Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ghostunit

I'm deciding to only spend $100-150 a week.

I have been spending 250$ on food, so I want to make it 150$ because I want to save 100$ every week for college. So, I need a list of cheap food that are good for acne, or does not break out!

I usually always breaking out on my chin area due to hormones! Though, I'm clear!

Also, I spend too much because I'm at the gym, and to be big I must eat a lot! :|

I have been spending 250$ on food, so I want to make it 150$ because I want to save 100$ every week for college. So, I need a list of cheap food that are good for acne, or does not break out!

I usually always breaking out on my chin area due to hormones! Though, I'm clear!

Also, I spend too much because I'm at the gym, and to be big I must eat a lot! :|

Fish like tuna / mackerel

Fruit/Veg

Raw cashews, almonds, walnuts etc

Large eggs

Brown bread

Buy things that won't go off in bulk as its always cheaper

If there's a deal on buy your bread in bulk and freeze it

Ditch most packaged 'goods' - they are over priced crap

Fruit/Veg

Large eggs

Brown bread

What about Steel cut oats? :)

I'm keeping the chicken breast. However, the one I buy is expensive. Perhaps I should consider other brands. Because the one I buy cost 5.49$ PER lbs. I love the taste! Though, it's too expensive. :(

Fruit/Veg

Large eggs

Brown bread

I disagree! It depends where you shop. I shop at trader joes and my groceries range anywhere from $77-$110 depending on the week

wow u spend 250 dollars a week at school..

i usually spend under 70 bucks,

get a lot of chicken, burgers, pasta, eggs, protein shakes, almonds,

I'm a student and I spend about £10-£15 a week (about $15-$20 I think) on food; and I eat heathily on that.

My advice would be to make your own food; it's not that difficult or time consuming (I usually spend about 25mins cooking dinner). It may seem expensive at first to buy all the raw ingredients but they'll last. Buy things like dried (wholemeal) pasta, rice, etc and keep them in a store cupboard. Things like tins of beans and lentils are also really good.

Also don't be afraid of buying frozen food or freezing your own. I never get through a whole loaf of bread on my own before it goes stale, so I buy a loaf from the reduced section and then freeze it to use as I need.

Oats are cheap and last a long time and are one healthiest source of grains

spinach,avocados,carrots

almonds, walnuts

lean turkey and whole grain bread

Frozen veggies are cheap and just as nutritious

sweet potatoes are cheap, fresh produce in season

yogurt, hummus

beans,legumes are really cheap and are high in protein

soups are cheap and convinient and if you choose the right kind are really healthy;choose low sodium and no msg, and broth based soups such as chicken noodle and minestrone instead of cream based such as clam chowder and potato.

I';m also in college and on a budget I usually buy my food and spend about $50-70 most.

Find a produce store or farmer's market.

Get as much of your grains, fish and produce from there. You'll notice a very significant difference in your spending in contrast to grocery stores.

Oats are cheap as hell. Get the huge bags of brown rice as well. If you want flour, just buy the grain and grind it in a coffee grinder.

Don't cheap out on the meat or poultry though. Better to spend a little more and get organic (I also pay around 5.50-6 per lb for boneless, skinless chicken boobies).

Some farmer's markets sell that too, and usually a lot cheaper as well, so look out for that as well.

This probably is a teribble idea for most of you but doesn't effect my acne at all, to meet my calorie needs, i have been taking straight maltodextrin, which is "considered" a complex carb. It cost me like 15$ for 7lbs of the stuff = 12204 calories to mix in with my shakes, so pretty much my own mass gainer WITHOUT the sugars/crap added. Extra 1000 calories a day for VERY cheap, but close to no nutritional value.

Only benefit is it digests fairly slow and wont cause a insulin crash.

Get a hunting license, buy a gun and shoot a deer, bring it to a butcher and freeze the meat. You can also keep the liver and other organs too if you want lol

That should last you a good winter.

How do you spend 250 a week on food? I'm in college and I spend 200 every 2 weeks, and work out 4 times a week. Try becoming a vegetarian, and getting protein from whey.

Only benefit is it digests fairly slow and wont cause a insulin crash.

You're right that maltodextrin is technically a complex carb. However, you're wrong about how quickly it digests--maltodextrin digests very quickly, in line with pure glucose, and probably evokes a large insulin response. Here's a quote from John Berardi on the subject:

Next, I'd like to illustrate the differences between popular liquid carbohydrates including maltodextrin, dextrose, fructose, and sucrose. Maltodextrin is a glucose polymer (a string of glucose units put together, similar to the protein peptide). It is therefore, by definition, a complex carbohydrate. However it's more complex nature does NOT slow digestion. Therefore, the GI and II remain high.

You'll save a lot by buying chicken breasts with skin and bones and preparing the meat yourself.

Basically, you need three groups of nutrients: carbs, proteins, and fat:

Carbs: frozen or fresh vegetables, fruits, brown rice, sprouted grain breads, regular oats

Proteins: chicken, lean ground beef, tuna, free range eggs, whey

Fat: fat from the meats mentioned above, olive oil, coconut oil

For acne diet emphasize on vegetables and lean meats. Limit fruits and juices to during and post workout times and drink water otherwise.

This diet is working pretty nicely for me.

You'll save a lot by buying chicken breasts with skin and bones and preparing the meat yourself.

Basically, you need three groups of nutrients: carbs, proteins, and fat:

Carbs: frozen or fresh vegetables, fruits, brown rice, sprouted grain breads, regular oats

Proteins: chicken, lean ground beef, tuna, free range eggs, whey

Fat: fat from the meats mentioned above, olive oil, coconut oil

For acne diet emphasize on vegetables and lean meats. Limit fruits and juices to during and post workout times and drink water otherwise.

This diet is working pretty nicely for me.

Thank you. I may try these. :)

Oats are cheap and last a long time and are one healthiest source of grains

spinach,avocados,carrots

almonds, walnuts

lean turkey and whole grain bread

Frozen veggies are cheap and just as nutritious

sweet potatoes are cheap, fresh produce in season

yogurt, hummus

beans,legumes are really cheap and are high in protein

soups are cheap and convinient and if you choose the right kind are really healthy;choose low sodium and no msg, and broth based soups such as chicken noodle and minestrone instead of cream based such as clam chowder and potato.

I';m also in college and on a budget I usually buy my food and spend about $50-70 most.

Not a bad list. I was thinking of buying sweet potatoes, nuts, more veggies, and perhaps beans or legumes. I'm in college as well, but I have an OK job which I could afford to buy foods! I pay for college. :ninja:

School aint cheap and neither is food but think of it as you get what u pay for, u pay for cheap crappy food except your skin to look the same, maybe not everyone but those struggling/ This list should help as you can mix and match different recipes.

School aint cheap and neither is food but think of it as you get what u pay for, u pay for cheap crappy food except your skin to look the same, maybe not everyone but those struggling/ This list should help as you can mix and match different recipes.

Yeah, I don't want to break out! :) I will try those food and see if I break out. I'm trying not to stress. I'm a happy person and nice. But I keep thinking of acne. If I see a zit, I would think that it may grow. So I keep looking at it in the mirror, however I stopped looking into the mirror! I would like to try new food though, I want to spend $100-150 a week instead of $250+

Note that I'm working out at the gym to gain muscles! So I need to eat a lot. :)

These foods are not so expensive unless organic is a bit pricier, unless u have refined carbs and saturated fats then shud not be a breakout i think mirrors are eveil everytime i look at one i focus on my acne, then i stress and pick at it which makes it worse, i think if wea l avoided mirrors for a whole day or 2 we woud'nt see our faces then wouldnt touch it or stress about it.

These foods are not so expensive unless organic is a bit pricier, unless u have refined carbs and saturated fats then should not be a breakout i think mirrors are evil every time i look at one i focus on my acne, then i stress and pick at it which makes it worse, i think if we l avoided mirrors for a whole day or 2 we wouldn't see our faces then wouldn't touch it or stress about it.

Yes, I will most likely be avoiding refined carbs, sugars, bad fats, and lots of other ingredients.

As long as I eat healthily, I should be OK, right? I've decided to save $100 every week.

College is expensive. Furthermore, I need to save money. I'm trying to take care of myself by eating healthy.

I nned to go grocery shopping too i guess ill follow advice posted up. anyone tried gluten free bread before,or gluten free anything? what about almond milk or rice milk, im trying to stay away from these before my vacay so as not to trigger a breakout fringers crossed.

If rice or almonds don't break you out, then you should be fine with those.

Good luck

Ya eddie i just bought 6lbs of almonds for 22bux, So worth it = 15300 calories and 540g protein total...awesome way to load up on the calories. 1$=700 calories and 24g protein.