Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest brandi79

Does BP Cause Wrinkles?

Guest brandi79

somebody please answer this:

Does BP age your skin and cause wrinkles??

My moms friend is one of those lisensed workers for treating the face and this is what she said so my mom told me to stop using bp but i dont want to get pimples and my derm prescribed me with bp

somebody please answer this:

Does BP age your skin and cause wrinkles??

My moms friend is one of those lisensed workers for treating the face and this is what she said so my mom told me to stop using bp but i dont want to get pimples and my derm prescribed me with bp

BP is drying, which can seem to accentuate wrinkles. Moisturizing, though, counteracts the dryness.

Guest brandi79

wait, so if your using moisterizer it wont cause wrinkles..is that correct?? someone please answer this

and i dont know anything about these threads or how to use them. i barely use this site at all

From the FAQs:

Q: Does benzoyl peroxide cause wrinkles?

A: No, it does not cause wrinkles; however, some people experience wrinkling around the eyes due to applying benzoyl peroxide too closely to that area. This wrinkling is due to dryness and is not permanent. Avoid the eye area with benzoyl peroxide. It is also important to avoid the eye area with moisturizer that is applied over the benzoyl peroxide. This is because the moisturizer can mix with the benzoyl peroxide and bring the benzoyl peroxide with it. On a personal note, the lower half of my face, which is where I've been using benzoyl peroxide for 20 years, looks better than where I haven't. See this link for a pic of my skin after 20 years of benzoyl peroxide.

From the FAQs:

Q: Does benzoyl peroxide cause wrinkles?

A: No, it does not cause wrinkles; however, some people experience wrinkling around the eyes due to applying benzoyl peroxide too closely to that area. This wrinkling is due to dryness and is not permanent. Avoid the eye area with benzoyl peroxide. It is also important to avoid the eye area with moisturizer that is applied over the benzoyl peroxide. This is because the moisturizer can mix with the benzoyl peroxide and bring the benzoyl peroxide with it. On a personal note, the lower half of my face, which is where I've been using benzoyl peroxide for 20 years, looks better than where I haven't. See this link for a pic of my skin after 20 years of benzoyl peroxide.

I stopped using my bp months ago but my under eye area is still wrinkly, well at least I think it is. I've been using the ocm, you can't get much more moisturising than that surely. Would Castor Oil or Differin do the same thing? Should I not be using castor oil around the eye area?