Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lynstar05

Anyone reccommend a good Concealor?

I like MAC studio sculpt concealer. Remember if youre gonna get it for under your eyes, buy an NW shade and if its on zits, buy an NC shade :)

i use Boi-ing concealor by benefit. i thinks its great! its about £15 so not the cheapest but i find mine lasts about 4 - 5 months!

I use maybelline dream matte mousse - depending on your skin type (as someone with oily skin its awesome, but dry might not be so good) - it covers pretty well, and you can try get it on special.

Coverage is good and buildable - colour selection not so great, but if you put foundation over the top all is good!

Some people think there's a downside to it being in a pot, but as long as you wash your hands before you dip in, or use a concealer brush that you wash regularly, you should be fine.

Hiya,

I live in the uk and had a problem finding a good concealer.

I normally buy mineral one from lilylolo.co.uk which is good and £7 per pot and you can buy testers.

I've just bought a good one from boots, Maybelline Pure Cover Mineral, It's working well for me.

Hope this helps =)

hI,

I use aveda concealer with aveda tinted moisturiser, the tinted moisteriser is great because its much lighter than a traditional foundation and their concealer gives very good coverage on red marks.

cinema secrets makes GREAT concealer.. its the only one i can find that actually covers any problem i have at the moment. plus, it doesn't budge either!

you can only get it online at cinemasecrets.com

hi, i have had this probelm for ages but finally found an aswer this weekend! i started a post about covering my acne scars ect and someone left me a post to try Vichy dermablend concealer. i have to say it is amazing!! i have never found something that covers so well and stays in place all day long without going shiny ect. it does everything it says it does, non-comedogenic, not greasy, stays on for 16h and covers everything!! i am never looking back it has given me so much confidance, i dont need to wear anything else with it at ll where as before i was layering all types of makeup on my face. try it i would reccomend it to anyone. and at just under £10.00 it is reasonable too!!! :)

How does studio scult compare to studio finish?

Studio sculpt:

more emollient and more creamy in texture

recommended for normal-combination skin

medium-full coverage

Studio Finish:

all skin types, wears nicely on oily skin

creamy texture, but not as creamy as studio sculpt

maybe a tiny bit more opaque in coverage

has SPF 35 while Studio Sculpt does not

I swear by mac studio finish is definately the best investment for my skin that I have made in a while! I apply it with a eyeshadow brush n make criss-cross motions on my spots with my brush till it all blends in eh voila!

I swear by mac studio finish is definately the best investment for my skin that I have made in a while! I apply it with a eyeshadow brush n make criss-cross motions on my spots with my brush till it all blends in eh voila!

I agree. studio finish is a great concealer =] it also works really well at hiding dark circles, using a good eye cream as a base.