Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It's not a good idea to aim for loosing 5 pounds a week. The healthiest route is 1-2 pounds a week. I know that seems like it'll take forever, but your body will thank you!!

I exercised last night too, I thought my legs would colapse!!

Steph

well i tried to stay away from the org but i couldnt do it!!!

I'm on day 3....well almost day 4. I havent really noticed anything yet. My mouth seems to be dry a lot...not sure if thats from the tane or the prednisone. My skin looks pretty great right now from the prednisone. (i got 5 more days on it). I only have about 3 actives!!

Do you guys think my derm will raise my dose anymore than 80? I dont recall hearing about anyone being on more than 80mgs.

STEPH: Yes I know 5lbs seems like a lot, but I AM 173lbs so the weight will come off fast when i start working out and eating healthy. Next week im only gonna aim for 2.5-3. Once I get back in the 150's ill just try for 2lbs a week. But trust me when you weigh as much as I do the weight comes off really fast!!!

alright, im sleepy from working out. Im gonna go to bed :)

hi shelley, so this prednisone has been reacting really good then? my derm prescribes me prednisone for 7 days, lower dose on the 6th and 7th day; since i'm going to have my pre-wedding photo in a few weeks, i'm so stressed out! this prednisone should work overnight rite? i don't expect that this prednisone will clear me asap but i JUST hope on my pre-wed day, my skin is calmer..

Firefly...stop stressing your self out, if you are relying on God, he will make it right for you. Stress is not good for your skin...SMILE!

cece, thanks for the uplifting words :) yes i'm relying on God too to clear up my acne for good.. He's the Doctor of all doctors, isn't He :)

smileee..

Day 5

I woke up today with a REALLY sore throat. Anyone else had this problem? Maybe its the prednisone? I'm not trying to blame everything on the prednisone, but everyone keeps telling me its a realllllly strong steroid and can cause a lot of problems. Oh well....im just going to continue to eat healthy and see how I feel tomorrow. I dont have to work today so ill get some extra sleep.

I havent really noticed side effects yet too much. My head was feelin itchy last night (I bought some head and shoulders). I have noticed needing to apply aquaphor very frequently. No new breakouts yet. Thats about it so far though.

Firefly: Yes the prednisone really does work overnight. Like I said, the night before i started taking it I had like 20 actives. The next day when I woke up about half were gone. The day after that even more, and right now I only have about 3 or 4. Its probly going to be bitersweet though because I have a feeling once I stop taking it in a few days my skin will start looking way worse. I am looking forward to being off the prednisone though. I dont think its very good for my body at all!!! I know accutane isnt either, but one bad thing is better than two bad things right???

okay, well someone please let me know if you have any ideas about my sudden soar throat.

update: soar throat totally gone...weird. I also realized today that i didnt have to use my oil absorbing sheets at all. Normally i go through about 5 or them a day. I used one just a few minutes ago just to see what would come off and there was practically nothing. I have NEVER had that experience before in my life.

unrelated story with accutane undertones :)

I went to the doctor today because ive been having this problem where i have to pee like 20 times a day (its been going on for like 3 years and they cant seem to find anything wrong with me). They looked at my bladder with a camera and said everything looks fine. Sorry if thats too much info for you guys but i figure i might as well document other things that are going on in my life besides just accutane and maybe someone else will see this and be able to direct me towards what the problem might be.

so onto the accutane part of the story. The medical assistant that was helping me noticed i was on accutane and said that her son was on it when he was in high school and his derm said his case was the worst acne she had ever seen. She put him on accutane for a year and she said his skin is still clear (hes like 21 now i think). So, there ya go, another postivie accutane story.

kay well i am off to the gym. I totally fucked up on my healthy eating today and im pissed at myself so im gonna go work out and start fresh tomorrow with my diet!! :)

Thanks for checking in with me! When I saw in one of your posts the word "hella" I thought of Norcal and saw that you're from Sac. I was born and raised in Modesto! Small world. I moved to Coronado (San Diego) for college as well as my mom being from here.

Your log just cracks me up. Don't be discouraged thinking that you say too much. That's what the people stalking your log are living for! Just say what pops into your head because you never know what piece of info will help someone.

I'm starting Monday, and I'm so excited. That's hilarious about your horror story about picking up your script. Well, hilarious for me. :cool:

Quick question: have you noticed your hair getting drier? As in you don't need to wash it as often?

Day 6

Woke up today with a sore throat again!! Whats up with that? I think its from the prednisone. I will be glad to get off that stuff. I think I have 2 more days on it.

Side effect wise, all im noticing so far is dry flakes on my forehead and right cheek, lips are getting a little bit dryer than normal, and my body is feeling a little sore (probly from working out last night).

Breakout wise, all I have is 2 pimples on my forehead, one by my left eyebrow, one on my right jaw and 2 on my left lower cheek. Then theres a couple of small bumps, I dont know if they are about to come up or if they are ones that are going away....they are really small and i have lots of slightly raised red marks from previous breakouts so its hard to remember if these ones are new or not.

I'm assuming I'll see more side effects and more breakouts as i get further into the course and once im taken off this prednisone.

Day 6

Woke up today with a sore throat again!! Whats up with that? I think its from the prednisone. I will be glad to get off that stuff. I think I have 2 more days on it.

Side effect wise, all im noticing so far is dry flakes on my forehead and right cheek, lips are getting a little bit dryer than normal, and my body is feeling a little sore (probly from working out last night).

Breakout wise, all I have is 2 pimples on my forehead, one by my left eyebrow, one on my right jaw and 2 on my left lower cheek. Then theres a couple of small bumps, I dont know if they are about to come up or if they are ones that are going away....they are really small and i have lots of slightly raised red marks from previous breakouts so its hard to remember if these ones are new or not.

I'm assuming I'll see more side effects and more breakouts as i get further into the course and once im taken off this prednisone.

You are almost done with 1 week! Wheee!

If you're like me, the side effects will hit you all at once. But so far they're not unbearable, just sort of uncomfortable. And when you're doing something to take your mind off it, you won't even notice. Cheers!

Day 7!!! (OMG im almost done with week 1)

No more sore throat today!! Tomorrow is my last day on prednisone.

Im definitely noticing my lips being more dry, my head is itchy, my nose is also really itchy and sorta dry. My skin is getting some dry patches around my mouth, on my forehead and on my right cheek, and my face is kinda itchy. I seem to be getting some really small breakouts on my chin/jaw, well they havent come to the surface, but i can feel em under there.

Im really glad that tomorrow is my last day on prednisone. That shit is making my blood pressure so high. Ive been taking it every day at work and its like 170/100!! I know its from the prednisone cuz it lists hypertension as a side effect, and my blood pressure is usually around 130/70. I just wanna get off it and let accutane do what its gonna do....get this IB started so it can get over with!!

OHHHH....another side effect i noticed.....REALLY intense dreams!! I saw lots of people say accutane does this to them. Last night and the night before i had CRAZY dreams, like reallly really vivid ones that i totally remembered when i woke up in the morning (that RARELY hapens to me).

Actually, last night i had this crazy dream that my grandma made me stop taking accutane. When i woke up i was really happy that it was just a dream!! haha.

alright kiddies, im gonna go find something to pass the time before I go to work at 2:30.

Day 8

Nothing really new to report. I still havent really noticed the side effects too much, cept my lips are kinda dry. Is this normal? Should I be noticing them yet?

Today is my last day of prednisone. I am actually excited about that cuz its making my blood pressure waaaay too high!!!

I have been eating pretty damn healthy since I started accutane, but ive fucked up a few times on my diet. I weighed myself this morning and im 170.....so I lost 3lbs this week!! Thats good but i really wanted to loose 5, I'm sure I would of if i had stuck to my diet more religiously. Oh well, this is a new week and I am going to do better. I really want to loose 4lbs this week!!!

I am really interested to see what my blood test results will be. I hope I can lower my cholesterol even though im on accutane.

Day 8

Nothing really new to report. I still havent really noticed the side effects too much, cept my lips are kinda dry. Is this normal? Should I be noticing them yet?

Today is my last day of prednisone. I am actually excited about that cuz its making my blood pressure waaaay too high!!!

I have been eating pretty damn healthy since I started accutane, but ive fucked up a few times on my diet. I weighed myself this morning and im 173.....so I lost 3lbs this week!! Thats good but i really wanted to loose 5, I'm sure I would of if i had stuck to my diet more religiously. Oh well, this is a new week and I am going to do better. I really want to loose 4lbs this week!!!

I am really interested to see what my blood test results will be. I hope I can lower my cholesterol even though im on accutane.

Congrats on the weight loss! It's really hard to lose weight anyway, but people on prednisone are known to experience increased appetite and water gain, so I bet next week you will hit your goal.

Do you ever eat at Crepeville in Sac? That used to be my favorite breakfast place... back when I could open my mouth to fit food inside. The sides of my mouth have gotten sooo dry. I would eat a dozen hamburgers right now if I could. So I guess it's good for my diet that my mouth is pretty much immobile? Who knows, hehe.

Keep it up! :dance:

Oh cool, I didnt know prednisone could cause you to gain weight and be hungry. That could defintiely explain why i didnt loose more weight last week!! I'm gonna use that as my excuse now anyways!! haha but today is my last day on it so I better stick to my plan and loose 4lbs this week!!

MY LIPS HURT!!! They are totally peeling. I'm not even fucking around with the other chapsticks I bought, aquaphor is the only thing that helps.

Yeah, I had the same issue (as all of us, lol) with the lips and used aquaphor only and occasionally carmex, because it is medicated and made the soreness go away. However, now I am back to wearing chapstick and lipgloss, but I do apply it more than normal people, lol. Anyways, good luck with the course. SMILE!

hmmm maybe I will have to try carmex.

Day 9...

NO MORE PREDNISONE.....so come on accutane, do your worse. Not that I want to have an IB or nasty side effects, I just want to know this shit is working. I still only have a few breakouts on my chin....one of them being a small cyst. My skin seems to be getting more dry and flaky by the day. It was pretty itchy last night. Does anyone know if its okay to use hydrocortizone cream while you are on accutane? My derm said it was fine, but i know different derms say different things so what does yours say?

Oh and also I'm noticing slight back pain when I bend over and stand back up.

If this IB is going to come it better come soon so it can get over with. I dont want an IB in the middle of my 2nd month or anything....

If anyone needs some inspiration and a reason to keep going .... check out this guys results http://mdlestat.blogs.com/photos/right_fac...em_day_one.html

update for today...i swear my skin changed so much today. I thought it looked good this morning, but i just took a shower and i was inspecting my skin in the mirror..i am definitely breaking out on my chin and jaw and a little on my cheeks too. I can feel bumps under the skin on my jaw line and I have a pretty big cyst on my chin. I hope this is the start of the IB. I want it over with. My skin is hella dry and flaky too and a lot more red than usual. My lips are majorly chapped, but its funny cuz they look good when i put aquaphor on...they are nice and smooth.

I am irritated and depressed as hell. I hung out with my twin sister today and she wasnt wearing any makeup. her skin is so much better than mine and i dont understand why. I have spent so much money on expensive products, i dont drink or smoke and i eat healthy. She does meth, she smokes, she drinks, she buys cheap shit from longs, and her skin isnt that bad at all. She does have breakouts but nothing close to mine. Its not fair!!! and to top that all off shes skinnier than me!!!

I hope all that changes in the next few months. Come september I want to be the skinny twin with the clear skin. As superficial or bitchy as that may sound....shes had it long enough, let somoeone else have a turn!!!

I am on this site waaaaay too much!!! lol. Is anyone even reading this crap?

You know your skin is probably flaky and itchy because it is not been moisturized well. What are you using? You should use something super oily at night so that is helps balance you out in the morning. I read this "crap", lol.

Day 10

Well, my skin looks pretty much like it did before I started taking prednisone. Ive got a cyst on my chin, and about 4 other ones on my chin, a couple on my right jaw line, and a couple on my left cheek, as well as 2 on my forehead that are going away, and other random bumps that i cant tell if they are coming or going.

I'm not sure if this is the start of my IB or just the result of getting of the prednisone, I guss time will tell.....I am only on day 10 after all.

Diet wise, I am feeling great. I have been eating really healthy. I just weighed myself this morning and im 169. I havent been in the 160's in like 2 years so thats pretty freekin awesome. The only thing that sucks is the scale at the gym says like 3lbs more than the one at home does.....so im not sure which one is accurate. Whatever....I want to be 158 by my next derm appointment (July 6th) Thats my goal.

Anyways, I am feeling so great being vegan!!!

QUESTION: Has anyone else notice insomnia while on accutane? I swear since I started I have NOT been able to sleep at night. I have no problem sleeping in in the morning, but I can NOT fall asleep until like 3 or 4. Its freekin annoying as hell.

CECE: I'm keeing my skin really moisturized using serave which is the best moisturizer I have found. Its not that dry really, just flaky around my mouth and a lil on my forehead...it also hasnt really been that itchy anymore. Its fine up until the end of the daywhen my makeup starts wearing off and then it just looks grose and flaky.

To reply to your comment on my blog- I should be starting tomorrow! So 10 days after you:)

Congrats on the weight loss! I am on my way to the 160's as well, can't wait.

And as for your sister, if she keeps using meth, her skin isn't gonna look good for too long!

To reply to your comment on my blog- I should be starting tomorrow! So 10 days after you:)

Congrats on the weight loss! I am on my way to the 160's as well, can't wait.

And as for your sister, if she keeps using meth, her skin isn't gonna look good for too long!

Yay did you start today?? What dose and brand?

DAY 11

The skin on my face is super dry but not itchy so thats really good...its just really flaky. I still have about the same amount of breakouts. Not really sure whats up with that... I have a little rash on my arms and hands...nothing major...ive had it before anyways cuz i have to wash my hands so damn much at work and it irritates my skin. Definitely still noticing less oil production. I used an oil absorbing sheet at the very end of the day and barely anything came off. Havent noticed any joint pain which is awesome because im working out every day!!

On the paper that comes with my sotret it lists all the side effects and it says accutane can cause "blood sugar problems and diabetes" wtf?? I didnt know this and it kinda scares me. I had my blood sugar tested before i started and it was 103....normal, but it could be lower. That diabetes thing scares me though...

Do they test your blood sugar in the blood tests you have to get every month?? With that being a side effect I would think they would!!

A had a minor fiasco with iPledge and my dr's office scheduling my appt too soon. I have to go back tomorrow am for another preg test, so hopefully I can start tomorrow, but I also have this prior auth with my insurance and I don't know if that was taken care of yesterday or not... so we'll see. Keep your fingers crossed!

I'll be on 90mg a day. My rx says sotret, but my pharmacy says they usually carry claravis, so not sure about that yet. I think I'm gonna take 30mg in the am and 60mg in the pm.

Sounds like you are doing well on it! You can ask your dr to order a glucose test with your monthly labs, but I don't think they routinely order it unless you are predisposed to diabetes.

On the paper that comes with my sotret it lists all the side effects and it says accutane can cause "blood sugar problems and diabetes" wtf?? I didnt know this and it kinda scares me. I had my blood sugar tested before i started and it was 103....normal, but it could be lower. That diabetes thing scares me though...

Do they test your blood sugar in the blood tests you have to get every month?? With that being a side effect I would think they would!!

I think they have to list EVERYTHING that has EVER happened to a person taking accutane as a side effect, just to legally cover their butts. Like if my apartment burns down, the pharmaceutical company will have to list that as a potential side effect of taking accutane, because it happened to one person one time.

I have no idea why this drug out of so many has become so controversial, but the vast majority of people do not experience the serious side effects. If you read through the reviews on this site for accutane, there are over 1,000 and in the "cons" section everyone is just like, "chapped lips, dry skin" and a couple of people say "nose bleeds and joint pain."

Anyway, your dr. will monitor you and it sounds like you are making big improvements in your diet, so I wouldn't worry.

Carry on.

Day 12: (almost done with 2 weeks)

Its amazing how fast time is flying by. Im like 2 weeks away from my next derm appointment. Everything is going just fine. No nasty side effects at all. The only thing I am experiencing is dry skin and dry lips. Well, I did have a pretty bad headache this morning.

My skin seems to be looking better breakout wise today. The only things I really have are a few on my chin/jawline area. Did that prednisone work its magic or is the IB just coming a little late?? The suspense is killing me!!

Healthwise I am doing awesome. Last month I was 185lbs...I weighed myself this morning and im 168...I have almost lost 20lbs!!! My BMI is no longer considered OBESE!! its just considered overweight! haha either way im still fat and need to loose about 50 more pounds. My goal right now is to be 158 by my next derm appointment on july 6th. Im reading all these inspiring books about being vegan and getting healthy. :) If anyone wants to read an awesome book, read "Skinny bitch" I forget who its by....its the book that made me want to be a vegan. It talks about the meat industry and how disgusting it is, and all the nasty stuff thats in milk.

Chaotic: 90mgs? damn. How much do you weigh? That seems like a lot...I wonder if my derm is gonna raise mine next month. As for the pharmacy carrying claravis...you're gonna have to call around to a lot of different places and find someone that carries sotret in the mg's you need. Id start doing that now so you will know when its time to pick up the scrip. My derm said he would only let me take either accutane or sotret...i guess he doesnt like the other generics. Personally i think thats bull....From what ive seen on this site there is no difference between them.

Nikkia: You're probly right, I know there are a crap load of side-effects listed!! It does say it can raise your blood sugar though, I dont think you can even take it if you are diabetic. I guess it must not be that big of a deal beause they never asked me anything about my blood sugar or tested it or anything. Oh well...I will just keep being healthy and loosing weight and ill voice my concerncs to my derm on july 6th when I see him.

171 yesterday morning. So I'm not that far from you. Congrats on your weight loss!!

I called CVS and they said they would fill it with Sotret, so hopefully that won't turn into yet another roadblock! (I'm having issues with my insurance now)

And Nikkia is totally right, they have to list practically everything anyone complains of during the trials as a side effect. Have you ever looked up side effects for other drugs? They are usually all paragraphs long. Just go with the flow:)