zit

I wasnt trying to be rude. I didnt mean to upset you, sorry if I did The only acne I know about is acne vulgaris which is the type of acne we mostly discuss here on acne.org