Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Danica

Generics (again lol)

So my derm perscribed my Sotret and I asked him why that one over the real accutane and he told me that the the brand generics are with in 5% of the actual accutane where just generics only have to be within 20% of the ingredients in accutane. Sorry if that doesn't make snese. The only thing he told me is to make sure that I don't get Claravis he said a lot of his patients have had problems with that. Anyone have any opinions?

Damn, i'm on day 5 with Claravis.. This has me kind of worried :(

I wouldn't worry. I finished a very smooth Claravis course about a month ago, with gorgeous results. It may be a coincidence that some of your derm's patients had trouble with Claravis as opposed to other brands. The fact is, isotretinoin causes side effects, and from everything I've read, the generic vs brand doesn't make a difference. There may be exceptions, but in general, if you experience side effects, they're most likely from the isotretinoin itself, and not the particular formulation you're using. So stay positive, and have faith that you're taking the right stuff :cool:

I'm on my third month of Claravis and haven't had very many problems beside dry skin and lips. Good luck with your course!

I'm sorry I didn't mean to worry you! It's just what my derm said but I do agree that basically they are all going to have side effects and who knows maybe he gets a deal through sotret if he pushes their drug over the others.

Im on day 30 of Claravis and I've seen a GREAT improvement on my skin. There are still pimples, but my face no longer gets oily...its very rare that it does now. I'm satisfied with it so far :)