Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have used the acne.org regime for over a year does not really seem to work anymore. I think i am just going to try to watch my diet drink more water and use a moisturizer and a cleanser.

The acne i really get is mostly a boil here and there on my cheeks area. The question i have is what is a good more natural cleanser that has worked for people? I have friends who dont really have the skin condition that i do that used clinque for men cleanser and after a few months were able to just use normal dove soap on their face.

also i saw on this board somewhere that the below was good.

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp142225_333181_...tra_calming.htm

anyone know anything about either of these or anything that might be better? the acne.org regime really dried my skin out so i think with a more natural cleanser and a better diet i might be better off. any help on a good moisturizer and cleanser would be great. thanks!

I have used the acne.org regime for over a year does not really seem to work anymore. I think i am just going to try to watch my diet drink more water and use a moisturizer and a cleanser.

The acne i really get is mostly a boil here and there on my cheeks area. The question i have is what is a good more natural cleanser that has worked for people? I have friends who dont really have the skin condition that i do that used clinque for men cleanser and after a few months were able to just use normal dove soap on their face.

anyone know anything about either of these or anything that might be better? the acne.org regime really dried my skin out so i think with a more natural cleanser and a better diet i might be better off. any help on a good moisturizer and cleanser would be great. thanks!

I really like Clinique's facial cleansing bar in mild (they also have oily and very mild). I had cystic acne and also dry patches and I have very sensitive skin and the facial cleansing bar helped with all those issues. I pair it with Paula's choice 2% BHA and I no longer have the deep, cystic bumps it sounds like you are getting. It is NOT expensive at all. Might be worth a try!

great thanks for the help guys i will try cetaphil next then clinque if that does not work.

I really like Clinique's facial cleansing bar in mild (they also have oily and very mild). I had cystic acne and also dry patches and I have very sensitive skin and the facial cleansing bar helped with all those issues. I pair it with Paula's choice 2% BHA and I no longer have the deep, cystic bumps it sounds like you are getting. It is NOT expensive at all. Might be worth a try!

djtoodles - also looking for a cleanser myself so hope you don't mind me joining in your thread!

Think i am going try the cetaphil also. I've found one called 'Cetaphil Non-Irritating Cleanser' online and wondering if this is the same as the cetaphil gentle cleanser mentioned above ?

i ordered cetaphil and it was shipped today i will let you guys know how it works in a few weeks:) hoping i dont need BP anymore just a good cleanser and a moisturizer. *crossing fingers*

my sister has mentioned she's been using Clinique. She's like 3-4 years older then me and has had similar acne issues. One being very oily skin which I'm trying to get a grasp on as well as the acne in general which I'm making progress on.

my sister has mentioned she's been using Clinique. She's like 3-4 years older then me and has had similar acne issues. One being very oily skin which I'm trying to get a grasp on as well as the acne in general which I'm making progress on.

how did the clinque work for her?

I can report that cetaphil didnt make my acne any worse. in fact at times it worked great, my body seems to just be in a routine of 1-2 weeks clear then a week bad and lately 3 weeks bad.

I think part of my problem is the acne.org regime and proactiv left my skin HORRIBLY dry so i didnt realize that my skin might be a little bit on the oily side. So my next try is the cetaphil normal to oily skin scrub. Or i was thinking about Pernox Scrub Cleanser For Oily Skin Lotion. Has anyone tried that yet?

also i am considering using the cetaphil scrub and taking either just an omega 3 vitamin pill or omega 3 AND vitamin e vitamin pill.

From reading i believe this site people have said vitamin e has left them oily. and it seems my skin is already slightly on the oily side so i wouldnt want to make it worse. not sure if a vitamin or the creams would offer different results though. such as would the pill make my skin more oily as its suppose to fight off toxins from the insides out:)

if you read my last response i mentioned i have been on cetaphil but it hasent helped or made it better. my skin seems fine until about 8-9 hours after washing it then it seems a little but oily. So i think i might need to try the foam for normal to oily skin from cetaphil but i think i need to try something else with it then just the cleanser.

I agree, PC 2% BHA is HOLY GRAIL material!!!

I agree, I'll be buying Paula'c Choice 2% BHA until the day I die. It has seriously improved my skin (paired with regular exercise and good diet, ofcourse).

I agree, PC 2% BHA is HOLY GRAIL material!!!

I agree, I'll be buying Paula'c Choice 2% BHA until the day I die. It has seriously improved my skin (paired with regular exercise and good diet, ofcourse).

2% BHA is just salicylic acid from what i saw. really no different then any other face washes. maybe it works for you but being an adult i think mine is more genes.