Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Approximately,how long does it take for red marks to fade?

Some take weeks and some take months. I've noticed that the bigger ones or prior blemishes that had a lot of trauma (picking) last much longer than the small ones or blemishes that were left alone.

yeahh my inflamed acne have gone down but i have red marks left and yea i use to pick them while they were active im just worried i hope i wont have any scars left after the red marks fade

yeah i guess so ,i agree on that it varies from person to person statment i just hope my red marks will disappear soon ,and thanks i gotta look for that red mark forum

yeah i guess so ,i agree on that it varies from person to person statment i just hope my red marks will disappear soon ,and thanks i gotta look for that red mark forum

Try using AHA. It really does help fade redmarks. It does for me anyway. My cleanser has AHA in it

Try using AHA. It really does help fade redmarks. It does for me anyway. My cleanser has AHA in it

is that AHA from Dan's products?which cleanser u use

Guest missyjean130

A lot of times I hear people say on this site that if a red mark lasts over a year then it's a scar.

I say that's not really true sometimes,because I think some of my old marks were there for more than a year.

is that AHA from Dan's products?which cleanser u use

Read my signature

depends how big the pimple was and where it was located. I've had terrible whiteheads on my chin but the marks clear up within days. I can get a small inflamed pimple on my cheek and the mark will last 6 months+.

Your treatments affect your marks too. If you do BP or accutane it will last alot longer.

depends how big the pimple was and where it was located. I've had terrible whiteheads on my chin but the marks clear up within days. I can get a small inflamed pimple on my cheek and the mark will last 6 months+.

Your treatments affect your marks too. If you do BP or accutane it will last alot longer.

yeah im on accutane nd dianette pill which means my healing will be slower which sucks but ah well gotta live with it but at least make up can cover it but i dont wanna be using make up all the time

A lot of times I hear people say on this site that if a red mark lasts over a year then it's a scar.

I say that's not really true sometimes,because I think some of my old marks were there for more than a year.

i also read on this site that apple cider vingar helps red marks fade and i see that u used it ,did it help much with the red marks?

You could ask your doctor if using a glycolic acid cleanser product while on Accutane would be ok, or you could just try it yourself and stop if you notice irritation. You'd be able to use the cleanser after you've finished your accutane course and have fully recovered from the side effects.

See my signature for Glycolic acid product recommendations (some are cleansers). I love Alpha Hydrox Souffle myself but it might be too strong for someone on Accutane.

Good luck with your course and don't neglect your body or your diet! :)

Guest missyjean130

i also read on this site that apple cider vingar helps red marks fade and i see that u used it ,did it help much with the red marks?

It's faded them a few shades lighter,yup!

so u get apc and mix it with water and then put that all over ur red marks yea once a day,is that how it works?

Guest missyjean130
so u get apc and mix it with water and then put that all over ur red marks yea once a day,is that how it works?

half acv,half water...use it as a toner,so I just squirt it on a cotton ball and wipe it all over my face.I waited like,a month after accutane before using it though. Skin on tane is very sensitive. You might want to dilluted it even more with water depending on how your skin handles it.

ah damn i still have 3 more months to go till my accutane course is over so i should wait and them use acv ,soo do u dilute them ina cup?ah i dont kno what to use now while im on accutane retin a ??coz i have only 1 active spot the rest are all just red marks

Depends. Now that I'm using a redmark-preventative method most of my acne does not leave redmarks that last more than a couple weeks, but I have a ton of older ones that have been on my face way over six months... hoping the salt water from the beach this summer will help speed their treatment up. :confused:

Depends. Now that I'm using a redmark-preventative method most of my acne does not leave redmarks that last more than a couple weeks, but I have a ton of older ones that have been on my face way over six months... hoping the salt water from the beach this summer will help speed their treatment up. :confused:

cool soo which redmark preventative are u usin?

im using sudocream now i heard its good for red marks so ima give it a try

It's faded them a few shades lighter,yup!

does anybody know if baking soda will also make things better or not? in addition to the apple cider vinegar, of course.