Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rfeolino

Lipton Green Tea (Citrus)

OK. So, I've been hearing that green tea's antioxidants are good for acne. So, I bought a bottle of this and I don't know if this is the green tea people are talking about. It says on the bottle "Contains natural AOX antioxidants" so is this good to drink for acne? This is the bottled version. Thanks. Plus, I'm on Accutane. 8 weeks in (:

Lol no. Lipton is as much tea as I am a mythical dragon.

Just look at the ingredients on the bottle.

Water, high fructose corn syrup, citric acid, green tea, sodium hexametaphosphate, ascorbic acid, honey, natural flavors, phosphoric acid, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, calcium disodium edta, caramel color, tallow 5, blue1.

If you want the benefits of green tea, you need to drink real green tea. I would recommend a loose leaf green tea. I like to buy my tea from http://www.teavana.com/default.aspx

If that isn't the route you want to go, you could also take green tea extract. I've never noticed tea helping my acne at all but that's just me. I drink it simply because I like it.

Damn, I feel stupid XD Umm, is there any recommendations on GOOD natural green tea I can buy at Walmart of something? Also, do you add honey to your's or is it straight up greeen tea. THANKS for the reply (:

It's alright, it's a mistake i'm sure many people make. Good advertising + packaging is enough to make the general public believe Vitamin water is healthy, so green tea stands an even better chance since it can use the words "green tea".

I really don't know any kind you could get at Wal Mart since I don't shop there for my tea, you can try going to the tea aisle and looking for green tea in bags.

And as for sweetening, it really depends on the type of tea. Green tea I never sweeten. Certain types of white tea I enjoy sweetening and when I do I use agave nectar. You could use honey though. Honey is great for using as a facial mask as well. It has amazing natural anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Just make sure it's pure honey.

If I were you I'd stay away not only from bottled teas, but also from bagged teas which are FLAVOURED.

I was drinking Lipton Green tea Mint for quite a while, until I glanced on the box and saw MINT FLAVOUR.

What the... I can't believe they would flavour freaking teas man. That's like adding chemicals to water. Oh wait, there's flavoured water too. Insane if you ask me.

I personally buy my teas from an organic shop, and they cost just as much as the Lipton bagged kind. And they are not only free of flavourings (wtf) but also they are from organic crops.