Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys - just wanted to pop in and say it is totally worth it and it get better!

I have been off of accutane for about a year and I am still amazed every day at how great my skin is. Don't get me wrong it isn't perfect, i still get the occasional spot but hey i don't have HUGE boils all over my face that make me want to hide. I love accutane - I hate what it did to me during/post with all of the side effects of having horrid dry skin and losing my ambition and energy. These side effects do stick around for a while after finishing - I was still dealing with some things about 6-8 months post treatment. I feel like I am through most of it now and just want to give you a word of encouragement. You can do this!

post-68392-1243465436_thumb.jpg

before

post-68392-1243465471_thumb.jpg

after

peace out - try not to stress too much!

post-68392-1243465436_thumb.jpg

post-68392-1243465471_thumb.jpg

congrats on staying clear. Its Very motivating. How long did it take for your lips to come back to normal w/o using all the lip stuff>

congrats on staying clear. Its Very motivating. How long did it take for your lips to come back to normal w/o using all the lip stuff>

hey there!

i would say after a couple of months my lips started to calm down with the peeeling and drying...though i am still a lipbalm junkie and keep stuff on my lips all the time - more from habit though. I do feel like it is really easy to get dehydrated now, but it is hard to say that is a effect from the accutane :)

this is great to hear. my lips have always been dry in general so im not TOO worried about the chapped lips problem as many prob are who have pretty normal lips. i can handle a little more dryness if it means my skin stays clear :)