Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LocalMack

What new habits did you pick up once you started breaking out?

When I started breaking out (at 22 years old), I found myself doing a lot of things differently. For example, I washed my hands a lot more, laundered my sheets and towels at least once a week, and started pinning my hair back more.

Granted, sometimes these habits had negative side effects (for example, dry hands). But when I think back on how little I cared about hygiene before I started breaking out - disinfecting and cleaning the bathroom and kitchen, etc., - the changes seem fairly drastic.

Anyone else find themselves with a whole new set of habits and rituals?

Yes, I swear, every time I bite into my skin and swallow it (my very old habit of biting the skin around the fingernails and not spitting it out) I would get a cyst the next day! I have not done this anymore and I seriously think this is what gave me the cysts that was popping out of nowhere.

ha snap andersoj...that really made me chuckle.

Cos i got acne on my chest i got a habit of glancing down to make sure no spots are showing! I still do it to this day! people often think i'm checking out my breast!!

haha oh boy do i have habits! i change my pillow cases every few nights, use my pinky to scratch my face if i absolutely have to because i figure it is the least dirty, wont let my cell phone touch my face, lay my face on a towel if i stay at someone elses house, i freak out if someone tries to touch my face... the list goes on. i STILL do these things even though im clear now thanks to accutane. but i frequently have nightmares about my skin breaking out... tell me how crazy that is.

I just noticed the other day how much lighter my hands are than my arms because I wash them ALL the time now.. also reading food ingredients so I can avoid dairy products as much as I can.. Also I'm always bugging my family with random information about acne.. today my brother was like wow you're an acne nerd, you can probably give a presentation on acne.. lmao

Yea, I started washing my hands way more than before, and I also check for ingredients in everything I eat. Dairy was a big factor to why I got a lot of acne, I started avoiding dairy products few years back and it really improved my skin. Probably one of the biggest habits I picked up was checking acne.org nearly everyday hoping to find a cure lol. One habit I'm actually trying to fix right now is trying to avoid sleeping on my left side (left side of the face is a lot more worse :().

I don't touch my face. Ever. I stay away from junk food and only drink water. I wash my hands constantly and change my pillowcases every other day. I used to skip washing my face on certain days, but I've become very committed to making sure I do a good job.