Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ukguy

Cetaphil = Horrible Skin

I heard Cetephil was a great cleanser, i read so many reviews and most people said it was great. in fact the only time ppl complained about it was when they said it wasnt cleansing enough. But i thought this was perfect for me as i just wanted a gentle cleanser.

sooo, how come after using it twice my skin looks worse than it did before, iv broken out loads, my brown/red mark have become worse and my skin is a weird combination of dry flaky and oily.

Im really not sure what im doing wrong anymore. i cut down to using only a few products, a cleanser, a moisturizer and BHA every 3rd night.

My skins been gernerally good last few months, but kept getting irritated so i thought id change my cleanser as i figured nothing else could be causing the irritation.

Could it be my moisturizer? perhaps its not hydrating enough? Thanks

I heard Cetephil was a great cleanser, i read so many reviews and most people said it was great. in fact the only time ppl complained about it was when they said it wasnt cleansing enough. But i thought this was perfect for me as i just wanted a gentle cleanser.

sooo, how come after using it twice my skin looks worse than it did before, iv broken out loads, my brown/red mark have become worse and my skin is a weird combination of dry flaky and oily.

Im really not sure what im doing wrong anymore. i cut down to using only a few products, a cleanser, a moisturizer and BHA every 3rd night.

My skins been gernerally good last few months, but kept getting irritated so i thought id change my cleanser as i figured nothing else could be causing the irritation.

maybe your moisturizer is causing it coz if you have active acne you should also be using active acne medications and not just a simple regimen. you should medicate AGGRESSIVELY with gentle non pore clogging acne treatments. maybe your skin reacted to the cetaphil cleanser as well as not all people who use it react the same way as everybody who claims that it does give good results...and cutting on the products you use could be the culprit too. Your skin adjusting to the new changes negatively. if you think cleansers irritate your skin easily, then dont use any. just use water...as in plain water. Yeah its good...ive been on it for 2 months now...when in the shower just face up the water while spalshing on your skin for like 15 seconds then pat all corners for another 15 minutes while water still running on you face. then rub off some dead skin if you have some flakes then pat dry with clean towel. then there you go apply your active treatments...just take some time to read my posts...wish this helps you...

jus use dans cleaner or basis soap bro and stopp crying and whinin that totally cleared me up along with the regimen in only 2 weeks!!!

Ugghhh!!! I hated cetaphil with a passion!! It did the same thing to my skin. I switched over to Purpose Gentle Cleanser and that was great. It actually improved my skin even though it was so gentle. I have since switched over to Dermalogica Ultra Calming clenaser but whenever I run out, I reach for my Purpose. Try it out!

Thanks for the replies, i washed my face with just water last night, and its looking less irritated this morning, so im going to go back to my original cleanser, which is Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel and just change my moisturizer and see what heppens.

Oh and btw chino xl, who was crying and whining about it? not me thats for sure, its just after being knocked down all the time, its gets a bit fustrating.

chino there was no need for that comment

I got disappointed with cetaphil too until I mixed it with baking soda and only used it 3 times a week

I use a dermalogica cleanser aswell

I'd steer away from the baking soda becasue it's highly alkaline, and it can take up to 14 hours for your skin's pH to adjust. The result of bad pH = irritation, breakouts, and wrinkles (over time).

What moisturizer are you using, btw? Cetaphil shouldn't do the things you listed it doing.

Im using Neutrogena Norweigian Formula, i dont think its very well know but its doesnt clog pores. Buuut it might be causing the irritation.

Im going to swap to Eucerin see what happens.

I still think its strange how cetaphil has done what it has to me. Cetaphil, im not angry jst vry disapointed.

Cetaphil is one of those products you either love or hate. I hate it! It leaves a white film on my face, I dont feel like it cleans my face and I end up with red bumps all over my face.

Im using Neutrogena Norweigian Formula, i dont think its very well know but its doesnt clog pores. Buuut it might be causing the irritation.

Im going to swap to Eucerin see what happens.

I still think its strange how cetaphil has done what it has to me. Cetaphil, im not angry jst vry disapointed.

try paulas choice products...just continue with the water thing and youll see the difference...

I use cetaphil religiously, i dont use a moisturiser because the cleanser doesn't dry out my skin and i generally have oily skin, but my skin has improved significantly since using cetaphil.