Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drdeadly

Tanning help disguise red marks in short term ?

Heyo - Im well aware that tanning does nothing to hide red marks in the long term - what I want to know is, will it help disguise them in the short term ?

Ive got red marks on my back, which are pretty faded - I'm going away for a beach holiday in 3 weeks and am considering going to a tanning place (sunbed) to try get a base color to disguise the red marks. Is there any point in doing this ? (Ive never been to such a place before)

I dont really care if it makes them fade slower as I live in a cold country and am rarely topless in public! However, I do care about how I look on the beach on holiday, and want to disguise them as best as possible.

All advice appreciated!

I should also add - Im 2 weeks off a course of accutane. When I asked about my red marks, my dermotologist said that getting some sun will help them.

This is the opposite that Ive read on here - thats why Ive made this thread.

Well, it'll just make your face darker, and therefore blend more w/ your red marks. So it's a quick solution.

well,if you dont to tan for real,get the spray-on sunless tan to mask the red marks.That's what I used to do to help hide my stretch marks (from having a baby) and they are alot harder to hide then acne marks.

well,if you dont to tan for real,get the spray-on sunless tan to mask the red marks.That's what I used to do to help hide my stretch marks (from having a baby) and they are alot harder to hide then acne marks.

I can't get a spray tan, I'm a guy!

I can't get a spray tan, I'm a guy!

Um, who said you can't get a spray tan if you're a guy? I live in LA, lots of men do it.

That's LA; where everything is acceptable. Most small towns and stuff look down upon that and will think you're gay and such. :/

I would never get a spray tan/use fake fan because it looks fake...and icky. In my opinion of course.

I'd say don't tan. Yes the marks will look better for a while but when the tan fades you are stuck with pigmented dark spots and it can take months for them to fade.

I'd say don't tan. Yes the marks will look better for a while but when the tan fades you are stuck with pigmented dark spots and it can take months for them to fade.

Well Ive had the current ones for monthes and they have barely faded. I'm going away on holiday so I'm going to be in the sun whether I like it or not. So I may as well tan before I go, as I'm going to be in the sun when I get there anyway.

I dont really mind if tanning adds a bit of time onto the recovery process. I just want them disguised for the beach! I'm dreading it to be honest.. :(

i do it. and i'm not stupid, and i'm completely aware of the long term effects. sometimes acne makes people do craaazay things. ;) it helps my red marks blend in extremely well.

i know people say it prolongs the effects, but last summer i worked an outdoors job where there was really nothing i could do but to get extremely tan... by the end of the summer, i had the best complexion ever! but BAM right when i stopped getting the sun exposure my acne was back. not sure if it was a coincidence or what, but i'm totally pro sun... wear an spf maybe for a little protection, though. good luck... have fun on your vaca!

well, dont overtan, as that can exacerbate things. do it in moderation. red marks should blend nicer with tan skin than they would white :)