Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, so today I was watching our local news (Philly area) and they were talking about White Tea and its' benefits. Well it turns out that studies proved that it is better than green tea! They stated that it was a great aide in weight loss and also great at helping achieve healthy skin!! I believe it has more anti-oxidants than green tea. It also has less caffeine than green tea. Just thought I would pass it along to others. I don't recall if they stated how many cups you should have a day but if you are already a green tea drinker maybe substituting a cup or two a day of your green tea with white tea may be beneficial! They may have the full story on their web-site (google NBC10 Philly). :dance:

Ok, the topic is on their site. Under the health section. Actual link is http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/health/topi...of-the-Bag.html

They recommend drinking 4 cups a day for weightloss but didn't state how much for anything else. It also helps fight signs of aging! So great for your skin and loose some LBS! Wow, I am definately switching to white tea and also going to give it to my daughter to help with her skin! :razz:

I've been drinking white tea for a while now (not particularly for acne, I just like the stuff) in my opinion it tastes better than Green tea; there's less of a bitter aftertaste.

I've been drinking white tea for a while now (not particularly for acne, I just like the stuff) in my opinion it tastes better than Green tea; there's less of a bitter aftertaste.

How many cups do you drink a day? Does it help with your skin?

It varies, where I'm from drinking ordinary tea is practically an institution so that would be my norm.

I don't know if it help my skin, I drink it because I like it so I haven't been paying attention to my skin in relation to it, sorry.

It varies, where I'm from drinking ordinary tea is practically an institution so that would be my norm.

I don't know if it help my skin, I drink it because I like it so I haven't been paying attention to my skin in relation to it, sorry.

Thanks anyway. I does taste good. I will be honest, I had my first cup of white tea last night. Quite tastey! So if it does have added benefits then I will drink it more often!

I've been drinking white tea for 2 weeks now, (green tea for half a year) and I can't tell if it's the tea that helps with the skin (I'm also on a diet for skin, and also using dermatologist recommended topicals), but it def hasn't hurt. And my skin has improved, right now I'm pretty much clear (though I attribute it more to eliminating binges, cutting out dairy and junk and reducing high GI foods).

I also seem to have lost more weight while dieting and using tea then any other diet I've been on (without drinking tea, and drinking diet coke instead), but my diet is different as well (I eat A TON of fruit and vegetables. My breakfast is pretty much just fruit - up to 2 pounds worth lol :P - and most of my dinner and lunch is made up of raw and/or cooked vegetables.

A tip on being able to drink green/white tea without taking in too much caffeine:

1. Buy QUALITY white tea (google for sortiments and their quality assessment)

2. Brew first tea, and let the sachet there in the cup.

3. After drinking first tea, pour some more hot water on top of the sachet. Seep 2 min more then the first time. (AT THIS POINT THERE IS NO MORE CAFFEINE LEAKING OUT - only on the first seep)

4. Add hot water up to 4 times in total (only works with quality tea) and seep an additional 2 min for each.

You just got 1 cup of regular white tea, and 3 cups of decaff white tea!