Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spotsmcgee

Roaccutane, and a little bit of sillyness

I think I might have skipped a day?

DAY 114:

Went to the doctor today and she had no idea about my finger and she said I'm just going to have to wait it out untill I see my dermatologist again, which isn't until October!!! Then she charged me $50 for her expert advice and off I went. Pffffffft. It's so irritataing I'm stuggling to hold a pen comfortably, and I have my exams coming up! Has this happened to anyone out there??!?

Also the rashes on my legs are back, joy.

Sorry for the negativity, stress less bess stress less

DAY 2:

Still the same. How long before people have started noticing anything, the slightest change?

Off to do homework... :|

My 11 year old daughter noticed a difference after a week. My daughter has been on it since the end of June and now looks fantastic, her confidence is through the roof, her derm said she should stay on it until October - it has been the miracle cure for her, just a bit of dryness on her lips and uses eye drops at the moment.

Good luck

Hey 12pmoore glad to hear that things are working well for your daughter!

DAY ???:

I seem to have lost track of the of which day I'm up to but I'll work it out later. I have some new things to report:

I've started using bio oil for red marks and scars, I've only been using it for the last three days but it works well as a moisturiser aswell.

Lips are still bad, thats not new, but I've got i big red cirlce on each corner of my lips which looks a bit odd.

Blister on my finger is healing, thank god

Nose is dry and sore still, and I've had two blood noses, both of which while I was in the shower?

Ummmmmmmmm... OOh had my formal! I might put a pic up of me at the formal later. but here are some new pics:

I hate red marks, thats all it is. They still make me look as if I have acne.

I get away covering them with make up fairly easily, but I can't wait till I don't deel that I have to wear make up just to pop down the street, or freakout when I have to sleep over a friends and take my make up off.

bye :)

Edited by sweetpea92

hey thats life thanks, its good to know!

DAY UMMM?: I'm almost on month 5 in 3 days!!, so you can work out what day I'm on ;)

Well, my derm appointment is on tuesday, but I don't have enough pills for then so for the last 3 days and up to tuesday I've been only taking 20mg a day trying to stetch it out. I figure that better to keep it in my system than stop taking it altogether. Soooo

Thing on my finger has gone, lips are still dry and cracked, woke up with blood on them the other day. eek. I'm still using a bit of biol oil every now and then. I've still got rashes on my arms and legs, they come and go.

Got a hair cut, coz the ends of my hair were all dry and crackly. Nose is not as sore as it has been. But its all goooooooood. Can't believe month 5 is coming up, only two more to go and then I'm done!!!! I can't wait to have my soft lips back.

Getting lots of compliments which is nice!

Here are some pics: Red marks blah blah go away. Notice any difference? Is the bio oil working?

haha they're shocking photos.... i just woke up.

Edited by sweetpea92

DAY mid hundreds?

So had another derm visit and he said that he noticed a big improvement which is nice. I got another prescriptoin so am back on 40mg a day. At the mo I've got really dry rashes on my arms and legs which isn't good coz it's summer here and I'm like a scaly snake...

Red marks seem to be fading slowly, I asked the derm how long it will take for me to be completely free of red marks and he said 3 to 6 months!!!!!!!! so lonnnnng!!

I've also stpped using my mineral powder foundation, and started using Revlon colourstay liquid coz it gives me so much more coverage, with it red marks are invisible. I only used the mineral because it's so much healthier for skin with acne, but that doesn't really apply anymore. Currently I have no pimples at all, not a sinlg one. 5 months ago I didn't believe that I would ever be able to say that.

I think it's roaccutane related but the peircings in my ears are really dry and now seem to be infected? My ears have never been like that before. weird and disgusting. anyways enjoy the weekend!

xoxoxoxoxoxox

Your skin looks great! You can really see that it is smooth. Yes, the red marks are annoying, but they will eventually go away (so I am told...)

One of my piercings has been disgusting since I started accutane, it is a cartilage piercing and it was almost totally healed when I started accutane, but then it started oozing and crusting. It is not infected, it just isn't healing anymore... hopefully when I'm off the accutane it will heal up finally!

Your skin looks great! You can really see that it is smooth. Yes, the red marks are annoying, but they will eventually go away (so I am told...)

One of my piercings has been disgusting since I started accutane, it is a cartilage piercing and it was almost totally healed when I started accutane, but then it started oozing and crusting. It is not infected, it just isn't healing anymore... hopefully when I'm off the accutane it will heal up finally!

Thanks Chaoticdreams! My piercing sounds about the same as mine, except that mines on my earlobes and I've had them for about seven years which is odd. Hope your piercing gets better!!

DAY MEH:

Not much new, sorry I'm so boring but it's good I spose that not much is a happening these days. Apart from I just ate a really spicy soup and now my peeled lips burrrrrrnnn. barrrr :rolleyes:

In these few pics I've got a little bit of makeup on..

The last one is my forehead

Edited by sweetpea92

DAY SOMETHING SOMETHING:

Hey all sorry that I havent posted in a while, although I'm sure nobody even reads this anymore... :) but my exams are on and so I'm a little bit stressed... I'm currently on my last month of Roaccutane and can't wait for it to be finished!!!! My lips are forever killing me. But I'm so happy that it's worked and that it's been a relatively easy six months.

This log is so boring now coz I never have anything new to report which is a good thing. oooh here is a gem! I've got a coldsore (ew) and combined with my dry lips it's so very painfull.....

I think my redmarks are fading slightly? I'll try to put up some pics. I hope everyones skin is being cooperative.

Just another thing, I have been leaving the house with out make up quite a bit, of sometimes I'll just dab on a bit of concealer, it's such a great feeling. I feel so much more confident and free than I did six months ago. This site was such a lifesaver for me, it's so nice to talk to people who relate and are so nice and friendly :) Thanks to all who have dropped by throughout the months.

Computers being stupid an wont let me put pics up butred marks are fading!!

Till next time, wish me luck with my exams!

FINISHED!!! AND THEN SOME...

Hey all sorry sorry sorry for neglecting this blog for such a long time but I have been backpacking through Europe for the last two months and having a great time :) !

Well I finished my course around early december, and so have been off the roaccutane for well over a month. I went to my derm before I'd almost finsihed and he told me that my skin was looking lovely and the once I'd finished the several pills that I had left that would be it. He also said that he didn't think that I would have much permanent scarring under those pesky red marks. So thats good....

Since I have been off the 'meds' my skin has lost it's dryness and my lips are silky smooth. But I still apply moisturiser like there is no tomorrow because its habbit now. My skin is also no where near as oily as it once was, although its not dry it probably now classifies as the 'normal type', which is sooo exciting!!! All rash side effects are gone too and red marks have faded noticably since I last put photos up. I will try to put some more up soon. My hair is also not dry but not oily and although I cannot go the 5 days not washing as I once was, I can get away with only washing my hair every second day.

I have not had one single pimple since I stopped.

I am so happy and much more confident. When I was on holiday some random came and grabbed my cheeks and told me that I had adorable cheeks in a koochie koo way. Apart from being a bit creeped out... I was secretly so happy that some one liked my skin enough to grab! ha ha. The six months have gone so quickly and now I am finished school and am off to University. I will try to keep updating everynow and then to let you know of any new developments, or even better to tell you that there are none.

Thank you to every one that posted along the way, you made me smile. I wish every one the best and that things will get better in this new year.

I will post soon! Thankyou!!! xoxox

i started taking accutane at june 17 and im still taking now it has really cleared up well but still i have few tiny pimples and few spots which make me feel sick...my doctor wishes me to give accutane one table per week later if needed for now she has prescribed some other tablet for a month ////any suggestions will really help

hey jediv, the only advice I have is to be patient, I know how difficult it is!

FOUR MONTHS POST ROACCUTANE:

I am in such a bad mood, ok Im absolutely furious with my skin because I have started to break out again. On my forehead!? I wasnt even breaking out there when I started treatment 10 months ago!!!! They are tiny but many and they span my whole forehead, I also have a tiny one on my cheek and what appears to be a very small cyst. :( I'm so angry. Ive been crystal clear for months and months and now this. My red marks have practically gone and Ive waited soo long and been a good girl.

I have several theories as to why I'm breaking out:

* I'm stressed coz I need to get a job and pay for uni

* I've started exercising way more than normal

* Its hormonal time?

But I also have the sinking feeling that it's coming back. :(:( And that I may have to find the dermatologists phone number again.

Other skin news, the oil is coming back slowly but surely, I now get the ol' oily forehead by the end of the day.

I just turned 18 and I dont want to give up drinking and having to watch my choloesterol and not eat eggs and what not!!!! arghhhhh!!!!

The skin gods hate me....

Fingers crossed.

Ok...

so Its been about half a year since I finished my course and tomorrow I am going to book an appointment with my gp to see If I can get referred back to my derm as my acne has come back. ew. Although mild, I though I had paid my due last year and I shouldn't have to spend my time worrying about this kind of stuff, nobody should. I've been trying the regimen for around three months and its doing nothing except leaving white crap everywhere and being a pain in the butt to apply... I hope they dont put me on some topical nonsense because i lost faith in those yonks ago.

Ok...

so Its been about half a year since I finished my course and tomorrow I am going to book an appointment with my gp to see If I can get referred back to my derm as my acne has come back. ew. Although mild, I though I had paid my due last year and I shouldn't have to spend my time worrying about this kind of stuff, nobody should. I've been trying the regimen for around three months and its doing nothing except leaving white crap everywhere and being a pain in the butt to apply... I hope they dont put me on some topical nonsense because i lost faith in those yonks ago.

After I caught up with your posts and basically coming along the journey with you, you have NO IDEA HOW MUCH I AM FEELIN' YOU RIGHT NOW! That is horrible. Nobody should go through this and I am so so sorry that you were the one that this happened to. You do seem so lovely. I've just started Roaccutane, so we can totally document together!

Demand Roaccutane!

Thanks for you nice words possiblyHopeful!! I really hope things work out for you too, and I'll be sure to check out your log/blog.

I called my dr's office yesterday and hopefully they are going to send me a referral in the mail. The only bad thing is that being of the lady variety, I spose I will have to wait one month to make sure there is no baby in my belly. :| So i'll be starting the pill again as soon as possible.

Got a few more cysts on my cheek. totally. awesome.

I will be demanding roaccutane even if I have to cry and bang my fists on the ground!!

All the best!

Edited by spotsmcgee

so uh, my "vistor" came today, which is good because It means I can start the pill and get this one month wait on the road, this is even if I get on the Roaccutane again..

My referral still hasn't come yet :(

I just cracked it with Mum over me being upset with my skin, she went on about how "as with menopause, I should try to control it with my eating and yoga"........ :|

I don't think sitting on a mat talking about my chakras is going to get the job done. I absolutely hate comments like that, comments that infer that I have acne due to my lifestyle and therefore it is my fault, I'm a vegetarian, I go to the gym, I work. What could I possibly do to cause this? She still has this old fashion notion that chocolate and pizza causes acne even though I believe thats the farthest thing from the truth. I don't even eat pizza and chocolate anyway!!!!! arrrrgggghhh!! Menopause is inevitable, I hope to god my acne isn't.

Sorry for the rant.. I still haven't heard about my referral so If I might ring the dr's office tomorrow. I really want to sort this out quickly because I would like to avoid as much scarring as possible, as with last time I know how long takes for those pesky red marks to fade and I just got rid of the ones from last time damn it :P

Skin update, breaking out quite badly around my temples and chin and around my lips. Got a big cyst on the back of my neck.. random.

Ciao you beautiful anonymous people!

hey hey,

I've got my dermatologist appointment tomorrow yay! And my skin is still looking quite crap, which is good because hopefully I've got a good chance of getting back on the roaccutane. And I've also done my one month on the pill tomorrow so it's all going to work out fantastically. Only problem is I've got to catch a train and then walk there so heres hoping that I don't end up lost..

I'll let you know how it goes. :)

he prescribed me differin and clyndamycin. :(

some words of encouragement would really be appreciated because I'm feeling really down in the dumps right now.