Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
:-(

Vitamin E for scars/red marks?

I heard vitamin E can help make scars/red marks less visible, so is it ok to try this out while on Accutane, or should I wait till I'm finished? If so, do I only apply it to my scars or my whole face?

I've heard about this too but, Vitamin E does little or no improvement at all from what I've read. What you can do is buy BioOil and give that a try while your on Accutane. It should be no harm in using it when your on Accutane cause it can act as a moisturizer.

Hi, I'm on Accutane and have been applying Vitamin E (straight from the capsules) to red marks every night before i go to sleep and definitely see improvement. The marks fade way faster. I would say go ahead and try it, it can't hurt. Good luck!

Hi, I'm on Accutane and have been applying Vitamin E (straight from the capsules) to red marks every night before i go to sleep and definitely see improvement. The marks fade way faster. I would say go ahead and try it, it can't hurt. Good luck!

alright thanks, i'll give it a shot. Do you use all the juice in it or just some?

I have found Vitamin E helpful, I use a British brand called SBC they make oil free formulas and I believe it would be a great addition to your Accutane treatment but you may want to investigate it further first as I'm no expert. Google SBC gels for their website/more information but don't buy off their website as it is expensive, I buy mine from either QVC UK or ebay.

So no clogged pores? No breakout, nothing? Sounds like its worth a try!

So its Vitamin E oil i'm after right? Very glad to hear about this :)