Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newlife23

pics of my excision and severe scars.. help me!

whats up lol... why are you guys fighting hahha... my scars look worst but only in the temples my scars in cheeks are just small ice picks... they probably looked worst because of the lighting and my scars got 10x severe in this pic lol......dont fight over me... i'll get this over hopefuly :)

I have noticed distinct softening of my scarring with the consistent use of a topical retinoid. If you have insurance, Retin A micro or Tazorac could help soften the scarring up. It won't completely eradicate the scars.

Check into dermarolling; read the huge long thread(s) about it. I don't think you need to go the expensive laser route. Check out the physician mentioned above; save your money and see what you can come up with eventually. Treating scarring can be a long-term process but NEVER give up hope.

yes..shes a celebrity surgeon,most Filipino celebrities here they consult to dra vicky belo pls visit http://www.belomed.com/shes using stem cells on scars.

please understand my english..

theres nothing wrong with yoru english

Molly I do think you're making this somwhat into a joke... going to scar forums and then writing "sorry i dont know nothing about scars so cant help you".... who is asking for your help anyway? its like me going to some random forum and just writing sorry i cant help you... what benefit is that to anyone???

That wasnt a joke! I want to be of better help but I cannot because I dont know anything about healing acne scars. Im being supportive and nice, jeeze

I had a fraxel session with Belo last December 2008. It cost me +/- 22,00 pesos. No noticeable difference. Been reading www.realself.com and found out that even after 4- 5 sessions, most of the patients didn't achieve noticeable disappearance of scars.

I'm looking at TCA cross or derma rolling this September.

When I first saw your scars i didn't think of them to be ugly or as something gross.

I felt respect for someone who has scars in his face and is still standig with both feet on the ground, I think a lot of people respect you for your scars because they know that you must be strong from the inside.

It's great if you can respect yourself and the challenges that are givin to you, I havent yet learned this myself, but I knew someone with MS (multiple schlerose) say this and she learned to enjoy small things in live and her challenges until the day she died.

On te other hand it would be great if there was something to do about the scars, the future in stem cell recearch sounds promising,and there are better scar treatments coming each year.

I believe that in A few years time something good might come up.

In the meantime good luck!

Newlife, I would be wary of punch excision for your skin. Because, unless you punch every single scar, you're going to end up with what looks like a whole variety of scars. Currently you have acne scars. If you start randomly punching this and that, you will then have acne scars and punch scars. I only think a punch scar is preferable if the surrounding skin is not covered in other acne scars. One uniform problem, acne scars, is at least consistent. A whole mixed job lot of scars doesn't have that basic uniform feel. I think the vast majority of people will think "oh acne scars, big deal" but with excision scars in the mix those will catch the eye.

I like the idea about you doing stem cells treatment. I hope you find the right doctor.

Newlife

I would look into dermal grafting and/or silicone. Try to find an experienced dr where you live, around where is that? maybe I could point you in the rt direction

Also (I think your scars are too large for punch excision) they have a size limitation.

I like the idea about you doing stem cells treatment. I hope you find the right doctor.

Newlife

I would look into dermal grafting and/or silicone. Try to find an experienced dr where you live, around where is that? maybe I could point you in the rt direction

Also (I think your scars are too large for punch excision) they have a size limitation.

Hi again, actually I've been thinking more about this. I think you should look into synthetic grafts. Alloderm makes a product that comes in a sheet. A Dr then cuts it up into pieces and implants it were needed. That could get a lot of initial elevation, then you could follow up with silicone.

here are the pics of my scars and the excision.. look how worst it is.... i dont have any hyperpigmentation except for the scars that was excised.. you can see a big and long saucer shape red scar coz by excision... fuck it..... made my scar look worst and the other one is a fine red line... the other one just turned into a big hole fuck... im planning to do a punch graft followed by subcision and next laser or a dermarolling with stem cell therapy.. i dont know what to do anymore.. which will i choose? i know i have severe scarring in my temples

Do the dermaroller! I used to work with a facial plastic surgeon and train doctors, and that was one of the most effective....I have been an esthetician for 12 years and that is the best option for stimulating collagen from the inside out...Sincerely!