Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MichaelCH

Small white pimples always around my mouth..

Hi

It's a bit too long story what I've gone through with my acne. But to keep it short and simple: Severe -> Accutane -> Clear for 3 years -> Mild -> Moderate -> Accutane again with fish oil etc. and now I'm almost free of acne although I'm off my low dose accutane treatment in 50 days and I'm very afraid of that day.

I'm now 25 and this acne has kept me from leading a normal life for the past 10 years. I don't have a lot of beard growth, mainly just around my mouth area and also rather light. But at the moment with my fish oil and accutane I'm really almost completely clear except around my mouth where I have to shave the most. Maybe it's not even related but maybe it is....and today I would have had a date with a very very beautiful and cute girl (haven't had a date now in almost 3 years :-( ) who wrote me on facebook that she wanted to get to know me etc. and I called it off because I had again a white pimple above my lip..I just feel so ugly ..probably other people don't even notice it that bad but I do...can I do anything against this if it's related to shaving? I'm shaving only with my electrical shaver and only with water and don't use any aftershave etc. And I have to shave daily, because I have so little beard growth otherwise it just looks stupid and ugly.

I've postponed the date to wednesday but I'm sure I will get another whitehead until then :-(

no! don't let acne affect your life! :)

I'm sure she wouln't have cared or noticed. I don't know too much about whiteheads, but are they inflamed? If not can't they be extracted? (or is that blackheads only?)

My recommendation to you is to give them some spot treatment every day. But don't worry about one little spot. I'm sure she wouldn't care. I know I haven't helped much, sorry. Best of luck to you!

then what do u suggest for spot treatment? I usually never put anything on my skin after lots of bad experiences

and acne took over my life a long time ago..I was already close to suicide etc. at the moment it's just mild acne but I'm worried every morning when I have to stand in front of the mirror for the first time..

And I have to shave daily, because I have so little beard growth otherwise it just looks stupid and ugly.

Rofl, exact same thing here.

small bumps around your mouth can occasionally be cold sore related.

just going out on a limb here but if it doesn't respond at all to spot treatment you may want to try abreva.

small bumps around your mouth can occasionally be cold sore related.

just going out on a limb here but if it doesn't respond at all to spot treatment you may want to try abreva.

It wouldn't hurt to try the abreva anyway, but I seriously doubt from his description that it's herpes.

I'm around the same age and going through the same thing. Acne pretty much only around my mouth where I shave. I'll start to get one pimple in the area and the entire chin area and around my jaw will be broken out. Do you have whiteheads with a visible hair in the middle of them? It sounds to me like folliculitis. It can be recurring and either caused by bacteria or a fungus. Mine completely clears then returns a month or two later. I'm almost positive now that I make it much worse when I shave the area. It spreads the infection.

I've found super light shaving, very carefully, seems to prevent this. It only takes one minor cut for the infection to take foothold though, and after a few days of shaving without even knowing it you could have spread the infection over the entire area.

I'm not sure if there's a good OTC remedy, you have to know if it's fungal or bacterial before you can effectively treat it. I'm fed up enough that I'm going to a dermatologist tomorrow, and I've rarely had a good experience with one.

hm i still get some redheads on other parts of the face though from time to time..the one's around my mouth just started 2 months ago, before that I was clear. Usually they are not read or infected, just a whitehead. sometimes they have a hair in the middle, but not necessarily. but as you say, they usually appear at almost the exact same spot as the last time..

hm i still get some redheads on other parts of the face though from time to time..the one's around my mouth just started 2 months ago, before that I was clear. Usually they are not read or infected, just a whitehead. sometimes they have a hair in the middle, but not necessarily. but as you say, they usually appear at almost the exact same spot as the last time..

Hm...you may want to find a way to get a close shave without getting too close. It sounds like you're getting razor bumps. Or irritation from your close shave that that's causing ur acne (You are applying metal blades to your skin, no matter how small they may be). What aftershave do you use. Does it have tea tree oil in it? If not, you should consider getting a moisturizer, add some tea tree oil (a drop or two) and then rub that on your newly shaved area. It should help alot. Good luck.

then what do u suggest for spot treatment? I usually never put anything on my skin after lots of bad experiences

and acne took over my life a long time ago..I was already close to suicide etc. at the moment it's just mild acne but I'm worried every morning when I have to stand in front of the mirror for the first time..

For spot treatment, alcohol works wonders for me followed by an 8 hour acne gel (can be bought in any store) used twice per day.