Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I googled up green tea and seems like it is quite beneficial in improving the skin. I have been drinking 1-2 packets of green tea everyday for about a a couple of months now. My skin is unpredictable and I have been using aha/bha products so I have no idea if green tea is helping in my skin, or the skincare products. But I think there's no harm as green tea is healthy and safe to consume daily.

Yeah, I'm always skeptical as to if any one or even multiple line or products/goods/foods can help acne. Obviously it doesn't hurt, in the sense of eating healthy foods. I once took a shot of distilled vinegar because i heard it's good for acne. shit tasted nasty.

google green tea and increase in dht level

Here is the full study that implicated green tea in rising serum DHT: http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/133/2/516#SEC2

Quote: "Green tea tended to increase serum testosterone and DHT levels by 73.8% (P = 0.14) and 194% (P = 0.076), respectively. The combination of SPC and green tea reduced serum levels of DHT (P < 0.05)."

Take the study results with a grain of salt. More studies on green tea have shown it to have desirable effects on 5-alpha reductase and DHT, it's just a matter of confirming available research and knowing how to use the stuff correctly.

^ Yes, and I've seen many people post that it cleared them. For most people, there isn't just one magic treatment that will cure you.

You can also use it topically. For example, use it to dilute your ACV toner.

Some people also say that it takes a LOT of green tea to notice a difference in your skin. If you want lots of green tea without the caffeine, there are some tasty extracts out there. I like Dr. Brandt's Antioxidant Water Booster. No idea if it's actually doing anything to my complexion, but...it's yummy!

this probably has nothing to do with skincare, but I read a recent article on msn that 5 packets of green tea per day could help in slimming. So I'm guessing should there be any effects on the skin, I would have to consume a large amount too.

this probably has nothing to do with skincare, but I read a recent article on msn that 5 packets of green tea per day could help in slimming. So I'm guessing should there be any effects on the skin, I would have to consume a large amount too.

The study I've seen reports that 4 cups of green tea increases metabolism by 4%.

I used to do fine on green tea. but, when i started to break out badly last year, i found that green tea made my face oily as hell. now that my face is healing, maybe i'll try some green tea again to see how i react to it.

I've been drinking green tea almost exculsively since I was 18. I'm 26 now and my skin is still in bits. Recently I invested in Matcha Japanese Green Tea which has 1000 times the anti-oxidant level of regular green tea and has the highest levels of anti-oxidant of any food/drink on the planet. I'll see how that works but I wouldn't hold my breath for the regular stuff working.

I've been drinking green tea almost exculsively since I was 18. I'm 26 now and my skin is still in bits. Recently I invested in Matcha Japanese Green Tea which has 1000 times the anti-oxidant level of regular green tea and has the highest levels of anti-oxidant of any food/drink on the planet.

This is hardly relevant, but that's not possible.

One cup of tea is roughly 250 grams. One cup of regular tea is reported to have about 200mg of antioxidants. For matcha green tea to have 1000x the antioxidants of regular tea, it would have (200x1000)mg of antioxidants, which is 200000 mg, which is 200 grams. Given that green tea is mostly water, it's impossible for a 250g cup of tea to have 200 grams of antioxidants.

I've been drinking green tea almost exculsively since I was 18. I'm 26 now and my skin is still in bits. Recently I invested in Matcha Japanese Green Tea which has 1000 times the anti-oxidant level of regular green tea and has the highest levels of anti-oxidant of any food/drink on the planet.

This is hardly relevant, but that's not possible.

One cup of tea is roughly 250 grams. One cup of regular tea is reported to have about 200mg of antioxidants. For matcha green tea to have 1000x the antioxidants of regular tea, it would have (200x1000)mg of antioxidants, which is 200000 mg, which is 200 grams. Given that green tea is mostly water, it's impossible for a 250g cup of tea to have 200 grams of antioxidants.

It's what was on the literature in the shop. Either way, green tea tastes yummy but doesn't work either for clearer skin or to speed up metabolism.